Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Big day today!

Could you walk us through the process and timelines, please?

When I place order today, what happens next, when I can expect you guys to ship it?

It will be the first time I buy something from crowdfunding site...

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: loader963

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Big day today!

Could you walk us through the process and timelines, please?

When I place order today, what happens next, when I can expect you guys to ship it?

It will be the first time I buy something from crowdfunding site...

Best of luck!

You will have so much to read and watch, that we won't write anything until the campaign launch. You will find everything there. Please be patient :)

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Hey... don't boo-me!

Ok. Some rough counting:

- 1st of April we will start a campaign which will last for a 30 days,

- 1st of May campaign will end, and after that within 2-3 weeks indiegogo will send us crowdfunded money.

- at the end of May we will exchange money to our national currency (we are based in European Union/Poland, so we pay most of our subcontractors in PLN), and then, probably at the start of June we will send all orders to our submanufacturers.

- probably after 30-60 days we should receive elements to start the assembling process. It means, in the middle of Summer we will be able to start the production at our place.

- Probably we will be able to collect all the accessories by the end of July,

- August, September, October (depending on how many orders we will receive), we will be assembling the packages.

- November/December, we will be sending packages with 7-days delivery DHL express shipping.

It is very possible that everything can be happening a lot earlier, but we want to give ourselves some reserve for delays caused by our submanufacturers.

This will also be written in the campaign page. Please remember, unlike in some other crowdfunding campaigns, we didn't make any pre-manufacturing for a stock. If Sentry 2.0 will be funded, then every of its element will need to be manufactured, and it will take time. To make it even faster, this time we want to send everything at once to our backers. Making smaller batches like in the v1.1 campaign could cause bigger delays. It is possible we will be shipping packages maybe even in October, but with last campaign many things didn't depend on us, so better be prepared for another one or two months of waiting. What is more.... we do not know how will Brexit influence our production. Many questions, just don't have simple answers...

Last edited:

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
I have being patient for 2 years now... XD
But its great that the campaing is already upon us, and i understand that you guys need time to prepare everything to be perfect!
Great job, guys! Best of luck for this one and thanks for doing this for the comunity!

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
will there be supper early bird price?

That would be great!

A small thank you for participating in discussion for months and making it a better case.

Full price is pretty expensive.

Nope, there will be same price for everybody. It is a community project, and it would be unfair towards some people who might be at work at the time of the start of this campaign, and they would also probably like to order such "early-bird" option, while they are also here with us for 2,3 or even 4 years. We want this campaign to be simple, without any price-tricks.

What is more, don't fool yourselves: If someone is making a campaign with cheaper "early-birds" option, then probably someone else will have to pay for it to compensate the difference (other people, who buy their product later). We do not want to do such things. We feel it wouldn't be right.

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Nope, there will be same price for everybody. It is a community project, and it would be unfair towards some people who might be at work at the time of the start of this campaign, and they would also probably order such "early-bird" option, while they are also here with us for 2,3 or even 4 years. We want this campaign to be simple, without any price-tricks.

What is more, don't fool yourselves: If someone is making a campaign with cheaper "early-birds" option, then probably someone else will have to pay for it (other people, who buy their product later). We do not want to do such things. We feel it wouldn't be right.

You can always make case for both ways. I think differently.

I will not send payment today then, I have 30 days to do so.

HetBalderdier

Chassis Packer
Aug 1, 2017
Hey... don't boo-me!

Ok. Some rough counting:

- 1st of April we will start a campaign which will last for a 30 days,

- 1st of May campaign will end, and after that within 2-3 weeks indiegogo will send us crowdfunded money.

- at the end of May we will exchange money to our national currency (we are based in European Union/Poland, so we pay most of our subcontractors in PLN), and then, probably at the start of June we will send all orders to our submanufacturers.

- probably after 30-60 days we should receive elements to start the assembling process. It means, in the middle of Summer we will be able to start the production at our place.

- Probably we will be able to collect all the accessories by the end of July,

- August, September, October (depending on how many orders we will receive), we will be assembling the packages.

- November/December, we will be sending packages with 7-days delivery DHL express shipping.

It is very possible that everything can be happening a lot earlier, but we want to give ourselves some reserve for delays caused by our submanufacturers.

This will also be written in the campaign page. Please remember, unlike in some other crowdfunding campaigns, we didn't make any pre-manufacturing for a stock. If Sentry 2.0 will be funded, then every of its element will need to be manufactured, and it will take time. To make it even faster, this time we want to send everything at once to our backers. Making smaller batches like in the v1.1 campaign could cause bigger delays. It is possible we will be shipping packages maybe even in October, but with last campaign many things didn't depend on us, so better be prepared for another one or two months of waiting. What is more.... we do not know how will Brexit influence our production. Many questions, just don't have simple answers...

So this gives us the whole month of April the time to order the case? No limited supply or anything like that?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
You can always make case for both ways. I think differently.

I will not send payment today then, I have 30 days to do so.

Right, but at this moment we do not know what is the real demand for such case. Last time we expected orders for 100 units... we received over 1000. This time our limit will be 5000 units, 1000 units needed for funding this project. If more people will order Sentry at the start of the campaign, it will encourage more people later to the same. Right now I do not know if Sentry will be successfully funded. We will probably have to wait several days.

Reactions: LeandroB

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
So this gives us the whole month of April the time to order the case? No limited supply or anything like that?

There must be a limit. If we wouldn't limit the number of orders, then we wouldn't be able to estimate the time of delivery (we do not want to send everything in several batches). We set a limit on the level of 5000 units.

It means, virtually you can have less than 30 days to order Sentry, because you/we do not know the demand for such product.

Reactions: LeandroB

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Right, but at this moment we do not know what is the real demand for such case. Last time we expected orders for 100 units... we received over 1000. This time our limit will be 5000 units, 1000 units needed for funding this project. If more people will order Sentry at the start of the campaign, it will encourage more people later to the same. Right now I do not know if Sentry will be successfully funded. We will probably have to wait several days.

All right, good to know. Since there won't be any special price for early bidders, I will very much need those 250 EUR for as long as possible.
See you at the end of April then.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
One more side question. Saw on Hard forum that you guys had some trouble with the black ridge cooler and the pci risers a few months back. Would you recommend people to avoid that cooler with your case or is it up to the motherboard being used?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
One more side question. Saw on Hard forum that you guys had some trouble with the black ridge cooler and the pci risers a few months back. Would you recommend people to avoid that cooler with your case or is it up to the motherboard being used?

I should have it this week. I sent it back on a recall and got a refund without option for replacement when it launched. I'll check how it looks with current riser because the flexible riser had a bit of extension towards the center of the board and was easily damaged by black ridge's end of the fin stack / heatpipes.