Prototype [Scratch Build]Project REAL CUBE (Back online, V3.0 soon)

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I don't know how many of you still remember it

At least one :) Glad to see you're back!

On the Inside however pretty much everything but the general hardware layout changed

I'm a little concerned about the p-shaped piece. You will be using Plywood for this, right? It should be fine as long as the PSU doesn't put too much pressure on it.

Reactions: Minefoxi

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
So, after over a year, I'm back with my project!

I don't know how many of you still remember it, but I hope that some are still interested in the progress I've made over the last year (during which I also started studying mechanical engineering)

For now, I updated the first post and I'll just leave those fancy KeyShot renderings of Version 3.0 here:

Not much changed on the outside...

...except for half the screws on the back beeing gone or moved somewhere else now

On the Inside however pretty much everything but the general hardware layout changed

Just look at those many screws!
This case plus some big copper heatsinks=ultimate steampunk PC

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Good to see you back, immediately diving into the RealCube project !
It's good to be back! :D

I'm a little concerned about the p-shaped piece. You will be using Plywood for this, right? It should be fine as long as the PSU doesn't put too much pressure on it.
In my V2.1 build, I currently haven't even put in that part, but with the PSU screws, the support beam on the right and with sitting on top of the two 70mm fans there is enough support to keep the `PSU support plate´ horizontally (you even really need some force to bend the front right corner of the PSU down, just tried it :D)

This case plus some big copper heatsinks=ultimate steampunk PC
That will probably not happen, but it already looks really cool when you have the right panel taken off and look inside with the Noctua tower cooler taking up the whole space between motherboard and PSU support plate.