Prototype [Scratch Build]Project REAL CUBE (Back online, V3.0 soon)

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
First Hardware component installed :thumb:

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I just realized something, how is the motherboard going to be mounted to the case?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Ugh, no. Go for a single large fan. I had double 80mm in the back of my old case and replacing those with a single 120 was the best decision I ever made before going SFF :D

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I think you should try and go for intake fans only that you can filter, it's easier to keep the dust out of the case that way.

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Ugh, no. Go for a single large fan. I had double 80mm in the back of my old case and replacing those with a single 120 was the best decision I ever made before going SFF :D
One large fan isn't possible because there is no space because of the PSU
Either one ore two 70mm fans...
I think you should try and go for intake fans only that you can filter, it's easier to keep the dust out of the case that way.
And I'll filter all the intake fans, those at the back are exhaust fans.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Make that a 1 million times infinity squared.

Back I/O is a nice idea, but if you go for it why waste the space on Audio? You've already got plenty of audio ports on the back. I'd say go for an additional set of USB. You can never have too much USB ports, and a lot of modern ITX boards only have 5 or so, which isn't enough for everyone.

Oh and additionally, orient the USB ports on the back the same way they are on Motherboards to make connection more consistent.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
If you have a 5.1 set connected and want to use headphones you can switch between the 2 more easily, other then that I also don't see a reason for more audio ports if it's on the back.

Also the one true number
Graham's number

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
If you have a 5.1 set connected and want to use headphones you can switch between the 2 more easily, other then that I also don't see a reason for more audio ports if it's on the back.

Also the one true number
Graham's number

You'd connect it via SPDIF by that point, I'd argue.

Pff, still smaller than infinity.

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
More pictures for you...this is starting to get picture heavy :D

Yeah I need to see that to understand it properly :D

So thats what the units will look like: the side panels have parts of the inner structure glued to them that I can screw them together > no visible screwes on the outside

Right side getting glued to the structure

And here goes the ledt side

By the way: You can't have enough of these :D

Last edited: