S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Not sure if it was mentioned in here or not, but is there a list of screws I could reference? I'm looking to replace all of the exterior ones :)

Reactions: mimoto

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hey guys.

Remember if you do a search for something and come up dry (would be surprising as I get this question alot) I'm just an email away and always happy to help!

S4M-C Screws - 6-32 thread x 3/16" long. They are countersunk philips head, about 85 degree. The two rear bezel bolts are 3/8" long. You can't replace these with metric without retapping. Maybe an M4 would work but there are plenty of standard choices.

S4M Screws - M3 thread 5mm long.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Looking at the screws McMaster has on hand, the Spanner type looks rather thrifty. :p Torx is probably more practical though.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I think you mistook this thread for S4M. S4M-C has minimum (edit: maximum) cooler of 40mm not 45 mm like S4M.

I did make a mistake here and its 1000% MY FAULT and I need to clarify.

The S4M and S4M-C have exactly the same internal thickness and exactly the same standoff height, so cooler compatibility is exactly the same.

I did, however, change the language/wording on the max cooler height. With the S4M-C I put a limit on it because coolers need an air gap to work properly, and the NH-l9i at 37mm worked flawlessly with my testing. So I capped it at 40mm.

With the S4M I changed it to 45mm, because I spent too much time answering questions about why the RAM height and cooler height maximums were different.

The TL;DR is that if a cooler combo works in the S4M-C it is going to work in the S4M and visa versa.

I'm sorry for the confusion and I am grateful to everyone here in this thread working so hard to help out people and answer their questions despite my confusing info.

Peace to you guys and gals and thanks!

-Josh

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
http://nfc-systems.com/shop-all/carc-edition-s4-mini somebody in the states needs to buy this so it doesn't haunt my dreams. o_O

Very cool looking S4M-C and the Gaems rail stand suites the theme like a cherry ontop :thumb:

*As the owner of the other 1/2 CARC mini I can tell you that the texture and quality of that CARC paint is amazing. If anyone is seriously considering getting this than I would highly recommend it. If anyone has questions or concerns I'm happy to answer as the owner of the other case.

Reactions: TheHig

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I want to go for it, both my folks were Army. But they aren't into PC's so it would be under-appreciated.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
The chassis is now sold, and I will be donating $400 to Wounded Warriors and Homes For Our Troops.

The stand was separated because it was an international buyer, so I will sell that for $100 + shipping to raise additional money for a charity, if anyone is interested.

The stand is designed as a monitor stand, but I think its actually cooler to mount a MINI to it via the SKYSLOTS. Of course, it is beefy enough to mount both if you can round up another vesa to picattiny mount...

Peace!

Gigahurts

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 20, 2018
Long time lurker on this thread, thought I'd share my recently completed build. Ryzen 1700x, MSI GTX 1070 aero itx, 16gb trident z rgb 3000mhz, Asus ROG strix x470-I, 128gb Adata m.2 boot drive and 1tb WD 7200rpm hdd.

I painted it myself with some spray paint and took my time with sanding and prep. I then did the stripe with pinstriping material and had the tofu shop sticker made at a local vinyl shop. I got very lucky with installing all the parts and didn't require any bit of cutting/modification.

Last edited: