S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Mauley

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2018
Not sure about the cost to Uk, but to india, I paid 0 rupees (0 pence) :)
It was valued as 1500 Taiwan currency i.e around 50 usd...

The UK is notoriously bad for importing things. If customs get a hold of it then it gets really expensive.

The seller sent me a picture of the Dell power brick. How can I tell if it is an original model or not?

Also he is now willing to sell the whole bundle for £220 including delivery.

EDIT: So the Dell brick is genuine and is worth £90 alone on Amazon UK. Now I just need to decide do I really want this thing. Mainly going to use it under the TV in the living room for streaming and some gaming.

Last edited:

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
The UK is notoriously bad for importing things. If customs get a hold of it then it gets really expensive.

The seller sent me a picture of the Dell power brick. How can I tell if it is an original model or not?

Also he is now willing to sell the whole bundle for £220 including delivery.

EDIT: So the Dell brick is genuine and is worth £90 alone on Amazon UK. Now I just need to decide do I really want this thing. Mainly going to use it under the TV in the living room for streaming and some gaming.

Point taken...
Your setup should ensure 1080p 60 on all AAA games...
If you use it casually, a PS4 would be a better option... In addition to the exclusives you get...

Mauley

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2018
Point taken...
Your setup should ensure 1080p 60 on all AAA games...
If you use it casually, a PS4 would be a better option... In addition to the exclusives you get...

I say casually only because I got married couple of weeks ago and she takes most of my time now :)

I am massive PC gamer and couldn't possibly go back to console now haha

Also I plan on moving to Singapore in a few months so wanted something powerful but portable to take with me.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I have to say the case + HDPlex + Dell power brick seems like a really good deal, especially if it is an original Dell brick.

m_power20

Trash Compacter
May 16, 2017
Is there any resources out there for how to install the HDPlex 400W into an NFC S4 Mini. I'm siting here scratching my head as to how to mount the DC-ATX and where

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to purchase the following;

NFC S4M-C + (GPU extension cable and power button)
HDPlex 300W PSU
Dell 1511 300W Power Brick

All of this for £235 including delivery

Does this seem like a good deal?. I have heard great things about this case and plan to put the following build into it:

I think that's a pretty good deal as long as it is in good condition. I was going to say go with the new skyreach, but if shipping is going to be high, this seems like a good alternative. I picked up a S4M-C (with a powercoat paint job already on it and power button/gpu extension) for about $240 (USD) and love it, however, it is slightly more cramped than the newer model. Good luck!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Mauley

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2018
I think that's a pretty good deal as long as it is in good condition. I was going to say go with the new skyreach, but if shipping is going to be high, this seems like a good alternative. I picked up a S4M-C (with a powercoat paint job already on it and power button/gpu extension) for about $240 (USD) and love it, however, it is slightly more cramped than the newer model. Good luck!

I decided against buying it and went for the new skyreach instead.

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
All the best mate!!!
Please let me know how much was the total cost including import fee...
I’m recommending this case to many in uk. And the info would help...

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
@Josh | NFC , I was wondering if 45° countersink bit can make those countersunk screw holes in the sky bracket? I think I'll finally make that mod - right now one of my ssd is floating towards the cpu hsf and I actually had to bend the sata connectors quite hard to avoid them hitting the blades.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC , I was wondering if 45° countersink bit can make those countersunk screw holes in the sky bracket? I think I'll finally make that mod - right now one of my ssd is floating towards the cpu hsf and I actually had to bend the sata connectors quite hard to avoid them hitting the blades.

Yeah you just can run it as deep as you need to cover the heads.

Peace

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
S4M-C #476 finally up and running.

Had some financial setbacks over the last year and then the perpetual "but new hardware is just about to come out" syndrome started up. I knew it would be a little difficult to work in because it was so small, but i didn't realize it would be THIS hard. Those darn cables seem so small, and then you go to put stuff in and things won't go in and its always those cables are in the way. Also since i waited for the R5 2600 to get released, but have the Asus B350-i motherboard, i ended up having to build the entire system like 3 times. Once thinking everything is fine, only to find out my bios is too old to boot with the cpu. Second time to install the "boot kit" cpu that AMD sent me, then finally put it back together like i had it originally.

@Josh | NFC How come the cut out behind the motherboard isn't large enough to take a CPU heatsink off and on without taking the motherboard out? I assume the new version fixes this issue. Also, the GPU retention screws. You can't get a screwdriver on them properly, the wrap around bezel gets in the way.

Still using my old PC's GTX960 because "1170 is right around the corner". Also because i still have my 1080p60hz display. So i figure until i actually have the new 1440p144hz display i don't actually need the 1070 yet.

Rest of the system specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Noctua L9a-AM4
Asus ROG Strix B350-i
G.Skill 3200 cl14 16GB (2x8)
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500GB
HDPLEX 400w DC/DC
Dell 330w AC/DC

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
S4M-C #476 finally up and running.

Had some financial setbacks over the last year and then the perpetual "but new hardware is just about to come out" syndrome started up. I knew it would be a little difficult to work in because it was so small, but i didn't realize it would be THIS hard. Those darn cables seem so small, and then you go to put stuff in and things won't go in and its always those cables are in the way. Also since i waited for the R5 2600 to get released, but have the Asus B350-i motherboard, i ended up having to build the entire system like 3 times. Once thinking everything is fine, only to find out my bios is too old to boot with the cpu. Second time to install the "boot kit" cpu that AMD sent me, then finally put it back together like i had it originally.

@Josh | NFC How come the cut out behind the motherboard isn't large enough to take a CPU heatsink off and on without taking the motherboard out? I assume the new version fixes this issue. Also, the GPU retention screws. You can't get a screwdriver on them properly, the wrap around bezel gets in the way.

Still using my old PC's GTX960 because "1170 is right around the corner". Also because i still have my 1080p60hz display. So i figure until i actually have the new 1440p144hz display i don't actually need the 1070 yet.

Rest of the system specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Noctua L9a-AM4
Asus ROG Strix B350-i
G.Skill 3200 cl14 16GB (2x8)
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500GB
HDPLEX 400w DC/DC
Dell 330w AC/DC

Nice build.

To answer your questions...

CPU sockets have migrated farther and farther north and this change happened after the first S4 MINIs rolled out. As for the GPU screws you need a long shaft Philips with a #2 head. I need to include a sticker on the box that says that because not everyone has time for all the videos, I understand.

But, this is for the S4 MINI Classic. These issues shouldn't be present in the new S4M.

Peace and enjoy your build!

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
You know I'm really surprised how quiet this chassis is. I thought having the GPU/CPU fan so close to an open side panel that noise would easily exit the case and be perceivable. But everything runs so cool that the fans never ramp up during normal loads. The only times i can get the fans to be audible is when i put a synthetic load on them like Prime95 or Unigine Heaven.

It's actually quieter than my old system, that used the same graphics card with an additional 2x 120mm case fans, because the GPU doesn't get as hot and ramp up in fan speed as high as it did in my old case.

People always say out of Speed, Size, Acoustics, you have to pick 2 cause you'll never get all 3. I feel like i finally have a system with all 3. It's super fast, one of the smallest cases on the market, and super quiet.

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
Having just finished my build with the new Skyreach and finding a used S4M-C on the forums, i got to say the Classic is just nicer! The S4M-C exudes quality and feels extremely substantial. After switching my build over to the classic I realized the quirks and improvements the skyreach has over the classic. For now I will be sticking with the S4M-C

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Having just finished my build with the new Skyreach and finding a used S4M-C on the forums, i got to say the Classic is just nicer! The S4M-C exudes quality and feels extremely substantial. After switching my build over to the classic I realized the quirks and improvements the skyreach has over the classic. For now I will be sticking with the S4M-C

Yea the thick wrap around bezel adds a lot of "quality" to the feel of the case. I know it was difficult for Josh to let this feature go. It just cost so much to produce and took up so much space.