S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
There is still more stuff that needs to be updated, and we have all been working around the clock to get the information to you guys. It's fun to speculate but I need all the time I have to actually prepare the info for you guys, so I'm begging you to ignore the accidental early release and let me do it proper. I'll have the video up by Monday and make sure all information is accurate.

What I will say, and this will be last post till then, is the overall cost to the customer has definitely gone down...in some situations it has gone down massively. What you cant see from the information there is everything...

please...I have 2 years of cool ideas and presents to share with you...it's sad to have all this ruined
By no means was I trying to wreck the party! I’m sure you have good ideas and 5 dollars won’t stop me from buying one lol. I was just pointing something out that I saw. I’m very interested to know what you have though. I get you work hard on this stuff.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
I did well this year saving money and this .... I can see myself buying everything on there ! Ok, gotta go looking for part-time jobs on indeed now ...

Reactions: ngriesdo

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
^ I would agree with this as well. It’s not ruined it’s different then before but by no means does that mean different is a bad thing! It actually looks really good.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Anyone here tried running a 7700K/8700K and 1080ti mini yet and have any idea what consumption is like? Also any speculation as to how much that would increase with overclocking?

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Anyone here tried running a 7700K/8700K and 1080ti mini yet and have any idea what consumption is like? Also any speculation as to how much that would increase with overclocking?
It's pretty high. I think someone posted a pic in gurys discord. I'll see if I can find the picture

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
@ceski posted this on the Discord:

~500W, 7700K @ 5.0 GHz, 1080Ti @ 1974 MHz

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Whoa, blast from the past. For context, that was running Prime95 and Heaven simultaneously to stress test the G-Unique PSU I had just received. I made no attempt to optimize the voltages since I wanted to generate the largest power consumption possible. @guryhwa also scolded me because that was getting close to tripping the OTP for the brick. While it was stable, people shouldn't do what I did in that picture, and normal power consumption (even overclocked) is usually lower. Okay, off my soapbox. :)
Can you say how much normal usage is? @Kmpkt would appreciate it I'm sure

Haulien

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2016
The Skyreach 4 Mini is looking really quite sleak Josh! Nice work on the design! What's the 2 circular cutouts behind the front bezel for? fans? I suppose 45mm height fans? What kind of drive clearance do we have on the 2.5" mounts? 7mm, 9.5, 15?

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
The Skyreach 4 Mini is looking really quite sleak Josh! Nice work on the design! What's the 2 circular cutouts behind the front bezel for? fans? I suppose 45mm height fans? What kind of drive clearance do we have on the 2.5" mounts? 7mm, 9.5, 15?

I believe that Josh stated he’s not going to answer any question about this case until Monday. He’ll be uploading a video to his YouTube channel on Monday to answer most of the questions we might have and then will be by the thread for follow ups. Be patient and we will learn everything in a couple days :)

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
@Josh | NFC , I'm going to order one of those new S4's. I'm just letting you know NOW bruh, that thing looks SLICK. :cool: I've got my finger primed on the SOLD OUT button. XD

What time and date is this thing going live guys? I don't want to miss it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmyk78

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I kind of like the old version better. Has the wrap around bezel, and is smaller. I can see why the changes were made though. The wrap around bezel is really expensive, and a little extra volume so you can fit a larger selection of graphics cards in it without modification. Also there is now venting on the CPU side of the case. My biggest concern is vertical stability with the new model. The one i have with the bezel isn't super solid standing on the CPU side of the case because of the rounded bend of the case side, and more stable on the GPU side because the 5mm thick bezel has a sharper edge instead of rounded off. The new model has that rounded corner on both sides. Nice to see the riser included in the price. Case + Riser was $230 before, now its only $199. Still have to buy the power button separate though it seems.