Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

Happy birthday everyone

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Now the one thing that does come to my mind is if there is enough room for an HDPlex 300W AC-DC in there at 62mm x 41mm x 133mm.

According to my not-so-precise mockupery in Photoshop, there should be 38-40mm between the motherboard and the case edge. Even if it did fit, where would the DC-DC unit go? We must work this thing out!!

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
According to my not-so-precise mockupery in Photoshop, there should be 38-40mm between the motherboard and the case edge. Even if it did fit, where would the DC-DC unit go? We must work this thing out!!
Beside the GPU

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC or anyone else who knows: will the SkyWire Cables 24pin ever be back in stock in your store? If not, do you know of another place where i can buy such a cable? Thanks!

They have been and sell out immediately.

I'm going to just spend all my money on making a ton so no one buys them anymore, like the hardwood bezels. XD

But seriously more are on the way.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Honestly had the wood bezels been out when I bought my modmini I wouldn't have even had to think between the two the wood bezels are sick. I would have probably ended up ordering one of each one just because. Lol

Reactions: Josh | NFC

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
I like the wood bezels and will pick one up if they are offered on the new mini to see how they do however I don’t like how far they stick out but that’s just me. Lol

Test Kit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2017
They have been and sell out immediately.

I'm going to just spend all my money on making a ton so no one buys them anymore, like the hardwood bezels. XD

But seriously more are on the way.

You could always offer them as a custom order/preorder option where you fullfill preorders at the end of every month.

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
So, I've been trying to catch up on the thread (no easy feat), are we all waiting for an S4 MINI V2 (3?) announcement? and on a side note. If I were to buy the 300 watt HD-PLEX, keep my Dell 330 brick, could my S4 power the GTX 1080 mini? Cos I may have had a moment of weakness and bought one.

J.

Reactions: CubanLegend

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
So, I've been trying to catch up on the thread (no easy feat), are we all waiting for an S4 MINI V2 (3?) announcement? and on a side note. If I were to buy the 300 watt HD-PLEX, keep my Dell 330 brick, could my S4 power the GTX 1080 mini? Cos I may have had a moment of weakness and bought one.

J.
There's a 400w out now or you could go the route of picking up one of gurys gunique psus here on the forums. I can vouch on his expertise you'll find his stuff in the vendor section. But I think either way you should be fine.

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017

J.

I've gotten that configuration to work but you can't overclock the GPU and you might even want to undervolt the CPU because it's cutting it close.

You'll know if you screwed up because the power will cut out on the PC, but it will recover on reboot. It's not like the Dell brick will burst into flames or anything, it just trips an over-amp thing.

Reactions: MODZERO and W1NN1NG

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
I've gotten that configuration to work but you can't overclock the GPU and you might even want to undervolt the CPU because it's cutting it close.

You'll know if you screwed up because the power will cut out on the PC, but it will recover on reboot. It's not like the Dell brick will burst into flames or anything, it just trips an over-amp thing.
hmmm, Josh showed that the 7700k and the 1080mini can be powered from the 300W HDPLEx and the Dell-330 just fine, he had his test rig barely pulling 260-270 watts with furmark and Prime95 simultaneously, i thinkg. If I remember correctly.

I've NEVER had my setup, which is that same one, have issues at all. Now if you get a 1080 (Ti) Mini, then you'll have problems. But a regular 1080 mini SHOULD be fine. :)

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Was he overclocking the 1080 though, that'll easily add 50 watts. I was doing mine overclocked and also using VR which the headset and cameras take another 10-20 watts I think, every time in Elite Dangerous I would look right at a sun so the whole VR headset lit up, the PC would turn off.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Was he overclocking the 1080 though, that'll easily add 50 watts. I was doing mine overclocked and also using VR which the headset and cameras take another 10-20 watts I think, every time in Elite Dangerous I would look right at a sun so the whole VR headset lit up, the PC would turn off.
thats odd, my 7700k is overclocked 4.5GHz and undervolted at -0.055 offset, and my 1080 mini is also overclocked +150 core and 11GBPS Memory, and undervolted (via MSi Afterburner).

@MODZERO should undervolt his CPU and GPU and should be okay. :)