S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I think the issue he's getting at Cuban is basically at that point there's no wiggle room. If he eventually wanted a ti he'd have to buy more stuff AGAIN. Instead of only having to do it once more.

MODZERO

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2016
www.instagram.com
hmmm, Josh showed that the 7700k and the 1080mini can be powered from the 300W HDPLEx and the Dell-330 just fine, he had his test rig barely pulling 260-270 watts with furmark and Prime95 simultaneously, i thinkg. If I remember correctly.

I've NEVER had my setup, which is that same one, have issues at all. Now if you get a 1080 (Ti) Mini, then you'll have problems. But a regular 1080 mini SHOULD be fine. :)

Having watched Joshs 1080ti video, the bricks just aint there yet... no way am I custom making one or paying stupid $$$. My Dell 330 is a workhorse! The GTX 1060 mini continues to serve me well. The 1070 mini would give me the bump in PUBG i'm looking for, but it's not really worth the rebuild. But a 1080... well, I'd take it all apart for a 1080.

I'm gonna go looking for Josh showing a 7700K + 1080 pulling 270 underload. If I can up my i5 6600K to an i7 whilst I'm at it then maybe that'll have to happen.

J.

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
I’m installing an hdplex 400 along with josh’s new skywires and they are super awesome. Defonantly regret not getting a pci power cable when they were available.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
@Josh | NFC I'm curious, have you tested all 3 of the available short 1070's? Zotac, MSI, and Gigabyte. I know you've done a video on the Gigabyte, but i wasn't sure if you've tried the other 2. If you have, which of the 3 runs the quietest and coolest? And how would you rate them as far as fitting in the S4 mini?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC I'm curious, have you tested all 3 of the available short 1070's? Zotac, MSI, and Gigabyte. I know you've done a video on the Gigabyte, but i wasn't sure if you've tried the other 2. If you have, which of the 3 runs the quietest and coolest? And how would you rate them as far as fitting in the S4 mini?

@Broxin has graced us with the DEFINITIVE review here. I have indeed tried them at this point, but this man has the DATA!

Please read his findings here:

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...view-of-mini-gtx-1070-cards-nfc-s4-case.2586/

P.S. -- I am putting together a S4MINI FAQ in the first post of this thread, and I try to put good info like the above review in it. If a particular post jumps out to you for being helpful, PM me so I can add it.

I need to get around to adding some other excellent and recent contributions...but I'm working on something this weekend...

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
@Broxin has graced us with the DEFINITIVE review here. I have indeed tried them at this point, but this man has the DATA!

Please read his findings here:

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...view-of-mini-gtx-1070-cards-nfc-s4-case.2586/

P.S. -- I am putting together a S4MINI FAQ in the first post of this thread, and I try to put good info like the above review in it. If a particular post jumps out to you for being helpful, PM me so I can add it.

I need to get around to adding some other excellent and recent contributions...but I'm working on something this weekend...
Give us a teaser cause I know you got one ;p

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Having watched Joshs 1080ti video, the bricks just aint there yet... no way am I custom making one or paying stupid $$$. My Dell 330 is a workhorse! The GTX 1060 mini continues to serve me well. The 1070 mini would give me the bump in PUBG i'm looking for, but it's not really worth the rebuild. But a 1080... well, I'd take it all apart for a 1080.

I'm gonna go looking for Josh showing a 7700K + 1080 pulling 270 underload. If I can up my i5 6600K to an i7 whilst I'm at it then maybe that'll have to happen.

J.
Okay here it is at 2min 33 seconds:
Josh said the 7700k and 1080mini MAXED OUT at 267, but averaged 235-245 in benchmarks from the wall.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
K guys discuss time!! What do you think of the new S4?
S4 MINI Revision 4
Exterior 349mm x 227mm x 64mm
Interior 341mm x 215mm x 57mm
Bigger but lighter
Mounting points (optional?) for front panel usb, front fans and bigger button?
Wrap around bezel gone? The side panel now bends and wrap to the top (and bottom? Can't see..

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
K guys discuss time!! What do you think of the new S4?
S4 MINI Revision 4
Exterior 349mm x 227mm x 64mm
Interior 341mm x 215mm x 57mm
Bigger but lighter
Mounting points (optional?) for front panel usb, front fans and bigger button?
Wrap around bezel gone? The side panel now bends and wrap to the top (and bottom? Can't see..

wait...how do you know this?

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
I don’t know I like the design but I really liked the wrap around bezel and it keeps ticking up in pricing which is kinda disappointing to be honest. I know it’s only five dollars but still.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I like the skyreach has that badass industrial vibe. But the wrap around is also signature looking which makes skyreach stroll dangerously into 'just another box' territory. Loved that it's slightly bigger though.

Ooh there's now 2 cutouts on the back for power inlet.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I don’t know I like the design but I really liked the wrap around bezel and it keeps ticking up in pricing which is kinda disappointing to be honest. I know it’s only five dollars but still.

There is still more stuff that needs to be updated, and we have all been working around the clock to get the information to you guys. It's fun to speculate but I need all the time I have to actually prepare the info for you guys, so I'm begging you to ignore the accidental early release and let me do it proper. I'll have the video up by Monday and make sure all information is accurate.

What I will say, and this will be last post till then, is the overall cost to the customer has definitely gone down...in some situations it has gone down massively. What you cant see from the information there is everything...

please...I have 2 years of cool ideas and presents to share with you...it's sad to have all this ruined