S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
The gury PSU 6 pin connector mounts on the outside of the case, you attach it via screws through the PSU holes Josh already has in the case.

But then how do you get the 6 pin through the power inlet hole? For instance my gunique has a 6 pin power connector that would have to connect to this. To do that I would have to use the 6 pin wires and thread them through the inlet hole to connect to this as I stated earlier or am i missing something? Did he add a connectable piece to the 24 pin to power it because mine is a solid connection from the six pin to the 24 pin that cannot be removed.

Reglar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 16, 2017
But then how do you get the 6 pin through the power inlet hole? For instance my gunique has a 6 pin power connector that would have to connect to this. To do that I would have to use the 6 pin wires and thread them through the inlet hole to connect to this as I stated earlier or am i missing something? Did he add a connectable piece to the 24 pin to power it because mine is a solid connection from the six pin to the 24 pin that cannot be removed.

Sorry, that's my fault, I assumed what I had was what everyone received. My version had a set of connectors between the 6 pin to the brick and the 24 pin. Pic below. You can see the connectors from the 6pin at the top left of the pic, and the matching set to the 24 pin hanging over the 1080 TI.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Sorry, that's my fault, I assumed what I had was what everyone received. My version had a set of connectors between the 6 pin to the brick and the 24 pin. Pic below. You can see the connectors from the 6pin at the top left of the pic, and the matching set to the 24 pin hanging over the 1080 TI.

Yep mine does not have that. Just a standard make 6 pin male connector to the 24pin. Cannot separate it. I was an early adopter of the gunique so newer purchases may have this. Thank you for the updated picture.

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
Can't answer all your questions, but I know that the Zotac 1080 won't fit without the 3D bezel replacement. It's too long to fit into the case with the wrap around unless you shave off the end of the fan shroud.

The modification need not be done to the case. It's done to the hdplexs power adapter. For card in which it won't fit with at least. If you're worried about that order a gunique.

I think you mean the new 400w hdplex version? Anywho I believe they do. For the gigabyte 1070 you don't modify the case at all. You actually modify the power connector that hooks up to the hdplex. It is just removing a portion of the board that doesn't do much. There are no modification to the S4 to hook up the hdplex.

You can fit the 1080 without the after market bezel I have done it. But you do need to replace the fan shroud as you cant use the one that comes with it

Thank you.
Is there any GPU that will fit without any modifications at all (not the GPU, case nor the HDPLEX)? Do I have to step down to a 1060 then?

I did check the builds section in this forum but most builds have done some sort of modification, either cutting in the HDPLEX connector, replacing GPU fan or cutting in the case :/

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Thank you.
Is there any GPU that will fit without any modifications at all (not the GPU, case nor the HDPLEX)? Do I have to step down to a 1060 then?

I did check the builds section in this forum but most builds have done some sort of modification, either cutting in the HDPLEX connector, replacing GPU fan or cutting in the case :/
Yes the 1080 fits if you buy the 3d bezel from Josh. It isn't a mod just a replacement front to give the extra clearance. Also the Galax 1070 fits with no modification. The msi gtx 1070 aero itx might also fit without modification but I am not sure on this. I also believe the sff 1060 fits with no issues as well. Can't speak to them though as I haven't used them.

If you already have the gigabyte 1070 just do the power connector mod it is extremely easy. The only time.i have seen cases cut was for the old gunique power supplies I guess this has been fix and no longer requires it.

Saltvann

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2016
My S4 mini has not seen much use lately as I have been moving hardware around to some other builds. Earlier I have been using the Thermolab LP53 and the Noctua NH-L9i. Both the Thermolab and the Noctua have been re-purposed for different builds. I was thinking about what cpu cooler to get this time. Low noise is most important, and should be easily doable with the low power build that I will probably fit: G4560 and GTX 1050ti. I might also fit a more powerful cpu but I have not yet decided.

Any other cpu coolers I should consider? I am leaning towards another noctua nh-l9i.

chocolatepacman

Case Bender
Apr 11, 2017
Sorry if it's been addressed. I skimmed to find the info and may not be too savvy enough to have recognized the solution when I saw it. Has anyone found a plug that will connect the HDPlex 400 to the eurocom 780 without any mods? I may be soldering illiterate.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Wow josh just saw the updated picture on the powder coating s4 mini at the NFC website. Is it getting hot in here or is it just those cases

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Siba

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2017
My S4 mini has not seen much use lately as I have been moving hardware around to some other builds. Earlier I have been using the Thermolab LP53 and the Noctua NH-L9i. Both the Thermolab and the Noctua have been re-purposed for different builds. I was thinking about what cpu cooler to get this time. Low noise is most important, and should be easily doable with the low power build that I will probably fit: G4560 and GTX 1050ti. I might also fit a more powerful cpu but I have not yet decided.

Any other cpu coolers I should consider? I am leaning towards another noctua nh-l9i.

If you want to be a guinea pig, can I throw the Titan TTC-NC25/HS out there? I've been curious about it myself

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
I'm sorry but I dont get all the hype over the black powder coat...? Looks just like the regular black S4 Mini's from R2?

In fact I dont like it since it makes the side panels lose their "black anodized aluminum" look. :[

I'm crazy, I know... but that Gigabyte 1080 thoooo. DANGGGG, a stock 1080 within the space of the original S4 Mini wrap-around? ZOTAC finally has some 1080 mini competition, :D

ryzen

Trash Compacter
Jun 7, 2017
I'm sorry but I dont get all the hype over the black powder coat...? Looks just like the regular black S4 Mini's from R2?

In fact I dont like it since it makes the side panels lose their "black anodized aluminum" look. :[

I'm crazy, I know... but that Gigabyte 1080 thoooo. DANGGGG, a stock 1080 within the space of the original S4 Mini wrap-around? ZOTAC finally has some 1080 mini competition, :D

I would had preferred the black anodize aluminum, but Josh only offered the powdercoat

Reactions: CubanLegend