S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
I fit a gtx 1080 in mine with zero mods to the case. You should look in the builds logs section as everyone has a different route. If you get the front bezel you can fit any card really as long as it is a small form factor.

Sorry, should've been more clear. The 1080 and 1070 are both "oversized", how did you manage to fit the power connector from the HDPLEX at the back of the case? I looked at builds but all I see is people drilling in either the power connector or sawing the case for mounting the connector somewhere different than default location.. :/

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Sorry, should've been more clear. The 1080 and 1070 are both "oversized", how did you manage to fit the power connector from the HDPLEX at the back of the case? I looked at builds but all I see is people drilling in either the power connector or sawing the case for mounting the connector somewhere different than default location.. :/
The modification for the power connector can literally be done with a pair of wire cutters I'm pretty sure.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
The zotac 1080 requires no modification to the power connector. The gigabyte 1070 does I believe which there is a video of Josh on YouTube doing it. Can be done with some clippers or Dremel. If I remember correctly you do not need to modify it if your using the zotac or Galax ssf 1070 gpu. This is of course if you use the hdplex.

If you go with gury psu solution it has a 6 pin power connector which you will have to make some case adjustments for, or at least thread the 6 power wires through the power outlet port.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

PatrickSekai7

Efficiency Noob
Aug 18, 2017
When's the next pre-order ?

I think there are many guys like me getting tired of the endless waiting,even though S4 is not cheap.
While a lot of tech reviews brag about this product(yeah,I admit it's really cool), it is impossible for you to buy this product over the past months.
Is that a kind of hunger marketing?

Last edited by a moderator:

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017

I think there are many guys like me getting tired of the endless waiting,even though S4 is not cheap.
While a lot of tech reviews brag about this product(yeah,I admit it's really cool), it is impossible for you to buy this product over the past months.

It's a one guy operation. He makes them in batches and just had a pre-order about two months ago. I'd suspect probably another in the fall once September orders are completed, I wouldn't call it endless waiting persay.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ThatRacingGuy

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2017

I ordered mine not long after the Linus video (when demand was high) and received it in the U.K. a week or two ago

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017

It is not only expensive because of the materials but also it is a one man operation and cost of product is much more than let's say fractal doing thousands of cases. There is a definite wait but people do put theirs up for sale from time to time. Contact Josh on the NFC site and he will let you know. He did say his September run was the last run of the year.

Also please note Josh has a job he has to do that this case manufacturing is not his fill time job. Also has family and other obligations I am sure. I will tell you the case is well worth the wait as I have two of them now. If you are not happy with the wait i am sure there are other sff productions going on right now that will be very happy to accept your business.

Just so you know I heard about this case in jan 17 and didn't order it until April which i received in early August. I was not upset to wait for one second due to the quality of the product. Many people use cheaper cases in the meantime until the S4 becomes available which I may suggest

Last edited:

Dezz

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2017
Does the R3 S4 Mini still have the power connector port pre-drilled for the Pico PSU adapter or has it been updated to fit the HDPlex adapter?

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
The modification for the power connector can literally be done with a pair of wire cutters I'm pretty sure.

I know. But when paying (relatively) a lot for a case, I don't want to begin by cutting it open.

The zotac 1080 requires no modification to the power connector. The gigabyte 1070 does I believe which there is a video of Josh on YouTube doing it. Can be done with some clippers or Dremel. If I remember correctly you do not need to modify it if your using the zotac or Galax ssf 1070 gpu. This is of course if you use the hdplex.

If you go with gury psu solution it has a 6 pin power connector which you will have to make some case adjustments for, or at least thread the 6 power wires through the power outlet port.

Amazing. So basically Zotac both 1080 and 1070 fits without ANY modification to either case, GPU or power connector? And for Galax, the 1070 will also fit without any modifications? HDPLEX is what I would use then. The new 300W version. Thanks!

Dezz

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2017
I know. But when paying (relatively) a lot for a case, I don't want to begin by cutting it open.

Amazing. So basically Zotac both 1080 and 1070 fits without ANY modification to either case, GPU or power connector? And for Galax, the 1070 will also fit without any modifications? HDPLEX is what I would use then. The new 300W version. Thanks!

Can't answer all your questions, but I know that the Zotac 1080 won't fit without the 3D bezel replacement. It's too long to fit into the case with the wrap around unless you shave off the end of the fan shroud.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

The modification need not be done to the case. It's done to the hdplexs power adapter. For card in which it won't fit with at least. If you're worried about that order a gunique.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017

I think you mean the new 400w hdplex version? Anywho I believe they do. For the gigabyte 1070 you don't modify the case at all. You actually modify the power connector that hooks up to the hdplex. It is just removing a portion of the board that doesn't do much. There are no modification to the S4 to hook up the hdplex.

Reactions: Biowarejak

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Can't answer all your questions, but I know that the Zotac 1080 won't fit without the 3D bezel replacement. It's too long to fit into the case with the wrap around unless you shave off the end of the fan shroud.
You can fit the 1080 without the after market bezel I have done it. But you do need to replace the fan shroud as you cant use the one that comes with it

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
lHe did say his September run was the last run of the year.

Oh no....
Man I don't know if I can wait that long..
Missed the sky skin sale the other day too.. there's only one guy selling his for a premium currently in the trade section..

Anyone here on sept preorder? What month did you order and have you received your s4 mini?

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Just want to drop this off here

S4 mini redone
Tried the S4 skins Josh has and I will say if you are not accustomed to putting screen protectors on or skins on your phone you may have some difficulty. I had no difficulty at all doing the front bezel but it did need a little stretching to fit perfectly. The single panel was easy as well. However the wrap around panel was rough for me. I have a couple areas I need to work out but you can only tell if you looked really hard.

I am not sure about the most optimal way to install these maybe Josh can chime in. I know if you pull on them to much it will stretch out and cause issues. I used some soapy water spray to help with minor movements.

All in all i like them. I wanted to practice on one before doing the one royalba designed. Btw he did the cables for this as well.

Awesome portable set up! I've eyed those Ajazz keyboards on ebay. Pretty nice looking at a good price. What do you think of the key switches? I think they come in blue (roughly Cherrymx blue copy) and black (cherrymx brown copy?). Also what is that monitor?

Reactions: SFINGEMORTA

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Oh no....
Man I don't know if I can wait that long..
Missed the sky skin sale the other day too.. there's only one guy selling his for a premium currently in the trade section..

Anyone here on sept preorder? What month did you order and have you received your s4 mini?
Josh released the September preorders when Linus dropped the YouTube video. I am thinking may or june. It was open for about two months before it sold out and Josh has already started shipping them. People have received theirs already from the September preorder because he bundled the order will the July orders so people got them early.

Awesome portable set up! I've eyed those Ajazz keyboards on ebay. Pretty nice looking at a good price. What do you think of the key switches? I think they come in blue (roughly Cherrymx blue copy) and black (cherrymx brown copy?). Also what is that monitor?
I have the black switches which are comparable to mx reds not the browns but heavier. You definitely can tell it is a $40 board. The switch overall quality does not compare to my $150 rgb blue switch mistel. However I will say I really like the 82 switch layout and the price it is fine. There is definitely flex in the board and the switches are not as stable as my nicer board. I use it for gaming so I assume I was going to beat it up and travel with it so I don't care what I put it through. I also got the black switches to keep it quiet. The key caps are also cheaper quality but it does have a metal backplate. The lighting is great though. Basically if your looking for something cheap, compact, with almost all the keys as a %60 board but smaller and don't mind some sacrifice it is a good buy. I would recommend it. I got mine off Amazon during a sale.

The monitor is the gaems m155. It is a 720p monitor but has upscale and does 60hz. It also has built in speakers. It doesn't not compared to the 1080p ips portable ones but I don't have any gaming issues which I have heard on the Asus ips. The only other real alternative for portability is the gechic monitors but they are elike 300+ which I can't stomach. I got the gaems for a good deal. Every now and then I get 20-30% coupons from gaems.

Last edited:

Haulien

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2016
has anyone tried to drop a pair of G.Skill Trident Z 3400 sticks in their S4 Mini, does it fit?

I've got the Trident Z RGB C14 3200's in mine and there's still plenty of height spare. Assuming the heat spreaders on the 3200 and 3400 are the same they'll fit!

Reglar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 16, 2017

The gury PSU 6 pin connector mounts on the outside of the case, you attach it via screws through the PSU holes Josh already has in the case.