www.nfc-systems.com
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Here is a picture of it next to the Eurocom:

SkudShark

Average Stuffer
Apr 2, 2017
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Here is a picture of it next to the Eurocom:

How do you like the Eurocom? Went ahead and bit the bullet on one so I guess I'm stuck with it either way ha. Will be getting it mailed out to you next week for the connector end swap :)

Speaking of, can you post pics of the connector your using for the input to the mini and the other end of Eurocom's DC cable?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
How do you like the Eurocom? Went ahead and bit the bullet on one so I guess I'm stuck with it either way ha. Will be getting it mailed out to you next week for the connector end swap :)

Speaking of, can you post pics of the connector your using for the input to the mini and the other end of Eurocom's DC cable?

It was not easy...I modded the connector and replaced it. But the wires are very thick.

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
I tried using the search function to find what I needed, guess I fail. Anyone know what the best cable length is for 2 sata cables for SSDs on the rack with the z270i motherboard? Forgot to pick up a couple of shorties lol.

Reactions: Biowarejak

ryzen

Trash Compacter
Jun 7, 2017
I tried using the search function to find what I needed, guess I fail. Anyone know what the best cable length is for 2 sata cables for SSDs on the rack with the z270i motherboard? Forgot to pick up a couple of shorties lol.

I think for the z270i mobo it's like
10in for cpu power
3in for mobo power
and 13in for gpu
so estimated 10-12in for sata SSD
feel free to correct me cause I'm probably wrong haha

Reactions: Al Hoff

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com

Sata Data cables I'm guessing?

I think for the z270i mobo it's like
10in for cpu power
3in for mobo power
and 13in for gpu
so estimated 10-12in for sata SSD
feel free to correct me cause I'm probably wrong haha

Not too far off; the sets that I've been making for the Z270I mobo are as follows:
  • Mobo 24pin - 2.5in (visible wire) [63.5mm]
  • CPU 8pin - 6.25in (visible wire) [158.75mm]
  • GPU 8pin - 9.5in (visible wire) [241.3mm]
  • Sata Power cable - 8in to the first connector and then 4.5in to the second (visible wire) [203.2mm - 114.3mm]
  • Sata Data cables (estimate based on 3D model) - Sata #2 port to right SSD (with the mobo facing you) - 5.5in (between connectors) [139.7mm]
  • Sata Data cables (estimate based on 3D model) - Sata #1 port to left SSD (with the mobo facing you) - 8.75in (between connectors) [222.25mm]
I also have measurements for a couple other Mobos but that's the most popular so I won't bother posting the others atm. The Sata Data cables are currently just good estimates right now just because I haven't had anyone order and install some into an actual build yet.

Cheers :)

You're welcome Mod-One...

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
So, in a vertical orientation, do people tend to prefer the button to be at the bottom or the top? :)

I like having it with the button at the top, it seems to be more stable that way. I think it looks better with the button on top. Also this orientation puts the power cord at the bottom/rear instead of the top/rear which i prefer.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I like having it with the button at the top, it seems to be more stable that way. I think it looks better with the button on top. Also this orientation puts the power cord at the bottom/rear instead of the top/rear which i prefer.
Fair points :) was thinking I'd set it up that way tbh, as I too prefer the cable at the bottom.

Reactions: Al Hoff

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
Any of you guys have problems with the HDPLEX 400w, Dell 330w brick and the Asus z270i not wanting to power on when the power has been cut either at the outlet or otherwise? I've narrowed to issue down to being XMP related i think, but tweaking the SA voltage has not helped so far.

I can always get the system to boot flawlessly by holding the power button on the S4 and restarting the system, and the system in itself is also rock solid. Just wondering if it has anything to do with the power solution i am using?

Last edited:

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Any of you guys have problems with the HDPLEX 400w, Dell 330w brick and the Asus z270i not wanting to power on when the power has been cut either at the outlet or otherwise? I've narrowed to issue down to being XMP related i think, but tweaking the SA voltage has not helped so far.

I can always get the system to boot flawlessly by holding the power button on the S4 and restarting the system, and the system in itself is also rock solid. Just wondering if it has anything to do with the power solution i am using?
make sure you update the BIOS on the z270i. It has had issues with cold boots if your CPU or RAM are overclocked and have a voltage bump. My RAM is stuck on its 4000 MHz XMP and my 7700k is overclocked to 4.5GHz and undervolted to 1.8v and its cold booting just fine. When ever i go above 4.7 on my CPU i start to have cold boot issues.... its a well documented issue with our board, sadly. :(

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Woohoo, mine just arrived, #486. I'm now a card carrying member of the S4 club haha.

Got mine yesterday as well! #493. Looking to take this silver casing in for some powder-coating. Would anyone that has had it done before suggest going locally near myself or looking online and shipping it to a painter?

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
make sure you update the BIOS on the z270i. It has had issues with cold boots if your CPU or RAM are overclocked and have a voltage bump. My RAM is stuck on its 4000 MHz XMP and my 7700k is overclocked to 4.5GHz and undervolted to 1.8v and its cold booting just fine. When ever i go above 4.7 on my CPU i start to have cold boot issues.... its a well documented issue with our board, sadly. :(

I am running the very latest BIOS unforunately

Reactions: CubanLegend

lac29

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2017
Got mine yesterday as well! #493. Looking to take this silver casing in for some powder-coating. Would anyone that has had it done before suggest going locally near myself or looking online and shipping it to a painter?

Locally should work out fine. I don't think it's really worth shipping it out to someone to do because of the extra cost. Any local powder coating company should be able to do the work. It's more about color selection and making sure they do a quality job by looking at some of the photos from their website or dropping by in person and seeing their work with recent clients.