S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hey everyone!

In case anybody was interested I updated my S4 Mini Wrap Mockup templates to include one with both sides shown at the same time :)

Here are a few screenshots of designs I've made:

And a couple versions more that I designed for @DocH:

Hope you all enjoy!
Those are great! Unfortunately haven't had much time to do the Blender work-flow for this lately

Reactions: royalba94

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Y'all were right, I did have the power thing in backwards. Turned around the other way, you have to screw the GPU in first and then it juuust barely fits, touching right up against the GPU bracket screws. It is very hard to screw the power plug screws in since you have to do it from the inside with the GPU already installed. Something like a screwdriver with a 90-degree ratchet and magnetized tip would make it much easier. I did it with an electronics screwdriver and it was very difficult:

Also, I held the bezel up to the case and it would fit with plenty of room due to the circular cutout that Guryhwa did:

Well, if it put out the original 19.5v it would simply be a normal Dell brick. Though he does replace components in the brick with more efficient ones, which means it can output more wattage before hitting thermal limits. Maybe he would be willing to do a 19.5 but you'd have to ask him.

Try separating the inner shells next time. Theres screws keeping it together. I had to do that with mine when installing my 3d bezel and my 1070 mini. It should make things easier that way.

Reactions: Biowarejak

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
Any one managed to drive a 1080 Ti mini via any DC-ATX unit?

I have been worried about whether it is possible to drive 2*8pin by a splitter. Because in the case of 295x2, it is suggested that the 2 8pin must come from two separated PCIE power wire.

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com

I have been worried about whether it is possible to drive 2*8pin by a splitter. Because in the case of 295x2, it is suggested that the 2 8pin must come from two separated PCIE power wire.

If I recall correctly, I think someone did get a 1080ti mini setup running with one of @guryhwa's solutions earlier in this thread. I could have seen that somewhere else tho

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017

Guryhwa's power supply has two 8-pin GPU PCI cables and drives my full-size 1080ti FE at 120% power target and 120 mhz core + 200 mhz ram overclock for hours on end. If it can do that it can do the mini.

Edit: Just used it to beat Rez Infinite Area X on Oculus Rift with no frame rate limit tonight, that gave it a workout!

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Hey everyone!

In case anybody was interested I updated my S4 Mini Wrap Mockup templates to include one with both sides shown at the same time :)

Here are a few screenshots of designs I've made:

And a couple versions more that I designed for @DocH:

Hope you all enjoy!
Not going to lie that PCMR is pretty sweet too. Your artistic creativity amazes me

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
Guryhwa's power supply has two 8-pin GPU PCI cables and drives my full-size 1080ti FE at 120% power target and 120 mhz core + 200 mhz ram overclock for hours on end. If it can do that it can do the mini.

Edit: Just used it to beat Rez Infinite Area X on Oculus Rift with no frame rate limit tonight, that gave it a workout!

Guryhwa 500w or 400w? With a modified brick?

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
I use Gurry's ultimate brick to power the GTX 1080ti mini. Even with it OCed to about 2070MHz (haven't gone higher without too much more tweaking) the brick is doing just fine.

I'm using the Meanwell supply, but the one thing I don't like about the Meanwell is that while it is efficient and silent, it pulls 9 watts even when the PC is asleep (you can wire an off switch to the Meanwell to completely power it off, but then, no sleeping the PC). That drain is significant even though the power supply is very efficient beyond that. I'm going to pick up a Guryhwa ultimate brick to compare; I'd imagine it has under 1-2 watt sleep state like most PC-specific PSUs have.

Reactions: AleksandarK

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
I'm using the Meanwell supply, but the one thing I don't like about the Meanwell is that while it is efficient and silent, it pulls 9 watts even when the PC is asleep (you can wire an off switch to the Meanwell to completely power it off, but then, no sleeping the PC). That drain is significant even though the power supply is very efficient beyond that. I'm going to pick up a Guryhwa ultimate brick to compare; I'd imagine it has under 1-2 watt sleep state like most PC-specific PSUs have.

While my pc is off the brick is pulling like 5-6 watts from the wall and when it is sleeping about 7.7-7.8 Doesn't help that the motherboard is lit up like a Christmas tree either when off lol. I think this has less to do with your powersupply and maybe more to do with windows and what it wants your hardware to do in sleep.