S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Is there any interest for me to get more of these machined feet made? I would need to sell them for $25 a set (including the hardware):

Last edited:

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
Has anyone with a R3 order heard anything about potential shipping dates? If i recall correctly, they should ship right around now, no?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
so the LTT S4 Mini video finally hit 1 Million views yay! So how's business, Josh? I sure hope you and those helping you package and ship those S4 Mini's have plenty of work for the foreseeable future, you deserve it! :D

Thanks, Cuban! That's pretty cool, actually. I'm actually not exactly sure on how much business it generated--my customers usually tell me where they saw my stuff and it usually my Youtube channel, Reddit, SFF.net (yay) or coverage of one of the shows the MINI is at. I've had some inquiries about the case after the LTT video, but they usually end with swear words when they find out about the cost! XD

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy with the LTT video just for having more content around it.

I would prefer some rubber feets. Those spikes would sure scratch the furniture

I'm sure you could scratch some furniture with these, but they aren't sharp. I think for most users desk surfaces it will be fine--I wouldn't put it on top of a piano. I just wanted to make some because I thought they looked classy. XD

Has anyone with a R3 order heard anything about potential shipping dates? If i recall correctly, they should ship right around now, no?

Yes, they should ship about right now! Really any day. With freight I don't get an exact delivery day like you would with UPS. Think of it like your furniture movers. They basically show up when they want to and are impossible to get an answer out of on the phone.

Thank you for your patience.

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
. I've had some inquiries about the case after the LTT video, but they usually end with swear words when they find out about the cost! XD

I know you're going for the more boutique market, but have you ever considered selling a "naked" or plain version of the case that's only the raw chassis without any additional treatment? Not sure how much cheaper it would make it, but might be an option for the more price conscious users :p.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Thanks, Cuban! That's pretty cool, actually. I'm actually not exactly sure on how much business it generated--my customers usually tell me where they saw my stuff and it usually my Youtube channel, Reddit, SFF.net (yay) or coverage of one of the shows the MINI is at. I've had some inquiries about the case after the LTT video, but they usually end with swear words when they find out about the cost! XD

Don't get me wrong, I was very happy with the LTT video just for having more content around it.
Well your NFC S4 Mini is, THE BEST and smallest case when it comes to how many fps/performance-per-liter it can pack, according to LTT... as it smashed the rest of their 8-case "SFF" case roundup video, your NFC S4 Mini rightly deserved it's own video review from Linus. :) And any one who scoffs at your asking price, doesn't deserve the S4 Mini, because in my opinion, it's worth every penny based on it's hardware specs and merits of portability, and secondly because it's helping to fund the life of one of the coolest, most down-to-earth, and innovative SFF design entrepreneurs in the scene and his family.

And personally, I love my S4 Mini a TON, every single day, I use it and take it to work and back home all the time, seamlessly! Regarding practicality, I have taken my S4 Mini EVERYWHERE for fun couch-multiplayer sessions, 4K movie and TV viewing sessions with friends at their homes on nearly a weekly basis, and they have loved it! Every time a new friend sees it, they're amazed that an entire PC fits inside there. And the combo of the Wifi antennas, wireless "wavebird" Gamecube controllers, and my wireless Logitech Keyboard/track-pad I use and deploy with it, really help with the atmosphere of portability that the S4 Mini portrays. Literally the only cables going to it are Power from the Dell-330W brick, the HDMI out to the TV, and the USB out to the gamecube controller adapter/receivers. The few friends i have that are PC-conscious are blown AWAY by the fact I have such crazy hardware like a 7700k/1080/dual M.2 & dual 2.5in SSDs in there, all running off a 330W power brick from Dell, but they aren't into it enough to buy one for themselves, they aren't SFF boutique-case buyers like me.

Here's a pic of it next to a huge soundbar at a friend's house. :)

I seriously can't thank you enough for this case Josh... it's fulfilled every dream I wanted of a 3-in-1 portable PC: a couch-multiplayer emulation station, high-end single-player gaming PC, and 4K movie watching HTPC. Both looking and running cool, quiet, with peak performing hardware, all while "wrapped in luxury" as you so eloquently put it in your 1080 mini video. :) And someday, you better believe I'll be coming back to email you to put in another order for my 2nd S4 mini, there's no way I'd let any future wife of mine, rock a standard Full-ATX PC. Every new PC in my household will hopefully be inside an NFC S4 Mini, as long as I have anything to say about it. :) And any future kids that may come along, will grow up appreciating one of the best SFF cases money can buy.

Edit: I ESPECIALLY love my S4 because of the hand-crafted, custom, 5mm frosted acrylic bezel you made for it with the thin GPU vent cover (with the laser-cut brushed-metal looking dinoc sticker) and the matching laser-cut "NFC logo" (also as a brushed-metal looking dinoc sticker) on the front bezel. I know your new 2D and 3D bezels are all 7mm, so I like that mine is unique. So @Josh | NFC , just how many NFC S4 Mini's were shipped with that "early/beta" 5mm acrylic bezel I have, if I may ask? Mine is #193 for reference. Just trying to figure out how unique my chassis really is. :D

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC , will there eventually be wrap-around 3d bezels, in acrylic or any other material? With the same support for the longer 8.3" GPUs?

This will never happen. :(

The 5mm wrap around bezel is something most manufacturers wouldn't touch (with the tool-less and clean finish) because of how hard it is to get the material to make those tight bends without fatiguing. With thicker material, I don't want to say it is impossible, but it is practically impossible.

While it might be possible to get a little more room in the stock bezel by milling it out, you would need to leave at least 1.5mm of material, so it wouldn't be enough for the popular cards anyway.

Sorry.

Bezels are up in the store. First come first served.

Reactions: Biowarejak