Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Sneak preview:

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
When they do something wacky like this, they always "screw up" one aspect that totally tanks the result, so they don't have to write a tutorial I guess.

Raybird

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2017
Hi guys! Managed to snag a pre order for a s4 mini! First time going for a reallly super custom build! I just have a query I have been reading lots about builds regarding this case! However I am a little worried would the HD Plex 400 be fine running a i5 6500 and a GTX1070, would my systems life expectancy be lowered or effected by trying to cram all this together is it safe to leave my pc on over night? This may sound silly but I'd like to learn from the pros ;)

Ps any video tutorials on shortening PSU canled and sleeving them? Or any premadr custom packs you'd recommend for the s4 mini?

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
Hi guys! Managed to snag a pre order for a s4 mini! First time going for a reallly super custom build! I just have a query I have been reading lots about builds regarding this case! However I am a little worried would the HD Plex 400 be fine running a i5 6500 and a GTX1070, would my systems life expectancy be lowered or effected by trying to cram all this together is it safe to leave my pc on over night? This may sound silly but I'd like to learn from the pros ;)

Ps any video tutorials on shortening PSU [cables] and sleeving them? Or any [premade] custom packs you'd recommend for the s4 mini?
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the HDPlex 400w, people have been running a 6700Ks and gtx 1080s on the 300w version IIRC. I can't imagine you having any problems leaving it to run overnight either as long as you have sufficient cooling (which I assume you have). Hopefully someone else chimes in as well in case (no pun intended) I'm wrong but I believe you're all good :)

As for the custom cables; there are a number of online video tutorials about it, most notable among these are the ones by Lutro0 Customs (link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7p3y4df3uwYYZI7bcdJAA) and ones by Singularity Computers (link to channel/playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWYPRHLWSBL4kY95IIpB_U_9AoFoLzJ5U)

If you're looking for ones you can buy already made for you then I'd be able to help you out if you're interested. I have my services listed in the vendor marketplace here so if that's something you'd like to do or you have more questions about it feel free to contact me here via PM or via my website/email.

Congrats on the S4 Mini order and welcome to the forum! :)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
HDPlex 400W will handle your system just fine. I think the bigger concern would be brick choice. You can likely get away with the Dell 330 W or HDPlex 300W AC-DC quite nicely. Voodoo 350W would also be a good choice if you can find one. At stock clocks you can expect the 1070 to pull about 150W with periodic spikes to 200W and the CPU to pull somewhere in the neighbourhood of 75W at peak. Given that the rest of the system won't pull more than about 25W, that should have you comfortably within budget. To give you some data to play with, I've used the 300W HDPlex AC/DC with a 7700K running Prime95 Blender and the Zotac 1080 running Furmark and it is at the upper limit of stability pulling just over 400W when peaking and right around 300W static.

Raybird

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the HDPlex 400w, people have been running a 6700Ks and gtx 1080s on the 300w version IIRC. I can't imagine you having any problems leaving it to run overnight either as long as you have sufficient cooling (which I assume you have). Hopefully someone else chimes in as well in case (no pun intended) I'm wrong but I believe you're all good :)

As for the custom cables; there are a number of online video tutorials about it, most notable among these are the ones by Lutro0 Customs (link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7p3y4df3uwYYZI7bcdJAA) and ones by Singularity Computers (link to channel/playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWYPRHLWSBL4kY95IIpB_U_9AoFoLzJ5U)

If you're looking for ones you can buy already made for you then I'd be able to help you out if you're interested. I have my services listed in the vendor marketplace here so if that's something you'd like to do or you have more questions about it feel free to contact me here via PM or via my website/email.

Congrats on the S4 Mini order and welcome to the forum! :)

Fantastic thanks for the info and the links! I'll certainly consider throwing you a message closer to the time of assembly! Thank you for the warm welcomes as well.

HDPlex 400W will handle your system just fine. I think the bigger concern would be brick choice. You can likely get away with the Dell 330 W or HDPlex 300W AC-DC quite nicely. Voodoo 350W would also be a good choice if you can find one. At stock clocks you can expect the 1070 to pull about 150W with periodic spikes to 200W and the CPU to pull somewhere in the neighbourhood of 75W at peak. Given that the rest of the system won't pull more than about 25W, that should have you comfortably within budget. To give you some data to play with, I've used the 300W HDPlex AC/DC with a 7700K running Prime95 Blender and the Zotac 1080 running Furmark and it is at the upper limit of stability pulling just over 400W when peaking and right around 300W static.

Very informative thank you! certainly puts my mind at rest! I'll have to search around for some power bricks I do like the sound of the voodoo I did have a look however like you said that is if I managed to find one haha.

Same here
I7 6700k +1070 +hdplex 300W +hp330w brick
Powerdraw at the wall ~300W

Hp brick gets only handwarm

Amazing! can I ask what HP brick you are using?

Reactions: royalba94