S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
The fan mount there is more for HDDs and passively cooled cards. It can work for some GPU setups but air pressure is important.

You could try creating a duct with gaffers tape if your card shroud is too long to be used.
I was thinking about doing this same setup, with the Zotac 1070 in a S4 Mini, I assume I could just take an angle grinder to the shroud and use one of the new bezels to get it to fit? On Zotac's website it lists the 1070 as 1mm shorter, not sure if that is measurement error or if they are actually different sizes.

LodisKnight

W Flyer
Dec 23, 2016
factorgaming.net
Maybe someone here can help me, my GPU reaches about 83C within a minute of playing Overwatch. I am using the 1070 + Scythe slim 120mm. I have tried uping the Fan speed percentage in BIOS but it still reaches 80C almost immediately.

Just wanted to give you a tip. I wired my PWM version of the Scythe 120mm Slim fan directly to the GPU fan header. I top out at 66C on load the way mine is set up. If yours is not PWM, that's fine, but you'd have to use fancy software like "Fan Control" to have the GPU load curve to a fan on the SYS FAN header. That being said, buy the adapter linked below and you should be good, but it'll get a constant 12V if you don't have the PWM version.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...RKjEgwwEHzY4oTw1Trd5waAlqh8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Smallform Gaming

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2016
*I'm using that same Gelid adapter with a Gelid 120mm x15.8mm fan on my build and the adapter is high quality and perfect for this application in the S4.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
So, I feel really dense for not thinking about this in terms of video I/O...

My motherboard has HDMI and DisplayPort out. My iGPU totally can power one or two of my secondary monitors and my GPU can take care of my main one. Who needs all those ports??? XD

Reactions: NotungX

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
So, I feel really dense for not thinking about this in terms of video I/O...

My motherboard has HDMI and DisplayPort out. My iGPU totally can power one or two of my secondary monitors and my GPU can take care of my main one. Who needs all those ports??? XD
Even if you had 4 monitors and no iGPU, you still wouldn't need that DVI port.

Reactions: zovc

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
I have to say, the Z270i Strix just looks gorgeous...

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Looks fantastic with that fan on there, too bad it won't fit in the S4 like that.
Great pictures!

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Woah
Woah
WOAH
WHAT

I didn't think that would work, holy wow.
I guess it makes sense though, 37-14=23, 23+25=48 and I think there was a theoretical max of...48?
I wonder if there's any awful turbulence or anything, I know the C7 in the A4-SFX makes some awful sounds due to turbulence. (though the venting holes are smaller on the A4..)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah I'm planning to put a redux fan on my build. Pretty sure it JUST fits in the S4.

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
Took apart my PC and found out that my PCIE cable was coming apart at the connector. Is this a sign that I need better crimpers? I noticed on all my crimps that the bite isn't as defined as it should be, and there's a lot of overlapping fins

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
New Took apart my PC and found out that my PCIE cable was coming apart at the connector. Is this a sign that I need better crimpers? I noticed on all my crimps that the bite isn't as defined as it should be, and there's a lot of overlapping fins
It sounds like the crimp connectors you are using may be meant for a larger gauge of wire.

TheDreamingMonk

Average Stuffer
Sep 17, 2016
whrat heatsink and fan is this? have you or anyone done comparisons to how well it colls compared to the Noctua NH-l9i?

Also your fins on the heatsink arent in the right orientation, you want them not facing the ram and rear io because theres nowhere to vent.

Its the L9i with Noctua Redux fan.

Same combo I planned to used in my build :p

Reactions: Curiosity

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Its the L9i with Noctua Redux fan.

Same combo I planned to used in my build :p
What's the exact fan model # though? kinda hard to find benchmarks/reviews on it without a model number. anyone used this combo before in an S4 mini or are there comparative benchmarks between this and the NH-l9i's stock fan in an SFF setting? I'm interested to know if there's performance or acoustic benefits before buying.

TheDreamingMonk

Average Stuffer
Sep 17, 2016
What's the exact fan model # though? kinda hard to find benchmarks/reviews on it without a model number. anyone used this combo before in an S4 mini or are there comparative benchmarks between this and the NH-l9i's stock fan in an SFF setting? I'm interested to know if there's performance or acoustic benefits before buying.
Only 1 92mm Redux fan... ( well 2, but that's just PWM vs no PWM )

http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-redux
https://www.quietpc.com/nf-b9-redux-1600-pwm

Reactions: CubanLegend