Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So what's the deal with S5 mini rumor?

Lol, give him a chance to get the S4 train rolling again! :p

Hopefully I'll be able to nab a spot in this one maybe. Depends where bills roll this month.

if it's going to take a toll on your recovery, don't do it. Plus doing a run on low qty will surely cuts into your margin?
I've waited 2 months (since you replied my email) and I can wait more. Pretty sure most of us here can as well. For those of you in US, do a WTB thread works. If only not for those 'I only ship to US' BS....

Leaving the announcement to Josh - cause he is now back.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I will try and answer some question.

I made some small changes to the S4 Mini design for manufacturing purposes. It was going to be called S5 Mini, but since the changes are minor, we decided to roll back to S4 Mini under a different revision.

PlayfulPhoenix and I created a new website for pre-order. The website may offer NCASE, DAN, G-UNIQ KMPKT as well. The plan is to have a soft launch in a few days, so we should announce soon.

We plan to ship the S4 Mini worldwide. I will be helping with manufacturing and distribution.
Oh, now that is awesome!

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I am really looking forward to seeing this website, sounds like it could be the place to go for SFF.
Really does. Hopefully we'll get an announcement banner when it soft launches, don't wanna miss it among the other threads.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
That is awesome news. So many great indie products here, makes every sense to put them all in one banner.

Well, my hdplex/kmpkt 160 is here, next stop S4 mini!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Dubnobass

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2017
Well my s4 mini is together and I think the hdplex 160 is getting to hot and causing the system to shut down. Hoping the dynamo will be available soon to add the power I need to run this beast.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
I seem to be out of the loop. Website??

Also, are Josh and Wahaha360 collaborating together on a new case? Does this mean that Necere is also involved?

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
dude this is awesome, people need to see this on the S4 Mini thread, you should post it there! :D That way we can all find the right version of the small/stubby antenna's for our z270i's and z370i's ! :) thank you!

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Thanks @jØrd

So guys, there might be a better CPU cooler than the Themolab LP53 and the Noctua fan! :D

Here's the story: In my build thread there's a user named @AP2 who used a "Titan TTC-NC25/HS coupled with a 120 slim prolimatech vortex fan" in his S4 Mini to cool a non-delidded (stock) 7700K @ stock clocks, and is idling it at 28c, which is below my 39c of my NHL9i and my 35/36c of my current LP53/NF-A9X combo... AND he's got the heatsink opriented with teh fins perpenticular to the RAM! Imagine the possible temp drop of properly orienting the Heatsink with the fins parallel to the RAM!? (if the VRM heatsinks on a z270i or z370i are removed).

This CPU cooler is HUGE! It's from 2010 and has HUGE fins and 4x6mm direct contact copper heatpipes! it's got a TDP of 130W! and its got a coldplate big enough for a 2066 socket CPU! :D According to the product page it's 30.5 mm high and 46mm high with the included fan. This might be the next big step guys!

So I've asked him to run a prime95 test, and I'll add this Heatsink and that fan to my purchase list, and will plan to test it myself on my delidded 7700k and will compare it to my old NHL9i and LP53 post-delid temps, I'll also compare that prolimatech fan to the current NF-A9x14 PWM from my NHL9i, and the new Noctua NF-A12x15 . :)

ONLY PROBLEM is the Titan TTC-NC25/HS (the Heatsink and the fan combo is called the "TTC-NC25TZ ") doesnt ship to the US directly from Amazon or anywhere, so I'll have to find it elsewhere like on ebay (id like the original heatsink and fan combo though), can anyone order me one and ship it to me in the US? I can paypal ya in USD!

Last edited:

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
@Kmpkt hurry up and release your cooler already so Cuban and I don't go broke importing every mythical cooler we come across!
Dude ,Josh, you're totally right! LMAO XD
If we're posting unicorn coolers, I should pull this back out some day and try to fit it in the S4 Mini:

wait what? @ceski why didn't you tell us about this yet? The "NEXUS LOW-7000 R2" eh? I had no idea that it even existed and that is supported the NF-A12x15! In a config like that, with the fan below, it will almost eliminate issues with air turbulence from the S4 mini side panel!

And from looking at pictures of that NEXUS LOW-7000 R2, seems like you removed the heatsink fins in the bottom of it to fit the fan under it? How does that impact it's cooling performance? Have you compared it to the NHL9i or LP53 yet on a 7700k in an S4 Mini? :D

EVERY TIME theres a chance of a cooler that I havent heard of, that can cool my CPU better than the LP53, I'm always ready with my wallet to jump back in. XD What is WRONG with me?! lol

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I originally had a Noctua NHL9i, but found the temps to be on the high side with stock timing and voltage on the 7700k. I then found the Titan cpu cooler and figured i'd give it a shot. I have not found any other low profile cpu cooler that has 4 copper heatpipes and has a TDP of 130. I have combined it with Prolimatech slim 120mm vortex fan, but will be switching it out to the new Noctua NF-A12x15 when I get home from work today.

Note: If you plan on using the Titan cooler the heatsink fins will be pointing towards the ram like @CubanLegend mentioned, unless you remove the VRM heatsinks. Though the cooler is not readily available stateside, its pretty easy to get on eBay. I received mine within a week from Germany to Seattle.

Reactions: CubanLegend

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
I originally had a Noctua NHL9i, but found the temps to be on the high side with stock timing and voltage on the 7700k. I then found the Titan cpu cooler and figured i'd give it a shot. I have not found any other low profile cpu cooler that has 4 copper heatpipes and has a TDP of 130. I have combined it with Prolimatech slim 120mm vortex fan, but will be switching it out to the new Noctua NF-A12x15 when I get home from work today.

Note: If you plan on using the Titan cooler the heatsink fins will be pointing towards the ram like @CubanLegend mentioned, unless you remove the VRM heatsinks. Though the cooler is not readily available stateside, its pretty easy to get on eBay. I received mine within a week from Germany to Seattle.
Sweet, just ordered my Titan TTC-NC25/HS on ebay. I wish I could get the little metal fan brackets it comes with when you get the OFFICIAL Heatsink (AND FAN) combo.... :( Anyone know where I can get some 92mm fan brackets to fit that Titan CPU Cooler? it would be nice to be able to mount the NHL(i's NF-A9x14 on top for a test

Also, just ordered that 120x12 slim prolimatech vortex fan, and the Noctua NF-A12x15. I can use them with the Titan when it arrives and the NEXUS LOW-7000 R2 if temp testing from that one by @ceski pans out. :D

Last edited: