S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
Don't quote me on this but I think some people did just that and received the AMD brackets in the mail. Also, I can't stress enough how motherboard specific this mod is, so be careful with vrm heatsinks, wifi cards, 8-pin connector, 24-pin connector, and so on. Also, I'm not sure if the Cooljag version lets you remove the skived fin heat sink, so be careful. Good luck!

Thanks, so I got to thinking: since the cooler brushes up against the side panel on the ryzen / s4 mini combo would that mean a thermal pad could be stuck between them and act as an interface for a giant heatsink? If the pad was trimmed around the sky slots it wouldnt even be noticeable.

EDIT:
Checked the instructions for the Falcon II on the cooljag site and it looks likethe skived heat sink is removable: http://www.cooljagusa.com/uploadfiles/cc201102231403565649.pdf

Last edited:

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/e...WM_CPU_Cooler_JYCWA02A_-_Socket_LGA_1366.html

use code OCN at checkout for a slight discount

EDIT:
Thanks for your help by the way cesk

EDIT 2:
@ceski also, how did you attach the fan under the cooler? I'm so confused here
Dang, 60 bucks for the cooler, shipped? wow thats a LOT of money... IDK guys. I just spent 40 bucks on that Titan Cooler and 20 bucks each on the slim prolimatech and Noctua fans.

I'll wait on some temp comparisons from the NEXUS cooler before I buy it. :D

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with Scythe SY1212SL12H-P in pull configuration (in the least troublesome heatsink orientation):

Verdict: Just as good as the Thermolab LP53. If you already have one of these coolers, stick with it. :)
Thank you! dude I had forgotten that you had those temp numbers.

Now All I want to see is if that TITAN cooler is really as good as it may be. You bought one of those yet? ;)

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Really curious how the Nexus performs!

Here is the Titan installed on a ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 with a 8700K. Unfortunately, it only fits in this orientation with the heatsinks pointing towards the ram.

I'll be installing this in my other S4 Mini tomorrow with a 1080 and start testing fans.
Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
Promlimatech 120x15 Slim Vortex
Scythe SY1212SL12H-P

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Really curious how the Nexus performs!

Here is the Titan installed on a ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 with a 8700K. Unfortunately, it only fits in this orientation with the heatsinks pointing towards the ram.

I'll be installing this in my other S4 Mini tomorrow with a 1080 and start testing fans.
Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
Promlimatech 120x15 Slim Vortex
Scythe SY1212SL12H-P
sweet, do you have an NHL9i or LP53 to compare it against? Oh wait if i remember correctly, you already did that temperature comparison right?

Dubnobass

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2017
Awesome, so I just ordered the cooljag falcon variant from frozen cpu and it comes with intel brackets only it looks like - should I contact them directly and ask if they have any amd brackets or could i get by with simply using the thermalright kit?

I live 10 minutes from frozen cpu, they are pretty good at accommodating your needs. I would email or call them and see what they can do.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Just a quick question for you guys.

Today I got my SkyWire cable set and managed to plug the wrong end of the GPU cable into the GPU/PSU it wouldn't boot eventually I realized the cable was backwards and switched it and it turned on. I didn't have time to make sure everything was working properly because I had to leave for work.

So question is should I be expecting any damages due to plugging it in incorrectly when I check it after work or should it be perfectly fine?

Also: I'm loving all this talk about coolers. Has anyone tried the titan with the fins parallel to the ram with the Noctua fan on z270? I'd imagine that moding some vents in the side would help airflow a lot.. well depending if it's push or pull

Reactions: Biowarejak

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
whats a good setting for prime95?

for what its worth, so far the titan/noctua combo is doing pretty awesome in the S4 Mini. Idle temps 25-27 and after playing Destiny 2 for 2 hours coretemp recorded a max of 68-74 on various cores.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
whats a good setting for prime95?

for what its worth, so far the titan/noctua combo is doing pretty awesome in the S4 Mini. Idle temps 25-27 and after playing Destiny 2 for 2 hours coretemp recorded a max of 68-74 on various cores.
Prime95 26.6 (custom, run FFTs in place, & max FFT size of 8kb) mark your
pic courtesy of @ceski from this post and his temps

actually, seeing that post reminds me that I've been meaning to run those BIOS UEFI tweaks that he did to lower his temps.