S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

tumor

Chassis Packer
Jun 14, 2017
I picked up an i7-8700K and a Strix Z370-I and ran some thermal tests in an S4 Mini. Here's what you can expect to see with two of the more popular coolers, a Noctua NH-L9i and a Thermolab LP53 (using the Noctua fan):

Fantastic post! 10/10

Reactions: Biowarejak

eme

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2017
With the Dynatron heatsink and the fan from the s4 mini recommended noctua cooler I have successfully hooked up everything for my x299 build, everything boots up with no problems but I haven’t had a chance to stress test.

I can confirm that the new Asrock x299e-itx/ac fits in S4 mini nicely and leaves enough room for the hdplex 400w as well as cables. The only minor issue is the cables might block some of the sata ports and make 2-4 of them harder to access. Still because the mobo has 6 ports and I only need 2 it is not a problem. I definitely see myself modding the cables because I simply cannot force them in for how much vertical space this special mobo takes. I am using an i9 7900 as well as zotac 1080ti mini, and I have a wooden 3D bezel + deep power switch. Boot wattage is around 80-90W, and the voodoo 350W power brick is able to handle the initial spikes. So far so good!

Any new info, pics, temps on load/throthling?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
it's the one question anyone watching this thread ask for... Meanwhile my local store has bitfenix portal on sale for 85 bucks... *rips hair out*
edit: AND ML07 for 69! arrgghh

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017

erictc5924

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2017
Hi Josh, the S4 mini accessories selling on the website is it able to ship to Singapore? i was planning to get a 2D bezel, half vent plate and a short power switch to upgrade for ZOTAC 1080 Ti Mini

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
There are like a hundred questions I can answer here and need to, but I can't yet.

• I'm getting better, but there are enough things I am behind on IRL I need to focus on first.
  • I'm not better yet...and I can't do as much as I want to yet
  • Cuban I might not actually have that bezel I promised you but I'm looking and thinking about how to serve you
  • If you want an S4 MINI, they will be available this week in LOW quantities, and I will announce on YouTube because I promised. Make sure you subscribe. No, it's not a ploy to increase my sub count...I could care less, but it has been a really good way of reaching customers on time.
  • I ship worldwide for everything; if something is confusing or you have a question email me
  • I have a billion emails in my inbox. I seriously have so many its going to take a while for me to catch up, but I will.
Thank you for your patience.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hey Josh. Can you please do a bunch of trivial stuff for me while you're recovering from abdominal surgery because I'm really starting to feel like I need an S4 mini RIGHT NOW? Does your doctor do house calls? They probably should as it would leave you more time to ship cases. Remember to lift boxes with your legs and not with your abdomen. Dehiscence sucks!

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
if it's going to take a toll on your recovery, don't do it. Plus doing a run on low qty will surely cuts into your margin?
I've waited 2 months (since you replied my email) and I can wait more. Pretty sure most of us here can as well. For those of you in US, do a WTB thread works. If only not for those 'I only ship to US' BS....