Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
ok guys, store page is live :)

in the meantime, here are some ideas if you'd like to "mod the mod" ... :p

1) glue on some heatpipes to help spreading the heat more efficiently

2) paint the parts matt black using car paint / exhaust pipe paint - this not only looks nice but also improves thermals a bit

before painting, please clean the parts with acetone or similar solvent...

example:

3) use some tape to cover the fan cable cutout - this helps to prevent "air leakage" and holds the cables down

4) with the copper shroud and screws, the mod is slightly over "true 1-slot specs" - if every 0.1mm counts in your build, you can cut your own shroud, e.g. using some LEXAN material

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Especially for 1), but did you monitor any improvement that 1) and 2) are bringing?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Especially for 1), but did you monitor any improvement that 1) and 2) are bringing?

well, unfortunately it does not perform any miracles but with both mods combined I'm seeing about 2~3C lower average temps in my P350 Tiny build

also, another mod idea I have tried: using a thermal switch glued to the heatsink to cut off fan power below a certain threshold to get a "0-RPM" fan mode for the A2000

for testing I used a thermal switch with a rated "switching temperature" of 55K but this does not mean it will actually switch on/off at this precise temp. It's more of a temperature range with an "on" point at about 59C and "off" at about 46C. another issue with this solution is the fact that the heatsink temperature will not raise or drop as fast as the actual GPU temp. anyways, it works for me and I'm quite happy with the result. my A2000 idles now at about ~58C without fan(noise) and once the GPU reaches ~79C, the fan kicks in to keep it cool under load.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
will it be available again ?

Probably not I'm afraid, at least not any time soon :\

However, I've put the earlier prototypes up for sale in the trade section:

Reactions: gman501

propernorf

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2020
Probably not I'm afraid, at least not any time soon :\

However, I've put the earlier prototypes up for sale in the trade section:

Well that's a shame... obviously would've preferred a non-prototype model, guess I'll have to wait.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
hey guys, all cooler mods have been shipped and I hope everyone is happy so far...

just wanted to add some notes because this might have been not so clear in the instructions I have shared before:

1) I mentioned to fix the heatsink, using the "original cooler spring/bracket" - I didn't know better how to call that part but it is this one:

2) I mentioned that it is recommended to use MSI Afterburner and set a custom voltage/clock curve - this is needed to get temps down & achieve overall more stable clock speeds and therefore maximize performance

here is my "curve" which basically limits boost clock to around 1500 Mhz @ 0.7V - this is the sweet spot for me personally - temperature and performance wise

3) also already mentioned, the stock fan curve does not work well with this mod since it is optimized for the original cooler - here is my custom fan curve:

I'd suggest to play around in Afterburner to find your own preferred settings - just for reference, here are some results with above mentioned settings in my 1L ThinkStation P350 Tiny (which is pretty poor ventilated)

30 Minutes Valley Bench Stress Testing: average temps 79C ~ 83C

30 Minutes ZDH Gameplay, 1080p, 60Hz, V-Sync ON: average temps 73C ~ 79C

danyi

Case Bender
New User
Aug 20, 2022
Hello, I saw your project, it's really great, but I missed the purchase, now I want to make it by myself, could you please give me the specific specifications of the fan and the screws

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hello, I saw your project, it's really great, but I missed the purchase, now I want to make it by myself, could you please give me the specific specifications of the fan and the screw

Check out below thread for the latest drawings. There's also a pdf with screw dimensions and assembly instructions...

Fan is a Maglev 50/10mm with PWM and 6000 RPM

danyi

Case Bender
New User
Aug 20, 2022
Check out below thread for the latest drawings. There's also a pdf with screw dimensions and assembly instructions...

Fan is a Maglev 50/10mm with PWM and 6000 RPM
12V ?

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Hello, I saw your project, it's really great, but I missed the purchase, now I want to make it by myself, could you please give me the specific specifications of the fan and the screws
Your best bet is to get an NVIDIA T1000 (acquirable for as low as $200 on eBay) until a better card comes along. I am converting to a Ryzen 9 5950X passively cooled Streacom FC8 case and needed one for Plex (the Radeon RX 6400 was a no-go since it has no video codec).

Max Harrison

Chassis Packer
MRH Systems
Mar 27, 2020
Yes indeed I am checking feasibility, the only issue being price for a shorter production run of these. If I can get atleast say 5 people who are willing to shell out about 100 euros for one of these, it should be possible to get it down to that sort of price.

Anyone who is potentially interested by this, please PM me.

I am located in France, so people in Europe are mostly the targeted demographic here.

If I get enough interest, I will make a post about this and get a final price and estimated date up.