Concept RTX A2000 Single Slot Cooler Mod - Rebirth

Are you interested in purchasing one of these?

• Total voters

SiOsbon

Cable Smoosher
Jun 24, 2023
I would be! I'm in the US. If I could smash this into a Lenovo P360 Tiny I could die happy.
A tiny machine like this could be powered by DC and could easily be smashed into an arcade cabinet or even a trailer for gaming.
Or you could look up a tiny case like:

I have one and hopefully, it will fit:
B650e-i MB
Ryzen 9 7900
GaN 250W PSU
64GB RAM
6TB NVME
RTX A2000 with this mod.

Something a little more personal than P360 and just as portable.

Nilithium

Chassis Packer
Jul 6, 2023
Or you could look up a tiny case like:

I have one and hopefully, it will fit:
B650e-i MB
Ryzen 9 7900
GaN 250W PSU
64GB RAM
6TB NVME
RTX A2000 with this mod.

Something a little more personal than P360 and just as portable.
I received the P360 Tiny for an exclusive price as part of a bin deal. The recycler I bought it from presumed it was an older model and I got it for pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: Coagulant2379

Coagulant2379

Efficiency Noob
Jun 5, 2023

Some of you have posted on Revoc's post (here) asking about a potential continuation of this project.

With the rtx a2000 becoming a more viable option, I am looking at making a batch of these single slot coolers.

The price is entirely dependant on how many people I can drum up interest for, as higher production is lower per unit cost, but it looks like it should be about 100 euros (I will confirm this with my friend who will be the one machining these, he's yet to get back to me with unit cost)

Shipping will depend on where you're situated, I live in France, so closer you are the there cheaper that will be.

With enough interest I will continue this project.

the set would include:
  • CNC machined aluminum heatsink, 12mm thick
  • Aluminium shroud
  • Mounting screws
  • Single slot I/O shield
  • Modified 5010 MAGLEV fan
Besides Kickstarter; Indiegogo also seems to be a viable option to get your project crowdfunded.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
No message from Max since May and he clearly asked that interested PM him or DM. I wonder if anyone ever did?

"I will have final pricing in the next couple weeks, and then anyone interested can Direct Message me" "USA and other countries may have to wait for the first big batch, but PM me anyway."

BigAl101

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2023
As this seems to be dead and never got a reply to PM's as per Max's post I've reached out to a few local engineering companies to see if they could machine these and prices, I've used @REVOCCASES original designs which he shared on another post and I'm looking into sourcing the other bits needed. I'm by no means promising anything here just looking into the possibilities locally, if it does turn out to be viable I'll need to get setup for trading aswell so will update when I have any further info.

Max Harrison

Chassis Packer
Original poster
MRH Systems
Mar 27, 2020
Right.

Hey everyone, it's been a while I know (about 4 months..)

I tried doing this with my friend, who ended up messing me around ( A LOT ).

The story is, he kept postponning my machine time, and I got frustrated and we ended up having a fall out over it all and essentially it exhausted me, and put me off doing anything to do with this, along with other issues I've also just not had time to address any of this, but I do now.

A prototype with a third party CNC shop would have costed me quite some money that I didn't have at the time due to work constraints and such. I didn't think the interest would still be here for this, but it seems a lot of you are still very keen for this.

I've gone MIA essentially for months now - partly from a sort of shame, as I wasn't able to deliver this on time for anyone.

I've since seen people's suggestions on doing a kickstarter or something of the likes, which would fund the prototype stage etc, and that would make it entirely possible for me, and if people still are interested, I will do this. I've got my simplified design ready and I have quotes for prototypes, I just previously didn't have the money to do it third party.

If the interest is still here, I will make a kickstarter, do it all through official channels, and this will happen.

BigAl101

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2023
Thanks for the update.

I'm still very much interested, Ialso looking getting this done (as mentioned above) but have had some complications with the design and expensive quotes.

Happy to pay up front via a kickstarter.

Reactions: jimmyjoemc