some of you have reached out to me if my DIY single slot mod for the A2000 mod is going on sale...
long story short, I'm happy to offer this mod for the community, but before organizing all the materials and starting production I first need to have some rough idea how many people would be actually willing to buy this.
Therefore, please let me know below in the comments if you're on board...
If we can reach an MOQ of 10 the price for one set would be EUR 80,- plus UPS shipping. Expected lead time is 4-6 weeks, after we have reached the MOQ.
the set would include:
- CNC machined aluminum heatsink, 12mm thick
- modded 5010 MAGLEV fan
- laser cut shroud
- 3M thermal tape for the shroud
- laser cut single slot I/O shield & backplate combo
- mounting screws
- ca. 2.3 ~ 2.5mm thick, soft thermal pads for memory (A2000 6G)
- high viscosity Thermal Paste (Thermalright TFX tested & recommended)
- super glue (or similar) to attach the fan
- this is nothing for thermal and noise enthusiasts
- noise will be roughly comparable to the stock cooler in idle but clearly louder during load
- it is recommended to set custom fan and voltage curves in Afterburner to find a good noise/performance balance
- this mod may void warranty of your GPU and I take no responsibility if something fails / gets fried because of the mod
- I have only tested this with the A2000 6G - I assume it will also work with the 12G but perhaps you need thinner thermal pads
- shipping is crazy expensive right now - expect about EUR 30,- to U.S. or E.U. plus customs fees depending on your country
I don't want to make money with this, so if you like to get your own single slot cooler made locally, I have attached the drawings to this post.