Completed RTX A2000 Single Slot Cooler Mod - Interest Checking

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

some of you have reached out to me if my DIY single slot mod for the A2000 mod is going on sale...

long story short, I'm happy to offer this mod for the community, but before organizing all the materials and starting production I first need to have some rough idea how many people would be actually willing to buy this.

Therefore, please let me know below in the comments if you're on board...

If we can reach an MOQ of 10 the price for one set would be EUR 80,- plus UPS shipping. Expected lead time is 4-6 weeks, after we have reached the MOQ.

the set would include:
  • CNC machined aluminum heatsink, 12mm thick
  • modded 5010 MAGLEV fan
  • laser cut shroud
  • 3M thermal tape for the shroud
  • laser cut single slot I/O shield & backplate combo
  • mounting screws
what you still need:
  • ca. 2.3 ~ 2.5mm thick, soft thermal pads for memory (A2000 6G)
  • high viscosity Thermal Paste (Thermalright TFX tested & recommended)
  • super glue (or similar) to attach the fan
additional notes:
  • this is nothing for thermal and noise enthusiasts
  • noise will be roughly comparable to the stock cooler in idle but clearly louder during load
  • it is recommended to set custom fan and voltage curves in Afterburner to find a good noise/performance balance
  • this mod may void warranty of your GPU and I take no responsibility if something fails / gets fried because of the mod
  • I have only tested this with the A2000 6G - I assume it will also work with the 12G but perhaps you need thinner thermal pads
  • shipping is crazy expensive right now - expect about EUR 30,- to U.S. or E.U. plus customs fees depending on your country

I don't want to make money with this, so if you like to get your own single slot cooler made locally, I have attached the drawings to this post.

Attachments

• A2020-FS-12-50.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 308

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Hell yeah! I'm aboard.

EDIT: also I can share shipping with someone in EU/Germany (and then re-ship).

Last edited:
Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
parts are slowly coming in and I have started machining the heat sinks...

to show you what to expect, here is how the set will come:
  • 1mm thermal pad for the backplate (to be sticked on the backplate to prevent electrical shorts)
  • copper fan shroud with 3M thermal tape and some patina
  • copper backplate with some patina
  • aluminum CNC heat sink
  • modded DELTA fan (1.5W, 6000 RPM)
  • two thin heatpipes for DIY modding (e.g. attach them to the heatsink with thermal epoxy)
  • 2x M2.5-8mm screws and 1mm plastic washers to attach the heat sink
  • 2x M2-4mm screws for the shroud
  • 5x M2-6mm screws and 10xM2 nuts to attach the backplate
the set comes un-assembled as shown below and involves some work from your side to put everything together. I will prepare a short instruction how to do this.

A2000SS-Set.jpg

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
short update:
  • machining takes a bit longer than expected and I damaged a few fans today during modding (cutting off the frame and soldering the GPU fan connectors) so I need to wait for replacement - I'll keep you update about the progress here and on Discord

• in the meantime I have prepared the assembly instructions (see attached) - I hope this is clear enough, but if not I'm happy to help and answer your questions

Attachments

• A2000 Single Slot Mod Assembly.pdf
    581.6 KB · Views: 184

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
short update on the progress:
  • I have finished and packed all cooler mods today
  • Sale will start tomorrow morning (10.05.2022) around 11:00h (Hong Kong / Beijing time) - first come first served
  • There is only a limited quantity available and I'm not sure if/when I'll make another batch. It turned out to be very time consuming making this and I've been pretty busy with my normal work lately...
Link to the Mod (available tomorrow):