REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
REVOCCASES submitted a new resource:

RTX A2000 - DIY Single Slot Copper Cooler Mod - RTX A2000 DIY Copper Single Slot Mod, e.g. for 1U Servers

DXF files to make your own 1-slot cooler and backplate for the A2000
  1. coldplate can be laser cut or CNC machined from >= 3.0 copper (3.2mm recommended), mounting holes designed for M2.5
  2. 1-slot bracket / backplate can be laser cut and bend from 1.0 mm copper / aluminum, mounting holes designed for M2 screws and nuts
how to:
  • cut the coldplate and solder some copper fins on it using 138C solder paste
  • cover the backplate with a large 1.0 ~ 1.5mm thermal pad...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Murk

Rozzly

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 17, 2023
I'm looking at this solution for a 1U Supermicro chassis. I've seen your other similar posts with the blower style fan, however that wouldn't work so well in my supermicro as all the high powered fans are at the front of the chassis. How are the thermals on this passive cooler in comparison to your blower style solution?
Also, I see your website is down -- I'm not sure I have any CNC shops around me that would be willing to work on a single item (this). Is this something you would sell?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'm looking at this solution for a 1U Supermicro chassis. I've seen your other similar posts with the blower style fan, however that wouldn't work so well in my supermicro as all the high powered fans are at the front of the chassis. How are the thermals on this passive cooler in comparison to your blower style solution?
Also, I see your website is down -- I'm not sure I have any CNC shops around me that would be willing to work on a single item (this). Is this something you would sell?

Thermals depend on a couple of factors but with some fine tuning (UV, Fan speed, airflow duct...) you can expect similar results compared to the original 2-slot cooler.

I'm not taking custom orders at the moment but you can try to use an online manufacturing service like for example 'SendCutSend' to get the copper parts made locally.