Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Many thanks. Actually I didn't want to go ahead with it because it's a bit too large for my personal taste but I'm glad to see the community seem to like it.

I get the profiles from one of my local suppliers. It's kinda standard here. I can send you some, already cut to length and tapped with M4. You can find the drawings in the resources section (BIG2).

I took a look at your BIG2 cad files but there are only case panels and a gpu bracket, unless I'm missing something?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
unless I'm missing something

I was missing something XD please try again, should be included now...

What are the available anodising colors at your supplier ?
Would it be possible to have sandblasted panel/profiles ?

And just out of curiosity, what would be the dimensions/volume with 240mm rads ?
  • black or silver (see example below)
  • yes, the parts will be sandblasted & anodized
  • same volume, if I want to keep GPU compatibility as it is

Could a bracket of some kind be attached to the PSU to create a mounting point for the pump/res

currently checking the possibility to add some additional front bracket

Reactions: youngdocument

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
how do you think if I offer a cheaper "basic" version of the case where people still can mount rads/fans on the outer panels directly and a "bracket upgrade package" which includes all of those brackets to play around with...?

Reactions: Arboreal and Goatee

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
it's been a long time since I last owned an mATX motherboard and I totally forgot how big they are... XD

anyway, it sits pretty comfortable in the BIG560 and because mATX boards are quite a bit cheaper compared to mITX I decided to show you a budget build with the new prototype:
  • R5 2600
  • MSI B450 (full size) mATX
  • (modded) ENERMAX 280mm AIO with Phanteks Fans
  • ZRT R9 Fury
  • FSP 600W SFX PSU

before getting started, we assemble the inner parts of the case like this:

next, putting the motherboard in (note that you can not install fans/rads at the bottom with mATX)

mounting the AIO and GPU (note: the profile in the front can be removed during assembly to make your life a bit easier)

adding the power supply and wiring it up (there is still enough room at the front, besides the MOBO to put the PSU there if you whish to)

almost forgot to connect the power button XD

similar like the RTX FE cards, my R9 also does blow a bit of hot air trough and up, so I put one additional exhaust fan on the side

almost done, just need to slide in the side panels... now the additional brackets do have pros and cons...
  • pro: in theory you could use acrylic on all 3 sides of the case, plus you have easy access to all sides
  • con: manufacturing tolerances can sum up and make it really difficult to slide in those panels (like Linus used to say: "damn that's sooo tight")

after loosening some screws, the panels could all be inserted: case closed

PS: I moved the power button to the back of the case, I hope you can see the advantages that brings...

thermal and noise test with silent fan profile (note, the Phanteks fans can not go below 800 RPM)

ambient temperature

idle temperature

GPU & CPU combined stress test

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I know you said bottom mounted fans aren’t possible with mATX but could 120mm fans not fit?

Is it just 140mm that don’t?

Loving the budget build.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

youngdocument

Trash Compacter
Nov 15, 2018
Looks great. Any chance we could ask for panels with smaller perforations, closer to what other cases like Sliger’s or the Ncase have?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Any chance we could ask for panels with smaller perforations, closer to what other cases like Sliger’s or the Ncase have?

That's too expensive to manufacture for a very low quantity custom case. Ncase & Co. producing much higher quantities and have invested in tooling for their cases.

If you like those small mesh-holes or need dust filters you can just stick something like that on the inside of the panels:

NOTABLE-00043.jpg

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
some minor changes ...
  • adding additional mounting slots for 120mm fans at the bottom
  • modified vent pattern on the panels w/o fan/rad mounting slots
  • tolerance adjustments for easier assembly
I think we should be good to go ahead with a small batch like that. If you still have some ideas what to change, now is the time.

• Based on the feedback I got so far, most -if not all- people seem to be interested in the "complete package" with all brackets included so I'm going to make this version first.

• In order to get an idea how many people would like to get a B560, I will put an pre-order page on my shop during the weekend.

• Price: The version with all brackets included, sandblasted and black or silver anodized, as shown below will be EUR 200,- plus shipping.

• Quality: EUR 200,- is not cheap and I will try to give you the best quality possible for that price. But please do not expect a high-end-premium case like some of those in the EUR 300,- to 400,- price range. You can have a look at below pictures and decide if something like that is acceptable for you or not.

needcoffeeplz

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2021
Hello, saw your thread on reddit a couple days ago. Awesome case, definitely interested in one when you open BTO!

Quick question, would a solid back panel be possible when ordering BTO? My current setup has my PC on my left and a solid panel, while perhaps not ideal for airflow, would do wonders for acoustics.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hello, saw your thread on reddit a couple days ago. Awesome case, definitely interested in one when you open BTO!

Quick question, would a solid back panel be possible when ordering BTO? My current setup has my PC on my left and a solid panel, while perhaps not ideal for airflow, would do wonders for acoustics.

no problem. just write a short note during checkout when you place your order.

needcoffeeplz

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2021
Ohh nice! Didn't expect delivery so soon. Can I add a request for the solid panel with this first batch or is the early adopter version as is for now?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Delivery time should be in July - August if everything goes smooth (depends mainly on my anodizing sub contractor).

Yes, just add a note which color you need and which panels shall be solid. Left one and front, correct?

Reactions: Goatee

needcoffeeplz

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2021
Delivery time should be in July - August if everything goes smooth (depends mainly on my anodizing sub contractor).

Yes, just add a note which color you need and which panels shall be solid. Left one and front, correct?
Right (motherboard) side, since I have my PC on the left side of my desk/setup! Just placed an order, looking forward to building in the 560 :)