Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
My two cents: you can drop X-flow, for sure. HW Labs radiators are nice IMO, so worth supporting them. I would also love an option to relocate the PSU to where the pump is in your sketches (to free up space for the third rad on the side).

Third rad? Now that is a bold move. I like the cut of your jib!

• Haha
Reactions: morj

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Glad there will be PSU mount in the front of the case. Personally not a fan of the PSU towering over the motherboard, it limits the options for fittings and tube routing a lot. Though the trade-off is you have to be much more selective in terms of pump-res combo. I'd suggest to put through-holes in the rear panel for an Iceman res similar to the M1.

HWL 280GTS or

Bitspower Leviathan SF 280 4xG1 / 4"Radiator​

Just make it compatible with HWL GTS 280 - it is wider than most 140mm radiator by 13mm so if it fits, everything else fits basically

Are you set on classic layout? I think with sandwich layout the airflow should be considerably better and volume could be in the range of 14-15L.
Classic layout FTW! for sandwich layout just get a W1 :p

X-Flow is dropped, doesn't make much sense. ;)

Triple 280? Wait... Let me make a draft of that! :p

Even 2x280 + 1x240 is a very good option for those who want to go "an extra mile" with the cooling đź‘Ť
after building my NR200 triple rad, I'd say the trade-off to get from 2 rads to 3 rads is not worth it. Much more complicated tubing and more fittings involved thus my flow rate kinda sucks, albeit acceptable for now. And the extra performance gain is subjected heavily to law of diminishing returns. The performance step-up to 360 rad is more significant - yes people says 280 is almost 360 but using HWL's own rating - 50% more maximum heat dissipation capacity for 35% volume increase -> more efficient in my book. Thus I'm going to transplant my build over to the ZZAW C3 soon for dual GTS 360.

I think this case can be a very natural upgrade for the NR200 watercooling crowd if you could get the words out.

youngdocument

Trash Compacter
Nov 15, 2018
This case sounds great. Would there be an option for a glass or acrylic side panel? Also wondering what mounting option there could be for an EK FLT 120mm pump/res combo. Would there be 120mm of space between the top and bottom rads, next to the motherboard? Even better if it could fit there with the PSU mounted behind it.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Glad there will be PSU mount in the front of the case. Personally not a fan of the PSU towering over the motherboard, it limits the options for fittings and tube routing a lot.

I think both PSU positions have pros and cons. So here is the "Optional-PSU-Position-Flipping-Bracket-Set".

you can still use a res/ or pump combo up to 164mm tall:

note: for this PSU position I will only make a simple cutout to route a AC pigtail cable out of the case

make it compatible with HWL GTS 280 - it is wider than most 140mm radiator by 13mm so if it fits, everything else fits basically

Case volume decreased to ~19.5L because I dropped X-Flow support, HWL 280GTS & Co. will still fit comfortably with a few mm clearance on each side.

Even 2x280 + 1x240 is a very good option for those who want to go "an extra mile" with the cooling

2x280 plus 1x 240 can fit, tripple 280 does not. however, it will be a PITA to build. XD

Would there be an option for a glass or acrylic side panel? Also wondering what mounting option there could be for an EK FLT 120mm pump/res combo. Would there be 120mm of space between the top and bottom rads, next to the motherboard?

Currently not planning to offer glass/acrylic side panels. But you can source your own. Once the project is ready, I will upload the drawings here on the forum and you can ask some local shop to cut glass or acrylic to size for you. Thickness should be 1.9 +/-0.1mm to fit in the slots.

the slotted bracket besides the motherboard is for mounting stuff like e.g. the EK FLT 120mm pump/res

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
This is the layout I'm drawn to.

Just thinking about compatibility, can you fit a 3 slot 3090 FE in (without the bottom rad)?

Length 12.3" (313 mm)
Width 5.4" (138 mm)
Slot 3-Slot

The flow through the case could really help the pass through cooler on the FE cards...

Reactions: eedev

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Looks like 280GTS still fits on the side because of its profile. Maybe triple 280 is too overkill, but having one 280 on the top and one on the side may leave space to provide support for mATX motherboards.

Reactions: thelaughingman

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
This is the layout I'm drawn to.

Just thinking about compatibility, can you fit a 3 slot 3090 FE in (without the bottom rad)?

Length 12.3" (313 mm)
Width 5.4" (138 mm)
Slot 3-Slot

The flow through the case could really help the pass through cooler on the FE cards...

I didn't think about this but yeah. Without the stuff at the bottom you could even fit a 4.5 slot card in there.

How is the width / height with power connectors?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I didn't think about this but yeah. Without the stuff at the bottom you could even fit a 4.5 slot card in there.

How is the width / height with power connectors?
It uses a special 8 pin adaptor. When that's compressed its about 8mm from the top of the card to the top of the cable. After market cables would obviously be thinner.

If you assume total card height for the 3090 is 138 mm + 10mm for cables then a total supported card height would need to be ~148mm.

I don't know how wide you intend to make the case? But given the GTS is 153mm I guess your in the ball park?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
It uses a special 8 pin adaptor. When that's compressed its about 8mm from the top of the card to the top of the cable. After market cables would obviously be thinner.

If you assume total card height for the 3090 is 138 mm + 10mm for cables then a total supported card height would need to be ~148mm.

I don't know how wide you intend to make the case? But given the GTS is 153mm I guess your in the ball park?

The case is actually wide enough but clearance for the GPU is currently only 140mm because I put support for normal HDDs behind the motherboard.

I know, doesn't make much sense for most builds these days, right? XD

OK, I'll try to change it so that your FE card would fit.

Remember the time when FE cards were still Sff-friendly? :p

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
The case is actually wide enough but clearance for the GPU is currently only 140mm because I put support for normal HDDs behind the motherboard.

I know, doesn't make much sense for most builds these days, right? XD

OK, I'll try to change it so that your FE card would fit.

Remember the time when FE cards were still Sff-friendly? :p
For me GPU and CPU cooler height > than HDD space.

I guess a HDD rack to go on the utility area between case front and PSU is also an option?

ziggehh

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2020
With the surfacing of GPU waterblocks with active backplates (i.e. for 3090 back VRAM), traditional layout is far nicer as sandwich layout often does not accommodate for extra backplate thickness or the terminal layouts offered on some blocks (particularly EK, as I have found out the hard way).

UrbanFox

Trash Compacter
Apr 21, 2021
if someone does not need a radiator on the side, it is better to make a second optional bracket for attaching the power supply to the front panel, for example:

note: for this PSU position I will only make a simple cutout to route a AC pigtail cable out of the case

I have sm550 with this pigtail:

This is convenient

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
if someone does not need a radiator on the side, it is better to make a second optional bracket for attaching the power supply to the front panel

Good idea. Just FYI: I am planning to offer the case only as BTO (build-to-order) and will not keep any stock. This means each case will be manufactured individually for each customer and if the customer has some special whishes e.g. to place the PSU in the front, or mount an additional rad to the side I can offer these small modifications for some additional fee.

Also: I will publish the design files here on the forum. So if someone wants to make the case smaller, bigger or prefers other vent holes, just modify the drawings according to your liking, send them back to me and I will manufacture the case accordingly.

For now we just have to agree on a "standard version" and can move on from there.

I managed to increase GPU height clearance to 147mm by removing the 3.5" drives behind the motherboard & without increasing the case volume. Do you think that would work? Or do I need to make the case a bit bigger?

leave space to provide support for mATX motherboards.

I like that idea and seems that will work well without fans/rads at the bottom in "standard configuration". so yes, the B560 can also support mATX motherboards. Second rad (e.g. on the side) will not work with mATX, even if the PSU is moved to the front.

now most of you know that I'm not good at designing fancy vent patterns. If you agree I would like to go with something as simple like that:

also, where would you like to have the power button? unfortunately there is not much space on the back, top or bottom. how about front or side?

Last edited:
Reactions: eedev and morj

UrbanFox

Trash Compacter
Apr 21, 2021
Or do I need to make the case a bit bigger?
The smaller the size, the better. If someone needs to place the HDD, they can always do it under the video card or on the front panel

Simple round holes - this is what you need, without any " design stuff"

It would be nice to have the size of the holes on the side wall so that you can simply place a standard dust filter on 280x140 mm magnets.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I managed to increase GPU height clearance to 147mm by removing the 3.5" drives behind the motherboard & without increasing the case volume. Do you think that would work? Or do I need to make the case a bit bigger?

I just measured from my motherboard to the top of the power cable and I make it approximately 145mm with cables compressed.

If your 147mm is from the face of the motherboard to the case wall, then that should be tight but sufficient for the 3090FE. With the 4 PCIE slots we should be good to go from a height persepctive.

How long is the internal space in the case?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
would be nice to have the size of the holes on the side wall so that you can simply place a standard dust filter on 280x140 mm magnets.

The vented area will be bigger than 280x140mm but some of the standard Demci filters should fit. IIRC they also offer custom sizes at no additional cost.

your 147mm is from the face of the motherboard to the case wall, then that should be tight but sufficient for the 3090FE. With the 4 PCIE slots we should be good to go from a height persepctive.

The 147mm are measured from the edge of the PCBA which plugs in the PCIe slot to the side panel.

How long is the internal space in the case?

I will prepare some detailed clearance drawings tomorrow.