Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 | custom BTO case | maximum flexibility for high end hardware in <20L

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
While we're on the topic of changing sizes, I'd like to ask about height reduction....
I'm considering an air cooled mATX version, would it be straightforward to take something like 30mm off the top to allow room for just 25mm fans?

If I went DIY, what would the possible cost of the specific corner extrusions cost please?
Maybe a starter kit with extrusions, feet, and standoffs/fasteners could be made available...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
While we're on the topic of changing sizes, I'd like to ask about height reduction....
I'm considering an air cooled mATX version, would it be straightforward to take something like 30mm off the top to allow room for just 25mm fans?

If you are going for the DIY edition you just need to trim 30mm from (the top of) all parts I uploaded and you'll have a shorter version. For the version I sell its a bit more work, cause I need to adjust all dimensions to make sure the brackets still fit... so for customized orders I would like to wait until batch two...

If I went DIY, what would the possible cost of the specific corner extrusions cost please?
Maybe a starter kit with extrusions, feet, and standoffs/fasteners could be made available...

That's a great idea. I could indeed offer a "DIY Starter Set" for EUR 25,- plus shipping. The set would include everything except the panels.
  • Power button
  • Screws
  • Standoffs
  • 4 profiles, cut to length, tapped with M4
  • 4 feet
Let me know if that sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Many thanks @REVOCCASES, that's great to know all round.
I could see your EUR 25 starter kit being handy for DIYers and helps with import costs on whole cases.

My local metal fabricator needs DXF files so that they can be laser cut, I have a near zero knowledge of CAD, but did download CDASoftTools ABViewer 14 to look at your STEP files.

That brought up a lovely 3D view with the panels highlightable.

I assume that the panels can be brought up individually and then converted to DXF, then laid out flat ready to be laser cut from 2mm sheet alu.

Any particular sort of alu preferred for this?

Apologies for all the questions, my enthusiasm is running ahead of my technical ability here!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Many thanks @REVOCCASES, that's great to know all round.
I could see your EUR 25 starter kit being handy for DIYers and helps with import costs on whole cases.

My local metal fabricator needs DXF files so that they can be laser cut, I have a near zero knowledge of CAD, but did download CDASoftTools ABViewer 14 to look at your STEP files.

That brought up a lovely 3D view with the panels highlightable.

I assume that the panels can be brought up individually and then converted to DXF, then laid out flat ready to be laser cut from 2mm sheet alu.

Any particular sort of alu preferred for this?

Apologies for all the questions, my enthusiasm is running ahead of my technical ability here!

Yeah, I just uploaded the STP (3D) files of the whole assembly for now (so you can modify the case to your liking) but I could also make a single DXF file with all panels included. Probably thats more "user friendly" if you are not familiar with CAD.

The maximum panel thickness is 2.00mm - please consider this if you want to powder coat or paint the case. Depending on the coating thickness you need to decrease the panel thickness in order to be able to get the panels in the slots. If you can get the parts anodized, you can go with 2.00mm.

I would recommend AL 5754 or better.

• Love
Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Many thanks for that additional really supportive info; powder coating 2mm alu could get you into trouble!

A flat DXF would be a brilliant resource thank you. We are getting used to import logistics being tougher in the UK, so any help is greatly appreciated 😃👍

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Many thanks for that additional really supportive info; powder coating 2mm alu could get you into trouble!

A flat DXF would be a brilliant resource thank you. We are getting used to import logistics being tougher in the UK, so any help is greatly appreciated 😃👍

Exactly. No guarantee, but I guess 1.5mm for the sides and 2.00mm for top and bottom should probably work with powder coating if it's not too thick.

I think @Goatee didn't have any trouble getting the prototype from me but having the panels locally made and seeing it all come together should definitely be fun. :)

I'll try to get the drawings ready for you tomorrow and put them in the resources section. For the DIY set you can send me a PM to discuss the details.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Exactly. No guarantee, but I guess 1.5mm for the sides and 2.00mm for top and bottom should probably work with powder coating if it's not too thick.

I think @Goatee didn't have any trouble getting the prototype from me but having the panels locally made and seeing it all come together should definitely be fun. :)

I'll try to get the drawings ready for you tomorrow and put them in the resources section. For the DIY set you can send me a PM to discuss the details.

Prototype came within 3 days. Super fast and no customs

wizard

Chassis Packer
Feb 29, 2020
I could make a customized version for you but let me finish the orders for the "normal" version first. Why not try to go for triple 30mm rads in the current version?

Of course. Mainly because I already have dual 45mm 280s and id rather pay extra for a custom order than replace both of them >_>

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Of course. Mainly because I already have dual 45mm 280s and id rather pay extra for a custom order than replace both of them >_>

Makes sense. Didn't know you already had the rads. You can just drop me a PM or join my Discord, then we can discuss about the custom version.

Reactions: Arboreal

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
3rd production status update:
  • today I started to cut the panels for your orders - I think by end of the week I can finish all metal work
  • I will make a few more cases for the first batch
  • After getting back the sample from the anodizing guys (and given the quality is good) I will send out your cases for surface treatment (no ETA yet)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
4th production status update:
  • I've finished all work on the metal parts today - so everything is on track from my side
  • Still no ETA for the anodized samples - I hate waiting but I also want to make sure the anodizing quality is OK before sending them all your cases

In the meantime I build this: a quick and dirty tight budget tripple 280mm rad setup with my R9 Fury and R5 2600 XD

This is mainly just for testing / QC purposes - so really nothing fancy...

with the pump at the front like that I can easily fill/drain the loop

I know, there is one fan missing, I only had 5 on hand... my airflow setup is: top and bottom exhaust and sides intake so that should still work fine

"officially" the side bracket is for fans, not for radiators... if you want use a radiator there, the bracket can only be fixed with 2 instead of 4 screws...

if you want to, you can also flip the PSU like that - it can get fresh air trough all those slots

the BIG560 officially only supports one top and one bottom radiator - how to get a third rad in there is up to you - custom loop for GPU and AIO for CPU is probably the easiest way :p

Last edited:

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, I just uploaded the STP (3D) files of the whole assembly for now (so you can modify the case to your liking) but I could also make a single DXF file with all panels included. Probably thats more "user friendly" if you are not familiar with CAD.

The maximum panel thickness is 2.00mm - please consider this if you want to powder coat or paint the case. Depending on the coating thickness you need to decrease the panel thickness in order to be able to get the panels in the slots. If you can get the parts anodized, you can go with 2.00mm.

I would recommend AL 5754 or better.
Every shop I talked to didn't want or understand how to use the step file lol.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Every shop I talked to didn't want or understand how to use the step file lol.
The newer DXF file that @REVOCCASES posted should make more sense.

I downloaded a free CAD file reader which opened up both resources. I can post what it is if you like, when I get to work and remember what it is!

I have sent it to one of my customers who is a sheet metal shop manager, and am waiting for a quote for a set of panels.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
2 DIY kits ordered this morning, the next case build adventure begins!

Awesome! I'll try to ship your sets within this week. Pretty excited to see your build!

PS: how do you think if we put all "DIY Edition" related posts in the DIY thread? Might be good to have all in one place there for other people who going for DIY.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@GuilleAcoustic , please feel free to move my post to the DIY thread, as it make more sense there. Probably should have put it there, too many tabs open and trying to work...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
look what the anodizing guys send me today:

overall I am satisfied with the surface quality. there are some tiny hairline scratches / small anodizing marks on some panels but nothing obvious I personally would complain about. also, you can just flip/turn the panels if one side should have a little mark or something ;)

next steps:
  • this week I will do some QC on your parts before sending them out for anodizing
  • if all parts are OK, I will send them out for surface treatment
  • no guarantee - but if all goes smooth you should be able to build your rigs with the B560 in July :)