GPU Review: Low Profile & Single Slot RTX A2000 8GB / 3050Ti 8GB from TaoBao

awc

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 10, 2024
short update: I made a custom cooler for the card, because the original one did not work well for my 2.7L MoDT build (the fan was sitting right above the PSU)

for my new cooler I used a 55mm 5V DELTA blower (NS55B06) and 12V to 5V step down module - the fan can be controlled via "FanControl" software

View attachment 3134

for the heatsink I used a 3mm copper plate, 138C solder paste and some copper fins from TaoBao - you can find them for example here (link)

I have attached the drawing of the copper plate to this post - if someone needs it

View attachment 3135

now this should work better:

View attachment 3136

some testing results:

View attachment 3132

View attachment 3133

PS: the manufacturer told me they are also working on a new cooler for their cards - this time with blower fan at the rear end, so that it can actually be used in small PCs like the Minisforum MS01 and Lenovo Tiny
I was thinking about buying one of these cards and asked about the new cooler. Apparently they can ship it with my order. I will update if I end up buying one, but I got a video of the cooler and it looks amazing. I think the fan will be adjustable too on it.

I was also told they are working on a desktop single slot low profile rtx 4060. Although apparently it has worse compatibility tho. They said they got 7600-8100 in timespy with it, which would be insane

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I was also told they are working on a desktop single slot low profile rtx 4060. Although apparently it has worse compatibility tho. They said they got 7600-8100 in timespy with it, which would be insane

yeah, their single slot low profile RTX 4060 (mobile) is currently in beta testing... it will likely use a cooler design based on my A2000m mod (I posted here before) and will have a TDP of 85 to 95W. At 70W (slot powered) the performance was kinda disapointing, so they decided to increase the wattage and use an additional power connector... guess we still need to figure out how to use this card in the MS-01 :p

some teaser pics:

mmexport1720849498166.jpg

mmexport1720849513319.jpg

mmexport1720866291136.jpg

I'll start a new thread after I got my hand on a sample ;)

go.d-bq

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2021
yeah, their single slot low profile RTX 4060 (mobile) is currently in beta testing... it will likely use a cooler design based on my A2000m mod (I posted here before) and will have a TDP of 85 to 95W. At 70W (slot powered) the performance was kinda disapointing, so they decided to increase the wattage and use an additional power connector... guess we still need to figure out how to use this card in the MS-01 :p

some teaser pics:

View attachment 3384

View attachment 3385

View attachment 3386

WoW! Where I can buy this videocard???)))

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021

some teaser pics:

View attachment 3384

View attachment 3385

View attachment 3386

Given I can run my 140W RTX A2000 from a PCIe slot, I reckon there's a few motherboards that would happily run at 85-90W from a slot... not that I'd necessarily recommend it.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

jasonho

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2024
this is certainly very encouraging :)

With this config, most 3A titles should sail smoothly on 2k resolution using dlss :)

some teaser pics:

View attachment 3384

View attachment 3385

View attachment 3386

Last edited:

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019

some teaser pics:

View attachment 3384

View attachment 3385

View attachment 3386

Sata powered? Do we know the board dimensions? This might tip me over the edge and make me buy a MS-01.

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
Sata powered? Do we know the board dimensions? This might tip me over the edge and make me buy a MS-01.
I think it has a custom single-row 8-pin connector pigtail to PCIe power. I’d wait for availability of the actual GPU before committing but that’s just me ;)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
short update concerning the drivers for the A2000 8G (also added to first post)

Using the latest, official NVIDIA drivers via *inf method:

1) go to nvidia.com and dowload the latest Laptop GPU drivers

1721964405599.png

2) extract the driver files, e.g. via 7zip
3) go to Windows Device Manager and navigate to the "unknown device / graphics adapter"
4) select update driver and click browse for drivers
5) click choose available drivers on my computer, then click Install from disk

1721964750075.png

6) navigate to folder where you downloaded the driver and unziped it, find the [Display.Driver] folder, select the first INF file
7) a list with several GPU models should pop up, scroll down to the A2000 Laptop models and choose the 3rd one from top, then click OK

1721965737287.png

8) now the driver should install
9) after reboot, go to Windows Store and install "Nvidia Control Panel"
10) done