Production RCC-BIG2 | vertical small footprint BTO case | support for 280mm AIOs or tall air coolers

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@Nero look what came in for you - finally :p

Reactions: Nero and rfarmer

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
just wanted to share one more version of the BIG2 which I made for myself:
  • GPU clearance: 340mm / 3 slots (67mm)
  • up to 6 case fans (5x 140x25mm & 1x 120x15mm)
  • 280mm AIO support
  • vertical or horizontal orientation

looks so empty with my tiny R9 Fury

still lots of space to put two more fans on the 280mm rad 😅

also the parts for htmyles came back...

I made two sets of each case, if someone would like to take one just let me know...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I think my build is a bit overcooled...

R5 2600 with slight OC won't go over 50C and my R9 Fury stays well around 60C during benchmarking with all fans set to minimum RPM XD

Now looking forward to Nero's test results... :)

Reactions: eedev and robbee

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
This project is awesome. Is there a version of the case that puts the 280mm rad opposite the GPU, so that the case is a little wider in one direction but slimmer in another?

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
You mean where the PSU is currently mounted?
That's what I initially had in mind, maybe moving over the PSU to make room for the rad on that wall, but looking at it again it seems maybe unlikely.

I love that this case supports dual 280 at 18L though! Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere else in the thread, but does the "BIG2MAX" support ATX PSUs?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
That's what I initially had in mind, maybe moving over the PSU to make room for the rad on that wall, but looking at it again it seems maybe unlikely.

I love that this case supports dual 280 at 18L though! Apologies if this was mentioned somewhere else in the thread, but does the "BIG2MAX" support ATX PSUs?
I tried that during design stage but the current layout is a bit more space efficient.

Currently it only supports SFX-L and SFX but I could make a version for ATX PSUs. This would take away some compatibility though (e.g. no top fan, less clearance for the side panel rad, ...)

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
I tried that during design stage but the current layout is a bit more space efficient.

Currently it only supports SFX-L and SFX but I could make a version for ATX PSUs. This would take away some compatibility though (e.g. no top fan, less clearance for the side panel rad, ...)

Understood. Would screw holes for an ATX PSU fit in the current designs or would the shape have to be revised?

Also, is your posting of the "Rev. 1.0" in the "resources" section the same as the build you showed in this thread on March 18th:
just wanted to share one more version of the BIG2 which I made for myself:
GPU clearance: 340mm / 3 slots (67mm)
up to 6 case fans (5x 140x25mm & 1x 120x15mm)
280mm AIO support
vertical or horizontal orientation
Or is it the BIG2MAX? I'm at a school and might be able to get access to a machine shop, so I might try to use this case as a way to learn about some of the tools there.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Understood. Would screw holes for an ATX PSU fit in the current designs or would the shape have to be revised?

Also, is your posting of the "Rev. 1.0" in the "resources" section the same as the build you showed in this thread on March 18th:

Or is it the BIG2MAX? I'm at a school and might be able to get access to a machine shop, so I might try to use this case as a way to learn about some of the tools there.

Cutout and screw holes for the PSU have to be modified. Also the position of the power switch as it would be blocked at the current position by the ATX PSU. Holes for the top fan could be removed.

The files I uploaded are for the "standard" version (my build I showed here).

If you want to make your own BIG2 case DIY: The round vent holes are easier for CNC machining. But you can also just take my files and modify to your liking. That way you can also learn a bit about CAD software.

The aluminum profiles I'm using are pretty common around here. If you can't find the exact same size, some similar ones would also do.

If you don't have access to a press brake to make the GPU bracket you can just use some loooong standoffs.

Last edited:

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Few pics of the current setup (pardon the dust, just moved everything is a bit of a mess atm)!

With the 3090FE in there currently, I also have a 6900XT MERC 319 (340mm long!) and it fits snugly but perfectly as well.

This case is so good for high performance systems. No GPU compromise, a 280mm AIO is more than enough for all high end CPUs, and the top 140mm with the elevated feet create a bit of a wind tunnel. Only thing I need to complete it is a white power button but @REVOCCASES is on it :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Few pics of the current setup (pardon the dust, just moved everything is a bit of a mess atm)!

With the 3090FE in there currently, I also have a 6900XT MERC 319 (340mm long!) and it fits snugly but perfectly as well.

This case is so good for high performance systems. No GPU compromise, a 280mm AIO is more than enough for all high end CPUs, and the top 140mm with the elevated feet create a bit of a wind tunnel. Only thing I need to complete it is a white power button but @REVOCCASES is on it :)

Nice setup! Next to that huge screen, the BIG2 looks almost tiny 😅

A bit jealous I must confess, especially that you got a RTX3090 and 6900XT 🤩

Reactions: Nero and rfarmer

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Haha because we can't travel and all I've been doing is working for months on end, now I ended up with a lot of disposable income and decided to indulge myself!

Reactions: REVOCCASES

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
What do you guys think about a version of the BIG2 with focus on watercooling / custom loops?
  • Dual 280mm rad support
  • Traditional layout without riser
  • Mounting space for reservoir / pump
  • <=20L volume
  • Open source and DIY friendly or BTO
That would be awesome! It would be great if it could be the same or smaller than an NR200, that's the nearest thing in my mind. I also wouldn't mind not having dedicated space for a pump/reservoir, because I could use a Barrow pump/block/reservoir combo, but maybe that's just me 😄
How would this one compare with the BIG2MAX?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
That would be awesome! It would be great if it could be the same or smaller than an NR200, that's the nearest thing in my mind. I also wouldn't mind not having dedicated space for a pump/reservoir, because I could use a Barrow pump/block/reservoir combo, but maybe that's just me 😄
How would this one compare with the BIG2MAX?

With an traditional (no riser) layout and aluminum extrusion profiles it's difficult to get below 18L with two "normal sized" 280mm rads plus fans. You'll also always end up with some "dead space" so my idea is to put that space to use for an reservoir plus pump (or combo).

Not tying to make the smallest ever dual 280mm rad case but something affordable with good overall compatibility.

So that would also be the main difference to the BIG2MAX where you would have to choose your custom loop components very carefully.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
  • Wow
Reactions: SquareCubedBox

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Now that we have the BIG560 - which is focused on custom loops / watercooling - I am thinking to optimize the BIG2 design for aircooling.

But before changing the design I would like to hear your opinion - this case is small quantity, build to order for the community - so your feedback is important.

The current design is meant to be a hybrid between case & open bench with a lot of holes for airflow and options to use up to 6 fans in various positions.

Current specs up for discussion:
  • 17.5L vertical / 255 x 186mm small footprint / optional horizontal position with GPU cooler facing up
  • no riser, I/O at the bottom
  • 154mm CPU cooler clearance
  • GPU clearance (overall, w/o power connectors) : 340mm long / 168mm high, 3 slots thick (67mm)
  • SFX and SFX-L power supplies
  • SSD: only M.2

Some ideas from my side:
  • remove the fan mount at the top and make space for an ATX PSU instead?
  • make the case slightly shorter but wider to increase CPU cooler clearance? NH-D15S or NH-P1 maybe?
  • use solid panels left and right - airflow front/bottom to top/rear?
  • adding support for two 2.5" (7mm) drives?
Just let me know what you think - or if you would like to see some totally different case/layout focused on aircooling.

Reactions: dieaready

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
For some reason, the bigger cases turn out to be best looking @REVOCCASES.
Certainly a focus on air cooling is the right approach. Water cooling completely changes the dimensions and arrangement.
Has anybody organized a case so that GPU fans and CPU fan all push air on the same direction? Does that make sense?