Production RCC-BIG2 | vertical small footprint BTO case | support for 280mm AIOs or tall air coolers

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
found some time today to make a first prototype of the new design.

and yeah, it is definitely quite BIG. not sure if I can still call that SFF or if it's already SFF-L 😅

• Love
Reactions: SquareCubedBox

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
It's not big enough 😅

XFX published their take on RX 6800 series cards and all their Merc319 cards are 340mm long.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
finally found some time to do a build test to show you how it looks with components assembled.

general layout:

slots for cable management:

clearance for AIO and PSU (you can flip the PSU in both directions, based on the airflow you want to achieve):

clearance for GPU:

Although the use of extruded aluminum profiles has some advantages, I probably will not continue to go ahead with this specific design. If someone is interested to obtain the prototype from me or would like me to open-source the drawings, just let me know.

Last edited:

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
This are some sad news, I would love to see a competitor to the SSUPD Mesh. Sadly this Idear did not got the attencion the SSUPD Mesh. This concept has better AiO/Watercooling compatebilities and would not have some of the PCIe riser problems with Gen4 GPUs, MBs and CPUs with gen 3 risers

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
This are some sad news, I would love to see a competitor to the SSUPD Mesh. Sadly this Idear did not got the attencion the SSUPD Mesh. This concept has better AiO/Watercooling compatebilities and would not have some of the PCIe riser problems with Gen4 GPUs, MBs and CPUs with gen 3 risers

No need to be sad. I'll keep working on alternative designs for the BIG2. Preferably also "traditional layout" without riser but using bend sheet metal parts instead of aluminum extrusion profiles. Just stay tuned.

Reactions: def and LcsWnbrg

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Looking reaaaally good! No riser SFF cases are always great to see.

Any chance a 336mm 3090 Suprim could fit in it?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
That's really good news! Your design would save me 2+ liters compared to my NR200 at the moment, I'd jump on it immediately. Let me know the cost!

If you'd like me to make one for you just join my discord or send me PM, then we can discuss the details how it shall look like.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I need to forget this or sell a a kidney.

Is in the case enough room for a D5 or DDC?

When I see what people can cramp into the T1 I would say yes. You have 16L at your disposal. Just need to figure out how to fix it somewhere.

I always try to encourage people getting creative like with my MID1 where you can mount two 180mm rads outside of the case.

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
Do you have some experiance with the cooling capability with these 180mm rads? How is the noise and at what tone? Youre making me concider to raise my buget for a build

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Do you have some experiance with the cooling capability with these 180mm rads? How is the noise and at what tone? Youre making me concider to raise my buget for a build

Silverstone AP18X fans are awesome and work pretty well with 180mm rads. Probably you can cool a Threadripper with two of them at reasonable noise levels if you get some decent rads from Alphacool (or similar). Just note that this configuration doesn't actually fit inside the BIG2. The fans are pretty thick and would stick out from the side. I was planning to do a semi passive build with a lower TDP CPU and only one top fan which would (hopefully) suck some fresh air through the rads. No idea if / how this works though 😅