Cooling Quick hands on the Cryorig Cu C7

Hudzzy

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
His automatic message on Ali Wang Wang says "i'm busy painting, i'll answer later" - all I can imagine in my head is some lonely guy in a small dark room busy painting away these little CPU coolers :D
Haha - most likely that's true, this guy is known for coating coolers with graphene. You can check his works on other coolers here:http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5057558284?red_tag=w2863019388

and his charge is pretty reasonable, 50 CNY for small & single towered cooler and 100 CNY for twin-tower like D15. The coating works better with larger coolers which has more surface, some customers claim even 10+C drop with it.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Haha - most likely that's true, this guy is known for coating coolers with graphene. You can check his works on other coolers here:http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5057558284?red_tag=w2863019388

and his charge is pretty reasonable, 50 CNY for small & single towered cooler and 100 CNY for twin-tower like D15. The coating works better with larger coolers which has more surface, some customers claim even 10+C drop with it.
Yes, his charge is reasonable for labour and parts included. I imagine, he has done a lot of the spraying and so he has accumulated enough experience to do a nice job. Aesehetics is just important as the thermal.

Reactions: Hudzzy

Hudzzy

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Yes, his charge is reasonable for labour and parts included. I imagine, he has done a lot of the spraying and so he has accumulated enough experience to do a nice job. Aesehetics is just important as the thermal.
Kudos, and I'll redo all my testings with controlled factors, both coolers (coated alu c7 and coated cu c7, both using Noctua A9x14, manually set to max fan speed) will be tested later today in same ambient room temp, all other factors will be constant (voltage, speed, testing software, paste etc,.) except the cooler. With and without side panels. Hope I can contribute something to the community :D

Reactions: InfernoZeus

Fenrir

Caliper Novice
Feb 7, 2018
I am so happy I managed to buy myself one of the graphene coated coolers before he changed the price. I had two options: wait a week for payday or use my mastercard for once, and it looks like the going for the latter has paid off :D

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I literally was an hour too late, I went to order at 5pm, got distracted, went back at 6pm and saw the price.....

Dedaciai

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2016
A couple of comments/questions:

- Great to see the C7 CU finally pop up. I thought it was going to be vaporware. And, can't wait till there are some good side-by-side comparisons with the LP53.

- Also anyone know where we can buy this graphene paint? I'd be completely OK with painting my LP53 myself if it means I can drop a few degrees C.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
- Also anyone know where we can buy this graphene paint? I'd be completely OK with painting my LP53 myself if it means I can drop a few degrees C.

Get it from Grey Whale @ Taobao. 50ml for a small cooler and 100ml for a large cooler.
https://shop112115647.world.taobao....4.w5842-17844727016.2.1fe67206LoyBIT&search=y

An airbrush is suggested to achieve an even thickness and smooth coating, I suppose. Afterall, you want it to look great.
Also, I think I remember reading this Grey Whale guy mentioning that it is better for the coating be applied to a very clean heatsink (preferably when it is still brand new) because any dirt, dust, oil or oxidation on the surface will not allow the coating to stick well. So, be sure you clean your LP53 thoroughly before the application.

Good luck and be sure to report back.

Reactions: Dedaciai

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Dumb question but does anyone have an idea about whether or when this will come to an online store with English as an option. I would much prefer to buy where I can at least read it lol.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Dumb question but does anyone have an idea about whether or when this will come to an online store with English as an option. I would much prefer to buy where I can at least read it lol.
Well, Prince William's son is learning Chinese and so is Trump's granddaughter. Maybe you can start to learn too. Never too late. lol.

OK, more seriously, may I suggest Google Translate. It is not perfect but it can get you by many times. Also, I bet the seller can speak English well in case you need to contact him directly.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I know, I know, just used to amazon and eBay. Got some time to think about it til the prices get back in line I guess.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016

Sorry for hijacking....@hudzzy