Power Supply PSU for i5-6600k & GTX 1060

HeWasAnHero

Case Bender
Original poster
Mar 8, 2018
Hello all, I'm considering moving my current build to a custom SFF case and was doing a little research on a compatible PSU. I've seen a few people saying that the HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX PSU with the HDPLEX 160W AC-DC power brick worked fine for them with similar configs. In my current system I have the i5 clocked at 4.5Ghz as well as a +150Mhz offset on the GPU core and +300Mhz on the GPU memory. I'm okay with tuning these down a little, as long as I can reach maybe 4.2Ghz on the CPU and +100Mhz on the GPU that'd be fine with me. The only other things being powered would be the CPU and GPU fans, and a single M.2 drive. If I have to stay near stock speeds with the 160W then I'd definitely want something higher powered; any suggestions on this?

Morris

Caliper Novice
Aug 9, 2017
The HDPlex 300w would be a safer bet if you have the space. I need to keep my 1060 6gb SC underclocked at about 75% with a 35w CPU using the 160w for certain games.

Reactions: Julio Espinosa

HeWasAnHero

Case Bender
Original poster
Mar 8, 2018
Gotcha, I kinda figured the 160W would be cutting it close. I'll definitely have enough space for it, and I'm not even dead set on using the internal AC-DC anyway. Thanks a lot. ;)