Concept Project VERTICAL: Small footprint - Huge airflow - Touchdisplay - 19.9 L mATX

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
I am sorry but I have to pause this project for now. I want to push my Project Hybrid and time is rare. So I hope nobody is dissapointed now. Maybe you like my new project because it was of course heavily inspired by Project Vertical (and it can stand vertical too;)):

Shame since this is such an interesting case, but Project Hybrid looks quite interesting as well

Reactions: Philairflow

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
i think you stand more custom with going with your first product design. specially now with the rise of eGPU which vendors are pushing and likes of Gigabyte making them cheaper and not liked to one vendor only design .
looks cool and nice idea though, put current laptops are pushing to same power as desktops near enough - though wish you luck on this

Philairflow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Here is a size comparison picture between DAN A4, Project Vertical and my new Project Hybrid:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It is my disappointment that Project Vertical is put on hold.
Well, I would not need a case until, maybe, H2 next year, unless something very unusual happens.
So, I have quite some time to wait on this project.

Philairflow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
I think Vertical grows with Hybrid since they share parts like LCD Controller and manufacturing process. The model of Vertical is pretty far developed and when I come back to it it should be not too difficult to finish it. At least easier than Hybrid.