Prototype Project Orthrus - Smallest SLI mATX case (V2)

Ditlan

Chassis Packer
Feb 28, 2017
Been following along with this and it looks like such a great case - really very interested in it.

Have you done any noise level testing since the table posted in post#270? I wasn't sure if you have changed your PSU since then.

Likai31197

What's an ITX?
Sep 8, 2017
This case is amazing. I've never been excited about a case design before - this is extremely competitive with modern cases. I personally need a case that is portable like this for moving between locations on a regular basis, where I need the full horsepower I can't get out of my laptop.

What is your plan for this design? Are you still making changes? If so, in what areas do you think you need to improve still?
I would absolutely love to get this, and would pay to have it made through Protocase if you feel it's in a good place right now.

I have a question, however: does the style of fan on the graphics card(s) matter for this case? I noticed the version featured on LTT was a blower design, while my 1080 Ti's are the multifan GIGABYTE variants. I would suspect that this would require modification to the intake on the side to allow for more flow, rather than a single opening for a blower intake. I would also think that this design leaves more heat to flow into the case, rather than directly out the back. What do you think?

Keep it up with this, you're onto something truly amazing here. I can't wait to hopefully own one of these!​

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Still making small changes guys.
Optimizing the case for production based on the feedback I got from Linus' video.
Areas where im improving the design are:
- No dedicated USB ports at the front
- All ports have been replaced with 3 ports that are keystone compatible (fully customizable front I/O)
- Radiator mount is integrated into the midplane
- SFX / SFX-L power supply compatibility
- Adding more 2,5" HDD mounting spaces. In total you could fit the case with 6 x 2,5" HDD's.

I'll share more details soon :)

With regards to the graphics cards. Blower style are definitely better for this design. I'm thinking the case will probably ship with solid panels that way people can take the panels to their local plastic shop and have vents cut out to their liking to support air GPU's. What do you guys think ?

If you were using 1080ti mini's i dont think you would still be able to mount 3,5" disk. There's 6 x 2,5" mounting places though.