Production Project CPR - Customizable PCI-E Riser (up to X16)

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Sorry for my stupid question, but could you explain me the different point btw your cable and gdc beast?. Since beast can connect through pcie 3.0*4 (32Gb/s) if i remember correctly, which bandwidth you can provide with this cable?
Exp GDC only in version 9.5 is able to transmit 4 lines, but for this it needs 2 hdmi cables.
In my solution, thin LVDS cables are used, each of which is capable of providing 4 lines each.

And if you compare it with EXP, it will not allow you to connect more lines, and my solution can be scaled up to 16.

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Finally got the MSI RX 560 4GB graphics card at your disposal! Not the smartest option, but the drive will come down. So far I quickly connected my PC (https://habr.com/post/398875/) to the PCI-E X4 slot via a 1 meter cable. Power is supplied by a 100w 12v LED power supply. 3 hours of operation (no gpu load) - stable flight. Gen3 on the meter holds!

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Check in offline games (The Witcher 3, World Of Tanks) did not show a significant increase in performance depending on the used PCI-E x4 gen1 bus or PCI-E x4 gen3 bus. But in the online games (Black Desert Online) the difference is quite noticeable, and with more productive components should grow even more!
PCI-E x4 gen1
min avg max
test1 5 28 51
test2 5 29 49
test3 5 29 51
PCI-E x4 gen3
min avg max
test1 7 31 56
test2 6 30 51
test3 7 31 53
https://vk.com/@cpr_project-est-li-zhizn-v-onlaine

Reactions: Windfall

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
The problem of a reliable and quick disconnect is solved! Finally, ready-adapter cards for connectors with high service life! Everything works great!
You can even build them into the case in the future!

• Love
Reactions: k0n and nick_w

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
After the publication of the article on the portal Habr received a lot of feedback and comments. So in the future I plan to make edits and further develop the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sashby

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Any update on the project?
The project did not receive much demand. But it works properly in my mini-PC with an external video card.
Although the guys involved in video coding recently made requests, they were attracted to my project by the thinnest interface cable (compared to other risers). I sent them a sample, they say it works fine ... but so far nothing more.
The plans are to make it more compact - which would correspond to the size of a single-slot card. But plans are being put off and put off.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2019
Great work. Don't give up entirely. Maybe focus on a robust coupling of M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4... that's what I think is missing on the market.

The problem of a reliable and quick disconnect is solved! Finally, ready-adapter cards for connectors with high service life! Everything works great!
You can even build them into the case in the future!

A M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 card which can be mounted inside a Notebook with a small wire which can be routed to an opening.

This is inside the 14" Ideapad 5 with Ryzen 4000. It has two M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 (2280 and 2242). As you may have heard Ryzen 4000 ('Renoir'/Zen2) is very impressive on the CPU side. The R5 4500U is only a 6C/6T the Ideapad 5 14" will be configurable up to a 8C/16T R7 4800U... I see alot of demand for eGPUs.

Last edited:

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
Great work. Don't give up entirely. Maybe focus on a robust coupling of M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4... that's what I think is missing on the market.

A M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 card which can be mounted inside a Notebook with a small wire which can be routed to an opening.

This is inside the 14" Ideapad 5 with Ryzen 4000. It has two M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 (2280 and 2242). As you may have heard Ryzen 4000 ('Renoir'/Zen2) is very impressive on the CPU side. The R5 4500U is only a 6C/6T the Ideapad 5 14" will be configurable up to a 8C/16T R7 4800U... I see alot of demand for eGPUs.

So under M2 there is a working version of the riser) On the previous pages there is an example of connection.