Production PRIME. CNC Milling PC case

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
Original poster
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
These are exactly my thoughts too.

If you look at the pictures posted in this thread, I think you would only need to add two holes, tops. It takes 3 screws to mount a typical Flex PSU. I don't know the current distance between the holes, but it may already be aligned with 2 of them.
We already provided additional holes on top and bottom of the case for fixing custom PSUs. I'll reply with drawings little bit later.

FredHamley

Chassis Packer
Dec 24, 2017
We already provided additional holes on top and bottom of the case for fixing custom PSUs. I'll reply with drawings little bit later.
Nice! I say this because if that is possible (with full size/reference GPU support) it'll be more accessible to the general market. It's a beautiful case, but comparing it to DAN or Ghost S1, GPU support is limited.

I love the design though... Would there be any chance of having a 240mm radiator version? ;D

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
Original poster
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Any plans for a Silver/White version? It'd make a beautiful Hackintosh.
We made samples in Silver and Champagne colors as well, and found that Black is much more preferred for this design. Champagne is OK too, but we'll going with Champagne to Chines market this year. They like it :thumb:

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
I ordered a black Prime in November and it arrived today. The unit was well packaged and came through in perfect condition.

This thing is a real "looker"!

This photo does not do justice to product. A must see, and you may fall in love again.

Neil

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I agree - im sure it looks much nicer in person. their quality is really well done. any pics of the interior?

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
This case looks more appropriate in corporate and Enterprise environments. And it's profile makes it look very tall in pictures. I think it's the long repeating vertical lines.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
@neilhart how is the thickness of the top panel and what does the underside like?

And how is the mother board tray?

These are the 2 details that I couldn't make out from just the pictures.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
I agree - im sure it looks much nicer in person. their quality is really well done. any pics of the interior?

No I have not had time to open up the new case. I am in the middle of finishing a i9-9900k scratch build and toying with idea of installing those parts into the Prime.

For now I have the Prime setting on my display shelf between my Ghost S1 and my Dan A4 SFX v3.

Neil

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Beautiful case!

Should deserves more care though!
Looking at the guy holding it with one hand from the top or playing with it like a ball made me

Reactions: LUNA Design

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Beautiful case!

Should deserves more care though!

I bought one and have been accumulating parts to go into it. I can attest that the build is SOLID. The side, front, and back panels combine to make a very rigid case.

Ryzen 3000 + Nvidia Super are the 2 items I'm waiting on now.

Reactions: rfarmer

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
On my opinion, yes, Ryzen 5 3600 is the best choice for it, but better waiting for the exact tests in July. Also, new Radeon Graphics...
I'll probably nab the 3700X. 8 cores, 16 thread, only 65W, and room to overclock. :D

As much as I love AMD, both of their new GPUs come with 8+6 pins. They are going to be hot, which means big coolers. I doubt they will launch an ITX model any time soon. Meanwhile, Gigabyte will almost certainly launch an ITX version of the 2060 Super and 2070 Super.

Reactions: NateDawg72

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
This build is almost complete. Would have liked a Cryorig C7 CU but they are almost impossible to come by. Wiring by ModDyi.. The original PCI riser cable was defective, artifacts and random reboots, had to go with a Thermaltake, big bucks... I5 8th gen. 16 GB of ram had a Noctua 15mm on CPU HS but I could not stand the flesh color... Back to back M.2's TOO HOT. Runs at 35C approx. M.2 single is at 42C. Dual Boot Win 10 Pro 1903 and Mojave 10.14.5 on 1TB Crucial on floor. Tried to get WiFI to work with Mac OS no go with CNVI slot even with adapter, even though others have used a Dell branded Broadcom/Apple card and had good results primarily on Asus boards. Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX570. Wanted to put 15mm fan on floor in the back but MB plate interferes as it mounts to floor in the back. MB plate could be cut to allow space but it would need a custom bracket to the back for stability. I do not know if the fan would really help temps. M.2 cover is extremely hot to touch and a fan mounted M.2 aluminum retainer might help. Note 15mm on the floor would hit riser cable replacement as it is longer than factory Luna. It would need a 92mm screen protector.