Production PRIME. CNC Milling PC case

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
Original poster
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
... The original PCI riser cable was defective, artifacts and random reboots ...
Could you tell me how the riser was packed? Like in the picture or in single pack? Any visible damage to the riser? Thanks.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Could you tell me how the riser was packed? Like in the picture or in single pack? Any visible damage to the riser? Thanks.

Like in the picture. Bends still have to be made for final install, but no bends in the cable as shipped directly from you, as DNK banned me, as their PayPal purchase button does not return to vendor page and generate a receipt. I pushed the Paypal button a second time which did the same thing, so I was worried no purchase was made. I checked my PayPal account and I had 2 purchases. Btw I was on the original preorder list and you canceled that order as there were manufacturing delays before the ordering was reopened. I called PayPal immediately after the 2 case order error and told them to cancel the 2nd case order, They said they would, and I told them they needed to tell DNK, to generate a receipt after a PayPal purchase of a Prime case was completed. I waited till the end of the day and no change had taken place in my PayPal account. So I initiated a hard dispute for the 2nd case purchase to be refunded. DNK canceled both orders. I emailed them and they said I cheated them, and I was banned. I emailed you directly about this problem and you said this was NOT fixable even though I had purchased 3 Luna Designs Thin ITX cases from you previously. You said, however, you could send direct from you, which you did, but I am still banned from the main site unless I get a friend to purchase for me. None the less, I am Happy. This build is for a good friend. Kind of a present...

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
It looks good!

What PSU cable lengths did you go with?
Sorry, I thought you meant the replacement Thermaltake PCIE riser cable 300mm. Cable lengths are custom here they are for PS:
1 x Professional Tailor Made SilverStone Custom Sleeved Modular Cable Kit
Premium Silver Wire (no sleeving)
Order Instructions/Comments

This is very IMPORTANT: this build is going in a Luna-Designs Prime case. The main cables for this small form factor SFXL POWER SUPPLY have to be custom lengths. https://luna-design.org/prime
24 pin power: 16cm from connector end to the connector end.
PCI-E VIDEO 28cm end to end. 8 pins to 8 pins connector.
PCI CPU power 24cm end to end. 8 pins to 8 pins.

Last edited:

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
What's your M.2 and ambient temperature?
WD BLACK SN750 500 GB ON TOP AND SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 (ALL NVME) was in its place and portion is now reverse and the 960 was removed. both exhibited the same 42C... until a load was applied. Temps for drives not under load are about 37C, even the crucial SSD on the floor when booted into windows on the WD M.2 runs at 37C. Ambient between 70 and 75 F. GPU is about 42 unless you run Furmark then it's about 62 with the full fan rpm. The Thermaltake is better then the factory Luna PCIE riser as the ribbons are split so some hot air can escape from the backside M.2 but I just felt it was too hot to leave in place even with the new cable as the GPU is generating heat from the PCB which essentially lays between the card and the Motherboard support plate. If this was I3 build or smaller it would be a different issue especially when the Ambients are higher where I live.

Last edited:
Reactions: aneker and ignsvn

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Working on cooling, Cryorig C7 Black coming, see added 40mm fans over M.2. 3D printed bracket off Ebay. Temps a little lower now..

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
No not now, it looks like the tariffs got Alek, and Taiwan contingent is counting their New Taiwan dollars more carefully. You might try emailing Aleksandr...

Reactions: DmanX