Production PRIME. CNC Milling PC case

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
maybe it can appeal to more people if it were to allow longer cards (or near full length ~300mm). I dig the fins
But i really don't see a way to do that without incresing the size of it leaving "empty spaces" or totaly changing the aesthetics of the case.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
I own 5 plastic and 14 machined aluminum DNK cases and love them. Quality and finish is perfect.

I’d imagine this to be same.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
We provide some updates about final design and put them to the first post.
Hello, UFO. How to update the status of the project to "COMPLETED"?

COMPLETED is for case projects (design, fabrication, distribution) that are completely finished and not producing any cases any more. If cases are being produced at the manufacturer (after finishing prototyping and design refinements), I recommend you change it to PRODUCTION :)

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Could you post more pictures of the psu at the front of the case? If a DC-DC power supply is used, I think you could get away with a longer graphics card.

Great project, btw. I really like the looks of this.

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
Original poster
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Could you post more pictures of the psu at the front of the case? If a DC-DC power supply is used, I think you could get away with a longer graphics card.
If using passive PSU with PICOPSU instead of SFX, the maximum GPU length is 250mm

Last edited:

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
Original poster
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Now, I'm excited. Could that center metal work to mount a flex PSU vertically? Something like
https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/
It's 170 mm long; the height of your case leads me to believe that it will fit.
If 170mm includes the connectors and cables - yes, it's will fit. There's 190mm free space for PSU, AC socket (11mm) and wires.

P.S.
What do you think about Flex ATX PSUs? Does they noisy with the half load? Is they OK for 8700 and 1060 GTX configurations? We have no experience with Flex ATX PSUs...

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I don't have much experience with Flex ATX PSUs. I found this and am considering the 500 watt platinum version
https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

It's more than you can get with a PICO PSU. In my next build, I want to power either a RTX 2070 or the rumored RX 3080 from AMD. I have no idea how short the 3080's will be, but there are 2 models of the 2070 that will fit with 180mm clearance. The Flex PSU would give me more options.

P.S. According to your dimensions, these right angle connectors would make everything fit.
https://www.moddiy.com/products/PCI...e-GPU-Power-Cable-(8%2dPin-Down%2dAngle).html

FredHamley

Chassis Packer
Dec 24, 2017
Hi @LUNA.
Wondering if you tried the Flex PSU? I would love to have a 1080ti mini in this case!

edit: a flex atx psu would be mounted towards the CPU side, allowing 40mm of space to the GPU side, allowing cards up to the end of the case... (280mm?)

Perhaps an additional option - changing the mount atop the case to fit the flex atx. That would make this case an instant buy

Last edited:

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Hi @LUNA.
Wondering if you tried the Flex PSU? I would love to have a 1080ti mini in this case!

edit: a flex atx psu would be mounted towards the CPU side, allowing 40mm of space to the GPU side, allowing cards up to the end of the case... (280mm?)

Perhaps an additional option - changing the mount atop the case to fit the flex atx. That would make this case an instant buy

These are exactly my thoughts too.

If you look at the pictures posted in this thread, I think you would only need to add two holes, tops. It takes 3 screws to mount a typical Flex PSU. I don't know the current distance between the holes, but it may already be aligned with 2 of them.