Prototyping Oki-Doki : a GPU bifurcation and watercooling dedicated case, from 9 to 14L

BaK

Airflow Optimizer
May 17, 2016
Otherwise, the sheet-metal prototype is becoming a reality !!
This is the raw case without back and IO panels assembled.
Awesome!
It looks so neat I wouldn't call this a prototype!

Is it a pic from a China factory? (because of the chopsitcks on top ; )
Did you made all the design by yourself or did the manufacturer help you respecting the norms, tools limit, etc.?
Do you dare telling us the price range btw?

Reactions: aquelito

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Ahah this is indeed from a Chinese workshop, which is 5X time cheaper than Protocase (I kid you not).

No more threaded cubes and raw laser-cut panels :)
I've drawned the case in Rhino, with only two rules in mind (minimum bending radius and minimum holes distance from the edges).

I then sent the 3D file directly to their engineer.
They check the validity of your design then make the 2D drawings from your 3D file.

You don't pay for that service, which is great.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Ahah it might be a fun venture to sell a few units bundled with a riser if there is enough demand.
But clearly I haven't worked on the visibility of this product at all.

Would be great to have someone from the staff writing a piece presenting all the custom cases designed by the forum members.
@PlayfulPhoenix

BTW, I just changed the name of the project, as Adibou was a commercial name from the 90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sashby and maslygan

maslygan

Cable Smoosher
Jun 1, 2019
Ahah it might be a fun venture to sell a few units bundled with a riser if there is enough demand.
But clearly I haven't worked on the visibility of this product at all.

I just changed the name of the project, as Adibou was a commercial name from the 90s.

Would be great to have someone from the staff writing a piece presenting all the custom cases designed by the forum members.
@PlayfulPhoenix
I like the new name haha :D How much did the prototype cost from china?

Reactions: aquelito