Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
According to the v1.1 update they added bottom fan support and moved the PSU mounting higher for fan support so my guess is a full 25mm fan. @Nouvolo will know for sure.

You could fit a full 25mm thick fan under the PSU in the 1.0, but it was tough with the extra stiff cables that come with the corsair SFX line. I swapped mine for a 15mm slim fan for ease of installation, but with individually sleeved cables the 25mm would have fit easily.

With the 1.1 having a higher mounted PSU, I imagine that full size 120's should be even easier.

Reactions: rfarmer

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
You could fit a full 25mm thick fan under the PSU in the 1.0, but it was tough with the extra stiff cables that come with the corsair SFX line. I swapped mine for a 15mm slim fan for ease of installation, but with individually sleeved cables the 25mm would have fit easily.

With the 1.1 having a higher mounted PSU, I imagine that full size 120's should be even easier.
Wonderful! :)

Also I got a reply from /u/danto18 on Reddit for those 3d printed feet I had posted about!

Mordr3d

Efficiency Noob
Aug 23, 2019
Hey , Thanks for the tip ! Just ordered the Shuriken 3 for it's ram compatibility and an additional 120mm fan and will see how it goes from there with just the base unit :)

Does anyone have the ideal measurements for the cables ? (24/8/6/Molex and SATA) I've found a store on aliexpress that do complete custom work for an excellent price and seem to have good reviews so figured I'd give them a shot . It's called 'WinKool Store' in case anyone was curious .

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey , Thanks for the tip ! Just ordered the Shuriken 3 for it's ram compatibility and an additional 120mm fan and will see how it goes from there with just the base unit

Does anyone have the ideal measurements for the cables ? (24/8/6/Molex and SATA) I've found a store on aliexpress that do complete custom work for an excellent price and seem to have good reviews so figured I'd give them a shot . It's called 'WinKool Store' in case anyone was curious .
If you check this link @Nouvolo gives cable measurements.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Do you guys think I could fit a 120mm radiator under the PSU? Since it fits a full size fan and people have modded the PSU bracket to make the 645lt work (posted on Reddit, and probably here too) so theoretically the height is possible. But just wondering if I could make this work for the CPU. I have a 240mm aio for my GPU already and started thinking that I might be able to make it fit. I'd be fine using an aio, but modifying the radiator(swapping it out to one that would fit better) and modifying the tube lengths. It doesnt seem too difficult and I trust my ability to do it, just wondering if it would fit. Maybe with the end tank facing the CPU and custom fittings(if I use a different radiator) and short tubes to the CPU.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Do you guys think I could fit a 120mm radiator under the PSU? Since it fits a full size fan and people have modded the PSU bracket to make the 645lt work (posted on Reddit, and probably here too) so theoretically the height is possible. But just wondering if I could make this work for the CPU. I have a 240mm aio for my GPU already and started thinking that I might be able to make it fit. I'd be fine using an aio, but modifying the radiator(swapping it out to one that would fit better) and modifying the tube lengths. It doesnt seem too difficult and I trust my ability to do it, just wondering if it would fit. Maybe with the end tank facing the CPU and custom fittings(if I use a different radiator) and short tubes to the CPU.
Biggest problem is the Steck is only 145mm wide, most 120mm AIO are over 150mm. Most are over 154mm.

bt3k

Case Bender
Aug 25, 2019
I hadn't had a lot of time to post here, but I was working with Allhopeforhumanity on his design for the slim tophat. My printer was not big enough to print in one piece, but I was able to print in two pieces and after V2, it fit pretty well. I can't speak to what a full, one piece print would fit like, so YMMV depending on printer tolerances and whatnot.

I'm in the process of building a large format 350x350mm printer which will be able to print this in one piece, so looking forward to that some time in late Sept-Oct

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I hadn't had a lot of time to post here, but I was working with Allhopeforhumanity on his design for the slim tophat. My printer was not big enough to print in one piece, but I was able to print in two pieces and after V2, it fit pretty well. I can't speak to what a full, one piece print would fit like, so YMMV depending on printer tolerances and whatnot.

I'm in the process of building a large format 350x350mm printer which will be able to print this in one piece, so looking forward to that some time in late Sept-Oct

Looks great! I've been thinking about how to match the finish of the powder coated aluminum on plastic cheaply. Anyone else have any experience with that?

On another note, @Nouvolo I saw that the 1.1 is now available to order. Have you put together any photos of the differences between it and the 1.0 that you might be able to share?

Reactions: Poblopuablo

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
On another note, @Nouvolo I saw that the 1.1 is now available to order. Have you put together any photos of the differences between it and the 1.0 that you might be able to share?

As all updates do not affect the external of the case, I have not taken photos of this version. The photos in the website should still be a good representation of the product.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

Would these magnets work? I'm thinking of getting them but haven't had time to measure the thickness of the original magnets since I've been gone, and wanted them to arrive when I get back into town. Could someone check for me :)

1/16" thick.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@Nouvolo
someone in sffpc /r is asking if you are accepting shipping or if the free shipping should include India
Thanks for let me know. Yea, I received an email also about India and I replied the guy already.

Please note that I consciously try not post too much on reddit, and to let the community have their discussions, unless there is specific requests directed to u/nouvolo. You can see the lack of posts from all other vendors also, at least official ones.

Last edited:

Benc

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
Just registered as I ordered one as soon as I saw they were available again! Just hope the customs and what not isn't too expensive!

With the revision 1.1 will it be easier to fit a sfx-l power supply such as https://www.scan.co.uk/products/500...sli-crossfire-single-rail-40a-plus12v-1x120mm

I like the idea of the larger fan and also the cheaper cost tbh, but I'm not sure if the fitment will be possible or if there are any other downsides?