Cooling Noctua "Black Out" Chromax Line

Abbie Doobie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 1, 2017
Slightly shorter, and improved, NH-C14S.... oh my! Maybe I won't need to hunt down an original NH-C14 for my Ncase anymore!!!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Nah, black Noctua is no Noctua to my heart. I'll call those No-ctua

OK. I LOLed at this one. Hilarious!

To this day I open my Cerb X build to show it and some non "computer" person will comment something like "eww those fans..." and I reply "ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!" When you see the coffee and cream you know those are the the good stuff! Remove yourself from my field of vision peasant!

Okay maybe not quite so dramatic but I'm definitely thinking along those lines.. :cool:

PS. the blackout coolers and fans look AMAZING though!

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
In case anyone was wondering, I reached out to Noctua about the prototype NH-L9x65. The rep that responded said, "We're still in the early development stages of this cooler so unfortunately there is no ETA yet. However, it's save (sp: safe) to say that it will definitely not be released in 2018."

Maybe they'll have a blackout version of it...

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, I'm actually picking up an OG c14 soon LOL, it's yours if you want it

I loved my NH-C14 (original). I don't use it at the moment since I moved to a 35W CPU. Been using it with an i5-4570, single fan fitted blowing upward.

@Damascus @GuilleAcoustic

Either of these available for purchase (or, possible trade for a Corsair SF600 SFX PSU)...?!?

Please let me know...!

@confusis

Possibility for SFFN to reach out to Noctua regarding making the next-gen C14 5mm shorter (to allow for more "Big Air" NCASE M1 builds)...?!?

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Well, the M1 is quoted as having 130mm clearance with the side bracket. Removing the side bracket gives you another 5mm or so (I sold my M1 so can't measure right now :p) Fan would be up against the side panel though :/

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, the M1 is quoted as having 130mm clearance with the side bracket. Removing the side bracket gives you another 5mm or so (I sold my M1 so can't measure right now :p) Fan would be up against the side panel though :/

The side bracket is needed for dual 120x25mm intake fans (one feeding the CPU heat sink, one feeding the upper chamber)...

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Ah, I see. The way I used mine, I never had the side bracket installed!

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
The side bracket is needed for dual 120x25mm intake fans (one feeding the CPU heat sink, one feeding the upper chamber)...

Easy solution for that, make a simple fan to fan mount and then attach both to the air cooler in the same orientation as normal