NFC S4 Mini #315 - MULT1700L (aka multitool)

veganzombiez

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2018
Looks like there might be enough room to remove the fan connector. Wonder if it'd be better to leave this fan, or use the bracket + dual 92mm Noctua fans.

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Looks like there might be enough room to remove the fan connector. Wonder if it'd be better to leave this fan, or use the bracket + dual 92mm Noctua fans.
if you try overclocking it then the dual noctua might be more efficient. but the way we use it, the stock fan is really good.

rokabeka

Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Are you still getting coil whine?

ohyeah :) I have not yet spent any time on reducing it. the free version of DaVinci Resolve does not use GPU as much (or as efficiently) as games, so coilwhine is not that bad there.
I think I will play a bit with checking coilwhine at different power limits of the card but 150W vs 130W did not give me significant improvement there.

Reactions: Biowarejak

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 26, 2018
Hey really enjoyed reading the thread

So did you ended up using the phantek+12mm scythe fan or went with nictua L9i?

rokabeka

Original poster
Jul 9, 2016
Hey really enjoyed reading the thread

So did you ended up using the phantek+12mm scythe fan or went with nictua L9i?
thank you.
the phantek did not work out. it was close tho :) I still did not give up on fitting a bit larger heatsink because a nice cut out can look really good on the side panel. I can both immagine a square one for the phantek or a round one for the stock wraith spire...

Reactions: Biowarejak