Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
The second take looks good, the first didn't work for me. But IMO you really need to tweak the dimensions of the front, as the way it extends above the top of the rest of the case kind of ruins it to me. Otherwise it's really well executed though, and definitely has the potential to integrate well into the overall design!
Thanks for the feedback! Gotta agree with you. Really liked the first take in theory, but didn't really work after all. I've already tweaked the dimensions a little bit, made it a bit wider and reduced the height. I'll print the next revision over the weekend, let's see! Glad you like it.

Advokatrix

Average Stuffer
Dec 29, 2017
Any info, when the Densium 4 v2 will be back in stock???
There was one left to buy but when I wanted to place my order, someone was faster than me. Really unlucky with christmas being around the corner :(

Last edited:

RedSawn

Caliper Novice
Feb 18, 2022
Had my Densium v2 and Enhance PSU sitting around for months, finally imported a MSI AERO ITX 3060ti from Japan in October/November and finally finally managed to grab the MSI B650I EDGE board. Been fully operational for a week or so now. Put the side panels on a while after this (was still working things out at that point)

Went with the 7700X and there's a 2TB SSD scrunched up behind the front panel. Heatsink is the black Thermalright AXP-90x36 using the case fan version of the Noctua A9x14. I thought I was going to have an issue with the custom cut SATA power cable (they gave me a right angle connector when I thought I'd be putting the SSD underneath the CPU, but the heatsink is actually too low for that) but it turned out to be perfect for my improvisation. Still plan to recolour the front panel to black but I do have something to show, so might as well.

So my experience so far:
  • Maybe because of the SSD or maybe not, but I had the the issue where the GPU pokes out a bit and the fan would make contact with the side panel. Got some leftover sticky foam pads from RC racing though, one in the top corner solved that
  • My front USB C doesn't work, the overcurrent protection thing. Tried the washers, couldn't get that to work. When the front panel comes off for repainting I'll make an effort to get that working, but right now I've got all the ports I need on the back, so it's just sitting there unplugged for the time being
  • I've currently got the CPU set to a 45W PBO. 65W isn't bad either, just saw the temps close to my set thermal limit of 90 when playing a game and doing android emulation at the same time. Figured video rendering would be a worse load, so tuned it down for that. No crashing there either, and the heat is manageable too. It still beats my manually undervolted 3800X by minimum 31% at 45W (40% at 65W), and it'd probably do better if I let the fans run louder
  • My curve optimiser is set to -30 all cores. Didn't expect it to work with all of the talk about it, but I've encountered zero stability errors, even while doing short blasts with Prime95 on each core. Video rendering will be my big test (have not tried it yet) Video rendering was fine too, very comfortable right now, might even see if I can push the voltage even lower somehow
  • I can't get the memory to overclock at all. I've always had issues with activating XMP and shit breaking, but manually doing it on my previous (ASUS) boards seemed to work fine. But right now any time I try it gets stuck posting for minutes and minutes until I finally just clear the CMOS. Every time I do I have to load my OC profile again, which saves that I've enabled PBO but none of my values. Kind of annoying, that. RAM appears to be defective. My PC started crashing once I started playing intensive games, finally tracked it back to the RAM using Memtest. It failed the random test constantly until I pushed the voltage up from stock, even though it's still running stock frequency. So it both can't overclock and can't run at regular settings.

Last edited:

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
What are people's thoughts on the news of a potentially SFF friendly short PCB 220W TDP 4060TI?

Anyone have hope that it will fit into a Densium 4+ v2?

I'm guesstimating the absolute best we can hope for is ~225-230mm length. Maybe a waterblocked 215-220mm option, but we'd still need a 240mm radiator friendly case.

Time will tell, (speculated release around April I think) but I also haven't been encouraged by the speculation that we won't be seeing much better than 3060ti performance. With the massively delayed 40-series, the least they could do is guarantee solid 3070ti-3080 performance for 3060ti retail.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
What are people's thoughts on the news of a potentially SFF friendly short PCB 220W TDP 4060TI?

I'm guesstimating the absolute best we can hope for is ~225-230mm length. Maybe a waterblocked 215-220mm option, but we'd still need a 240mm radiator friendly case.

Time will tell, (speculated release around April I think) but I also haven't been encouraged by the speculation that we won't be seeing much better than 3060ti performance. With the massively delayed 40-series, the least they could do is guarantee solid 3070ti-3080 performance for 3060ti retail.
Well, a short pcb means very little, a 3090 and a 4080 also have a short pcb. The 220 watt powerdraw likely means you'll see two fan coolers at best. And with everyone re-using cooler and shrouddesigns I don't think you'll find anything smaller than the smaller 3070's in circulation.

Personally i'm hoping for a single fan asrock 7600xt or a powercolor fighter 220mm 7700xt. That last one might fit in the first 4+ versions with the different front panel mounting.

Last edited:

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com

My biggest problem with this generation of cards is the 16-Pin Gen5 / 12VHPWR connector which is going from top to bottom and even the low-end cards will receive it. That will restrict the possibilities in SFF cases dramatically! :(

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
My biggest problem with this generation of cards is the 16-Pin Gen5 / 12VHPWR connector which is going from top to bottom and eben the low-end cards will receive it. That will restrict the possibilities in SFF cases dramatically! :(

A 180 degree adapter might work in the Densium 4+ if the power connector is at the end of the card and not behind the motherboard.

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
A 180 degree adapter might work in the Densium 4+ if the power connector is at the end of the card and not behind the motherboard.

Angled adapters are just a part of the solution, cause the main cable is still stiff and not able to bend that well...and those angled adapters are not coming before February 2023 🥲 and will cost way to much as its niche of niche. Guess my RTX 3060 Ti AERO ITX was a good decision last year...

Reactions: sos

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Welp, based on the latest Nvidia decisions regarding their direction on the 40-series, I've decided to skip it entirely. Choosing to pick up an RTX A4000, and go the replacement cooler route.
So given all that, now I need a Densium 4.... 👀
@Densium.net any guessstimates on stock replenishment? No expectations of hard dates, but knowing if it's 6 weeks, or 6 months away, would be helpful.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Welp, based on the latest Nvidia decisions regarding their direction on the 40-series, I've decided to skip it entirely. Choosing to pick up an RTX A4000, and go the replacement cooler route.
So given all that, now I need a Densium 4.... 👀
@Densium.net any guessstimates on stock replenishment? No expectations of hard dates, but knowing if it's 6 weeks, or 6 months away, would be helpful.
I think I'll be ordering a new batch in Februrary that will take roughly 2 months to finish

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
sixpack628,
In the Densium Apu thread this was the last thing posted.

"Received an update from Audun yesterday:

"The case is continuing being worked on until the chinese spring festival (January 23rd) and then they'll be on holiday for the next 2 weeks. Based on my information from supplier, I think it's unlikely the case will be finished before then.

We're looking at it being finished in February."

Last edited:
Reactions: Arboreal

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
sixpack628,
In the Densium Apu thread this was the last thing posted.

"Received an update from Audun yesterday:

"The case is continuing being worked on until the chinese spring festival (January 23rd) and then they'll be on holiday for the next 2 weeks. Based on my information from supplier, I think it's unlikely the case will be finished before then.

We're looking at it being finished in February."
There was this update later (as of Jan 29):
My supplier is now back from holiday and are available to talk again.

Sadly, my supplier has estimated the project to take a further 3 more weeks, and will then need 1 more week to be processed in the warehouse.

They are still catching up with their orders after the covid restrictions at the end of last year, and since I'm a small vendor I get low priority.

I'm sorry it turned out this way, I know you might have sourced parts for your build already, and are eager to build. The circumstances have been very unfortunate and unpredictable.

Regards,
Audun
Which realistically gives another 2 weeks minimum before things start shipping.

SheiUn

Case Bender
New User
Nov 7, 2022
Hi I ordered the Densium 4+ V2 at 11/11/2022, and last time I got the response from Audun was 23 Jan I was informed the package would be shipped after the holiday but it is nearly a month and I didn't get any other updates since that day is anyone know the current status?

axl19

SFF.Amateur
Bronze Supporter
New User
Feb 12, 2023
Hi! Is the Densium guy still alive? I'm still waiting my PSU and he's not replying to any of my emails. Quite frustrating...