Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
For those of you with USB-C issues and those who have yet to build in your Densium case. Audun sent me a suggestion that resolved my problems with the port on the front panel. Before you assemble the case or if assembled already, remove your front panel and cover the exposed electronics on the USB-C plug with an insulator. I used black electrical tape and it solved my problem. Photo courtesy of Audun.

wilsonn8

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2020
For those of you with USB-C issues and those who have yet to build in your Densium case. Audun sent me a suggestion that resolved my problems with the port on the front panel. Before you assemble the case or if assembled already, remove your front panel and cover the exposed electronics on the USB-C plug with an insulator. I used black electrical tape and it solved my problem. Photo courtesy of Audun.
after photo? i just covered mine with some tape while building, seems to cause an issue with usb current overflow detected during first boot up, and worked after i unplugged

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
after photo? i just covered mine with some tape while building, seems to cause an issue with usb current overflow detected during first boot up, and worked after i unplugged
I place a piece of black electrical friction tape lengthwise over the red area, and then one layer wrapped around the cable to hold things snug. I had the same problem with USB current overload, it went away after applying the tape. I didn't think to snap an after photo.

wilsonn8

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2020
I place a piece of black electrical friction tape lengthwise over the red area, and then one layer wrapped around the cable to hold things snug. I had the same problem with USB current overload, it went away after applying the tape. I didn't think to snap an after photo.
aye worked now, i covered with much more tape!

gpu fan hitting the case panels! some wrong alignments somewhere!? ugh.

edit: nvm, saw a an ealier post to paste some stick on rubber pieces, worked!

Last edited:

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
To the Densium 4+ v1 users here: has anyone tried cramling a GPU with 228 mm lenght inside? It has some tolerance to go past 222mm, but not a lot. I have the option of getting a cheap 6700 non xt Fighter model with 228 mm lenght. Would be epic if it squeezed in!

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Just wanted to post some humorous photos of what I have been building for the past week. My boss asked me to build a computer for his 8-year-old grandson for a Christmas gift. I made a lot of suggestions to build a small form factor pc and appropriate components for his grandson. The boy's only requirements were to have a gaming PC with RGB lighting. Well, my boss disregarded pretty much every suggestion I made, and he got what my son and I call the monstrosity. Anyone who has seen what I have built over the years here would know this case is definitely not my style. I have built an Ncase M1, Silverstone FTZ01, J-Hack Pure MK1, Sliger SV590, Sliger S620, FormD T1, Densium 4+ and a Densium 4+ version 2. All of which are still in my family. I have quite the addiction. This beast is way to much for his grandson and belongs in the space inefficiency thread. It is a Corsair icue 5000x. and is 52cm H x 52cm D x24.5cm W. I hope you all get a good laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: jaro and rfarmer

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
There's no courier charge for prepaying VAT because Overtek charges it, but afaik any purchase above 150 euros worth will have import duties to the EU. Can't say for sure though as I haven't bought the case.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! :)
I just wanted to share my stream announcement:

In the stream I will be live building inside the Densium 4 V2 for the first time. I will stream this friday (21.10.2022) arround 4pm CET (german time) and I will put a RTX 3060 Ti AERO ITX in that case, together with the Overtek 600W FLEX PSU. :) Feel free to join, even if the community is german, I will answer questions and am able to reply in english.

Big thanks to @Densium.net for the amazing work!

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
You mean https://www.overtek.co.uk/ ? The ship from UK and UK is not in EU - it means that I have to pay VAT + duty, it means +28%
If there is a reseller in EU, I'm really interested then.
1. No duty. There are no import duties on computer parts providing the seller allocates the correct tariff / HS code ie 8504403000 or 85044030 for a computer psu. This has been the case since 1997. One current exception, goods from Russia or Belarus are subject to 35% duty in many countries

2. If seller a is IOSS, like overtek, you will pay VAT up front at your country rate if the amount is 150euro or less. If above that amount then you will pay no vat up front and it will be handled by the delivery service/courier. They will charge you a vat deferment fee along with vat due.

If a seller outside EU is not IOSS you will pay VAT and deferement fee for any amount.
If customs judge a declared value to low they can decide to asses its value, unless you can prove otherwise.

So in short IOSS avoids the deferment fee, varies by country usually around 12 euros, for orders under 150euro

The EU moved in July 2021 iirc to collect vat regardless of value. So all big ecommerce selling into EU have to do IOSS, including aliexpress. This was to A collect more VAT and B have a more level playing for business in the EU as they have to charge VAT. hence the no duty no vat for 22euro or less was dropped.

mikefize

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2022
After not finding the time for it over the summer, I've recently come back to designing a custom front panel for the OG Densium 4 V1. I wanted to include a 80mm front fan, a card reader for SD and CFexpress and USB A and C. After some failed attempts at working with metal or wood, I've settled for a 3D printed base with a wooden front.
There's still quite a few issues to iron out, looks are also not there yet, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the first 3D printed prototype.

What do you guys think? Suggestions? Ideas?

Edit: Slightly different take. Wired up card reader and ports. Getting there!

Last edited:

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
@Densium.net ENP-7660b and PCIe 4.0 riser are sold out for a long time is there any prediction about restocking?
I just can't wait to buy it. Thanks.
The Enhance 7660b is now back in stock, but had to increase the price sadly - The PCIe risers will be back in stock around the same time as the new batch of Densium 4+ arrive at the warehouse at the beginning of next month.

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
Great to see a case with proper hdplex gan support. The upcoming APU version looks almost perfect. Would love to see a more portable version with just GaN and LP cooler support down the line, like the plus version but minus...

Also had a question, what's the weight of these cases? Couldn't find the info on the official site. Thanks.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
After not finding the time for it over the summer, I've recently come back to designing a custom front panel for the OG Densium 4 V1. I wanted to include a 80mm front fan, a card reader for SD and CFexpress and USB A and C. After some failed attempts at working with metal or wood, I've settled for a 3D printed base with a wooden front.
There's still quite a few issues to iron out, looks are also not there yet, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the first 3D printed prototype.

What do you guys think? Suggestions? Ideas?

Edit: Slightly different take. Wired up card reader and ports. Getting there!

The second take looks good, the first didn't work for me. But IMO you really need to tweak the dimensions of the front, as the way it extends above the top of the rest of the case kind of ruins it to me. Otherwise it's really well executed though, and definitely has the potential to integrate well into the overall design!