Has anyone tried a NZXT Kraken G12 with Asetek 545LC to cool GPU?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
So I was just pottering around, and remembered the NZXT Kraken G12 is designed for use with Asetek AIO's like Corsairs and NZXT's own coolers.

The thing I noticed though, was ordinarily the G12 is very bulky, but only because the Kraken AIO's have a very tall pump housing.

I was wondering if anyone has tried a NZXT Kraken G12 with Asetek 545LC to cool GPU in the A4-SFX?
Usually the GPU is the highest power component so makes more sense to provide the best cooling to that, so wasn't sure if it had been attempted.

It might require a small amount of dremelling on the housing of the G12 as the metal sides extend quite a way, but was curious.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I believe that my G10 + Corsair H75 turned the graphics card into 2.5 slot thick, and the A4-SFX has space for two expansion slots.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
I believe that my G10 + Corsair H75 turned the graphics card into 2.5 slot thick, and the A4-SFX has space for two expansion slots.
I know that by default is adds a little bulk, yeah, but I thought the bulk was only added from the shroud which could be cut away?
Maybe i'm wrong...