NCASE M1 V6 info

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I see, but why not a Ryzen instead?

Because certain software and workloads prefer Intel over AMD.
Diminishing returns. Not to mention the countless vulnerabilities.

There are many variables to this; which game, what resolution you're playing, which settings you're using etc.

At the end of the day, Intel is still the most solid platform to be on. Ryzen is fairly new and even though it has come a long way, it's far from mature enough.
Intel on the other hand have had decades to do this, hence being a more solid and reliable platform overall.

Also, I'm not fanboying Intel here or so, even though it might seem like it. I'm trying to give a netrual objective to this disscussion. I'm personally on an 3700X myself.

Watch this video regarding what I mentioned above, they explain it well:

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Because certain software and workloads prefer Intel over AMD.
Indeed, but we still don't know if that is the reason they intend to buy an Intel CPU. For all we know, they might have little knowledge of PCs, and just heard that the i9-10900K is "the bestest" desktop processor out there. Also note that I never said that they should get a Ryzen instead.
There are many variables to this; which game, what resolution you're playing, which settings you're using etc.
Well, this argument cuts both ways.
At the end of the day, Intel is still the most solid platform to be on. Ryzen is fairly new and even though it has come a long way, it's far from mature enough.
Intel on the other hand have had decades to do this, hence being a more solid and reliable platform overall.
A bit of nitpicking: the first desktop Core CPUs appeared in 2006, so it's not really "decades" at this point.
Also, I'm not fanboying Intel here or so, even though it might seem like it. I'm trying to give a netrual objective to this disscussion. I'm personally on an 3700X myself.
You may not be fanboying, but you do appear emotionally invested — enough to keep replying to messages addressed to someone else.
Watch this video regarding what I mentioned above, they explain it well:
He's on spot regarding the poor BIOS/UEFI and memory stability (and I'm speaking from experience), but his ultimate argument is, unsurprisingly, (blind) brand loyalty. Also, I'll just leave this here... :p

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Indeed, but we still don't know if that is the reason they intend to buy an Intel CPU. For all we know, they might have little knowledge of PCs, and just heard that the i9-10900K is "the bestest" desktop processor out there. Also note that I never said that they should get a Ryzen instead.

Well, this argument cuts both ways.

A bit of nitpicking: the first desktop Core CPUs appeared in 2006, so it's not really "decades" at this point.

You may not be fanboying, but you do appear emotionally invested — enough to keep replying to messages addressed to someone else.

He's on spot regarding the poor BIOS/UEFI and memory stability (and I'm speaking from experience), but his ultimate argument is, unsurprisingly, (blind) brand loyalty. Also, I'll just leave this here... :p

Fair enough bud, I wasn't trying to start something here, only replied as to why people may stick to Intel.
Wether they are enthusiasts or not, and whatever the reason may be. And no, I'm not emotionally invested at all, probably just came across that way.

Anywho, thanks for the discussion and you bring some valid points bud! :)

Reactions: Aluminyum

skz87

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2020
Ordered a V6.1 a few weeks ago and it's in customs in the US, but I got impatient and bought a V6 while I was waiting. Any good reason to shift my build from the V6 to the V6.1?

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
There is the change log in the first page :

V6.1

Chassis
-Adjusted front SFX mount position
-Adjusted 2.5" mounting holes
-Adjusted 2.5" drive SATA connector cutouts
-Added threaded standoffs to fan bracket mounting holes

Front I/O
-New punch tooling for smoother edges

SFX bracket
-Added/modified flanges to mitigate possible PSU movement

ODD bracket
-Adjusted 2.5" drive mount screw holes for improved stacking bracket support
-Added chassis mounted 2.5" drive screw access holes
-Adjusted aux chassis 2.5" drive screw access holes

Parts box
-Removed 120mm fan filters
-Fan grille count changed to 2
-Adjusted screw counts

Power cable
-Changed to right angle

Personally, I don't feel bad with having only a v6. Nothing major changed for me.

skz87

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2020
There is the change log in the first page :

Personally, I don't feel bad with having only a v6. Nothing major changed for me.

Yeah, I read the changelog and didn't think any of those were major enough to warrant a swap. Good to get confirmation. Thank you!

Roland

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 21, 2020
Hi
i'm looking for a gpu bracket for ncase. I checked on mnpctech but is out of stock. Is there any valid alternative?
Thanks

naadofett

Cable Smoosher
Mar 11, 2018
Hi everyone.
I just got my v6.1 the other day and mounted my sfx PSU using the bracket at the top of the case in the default position. It seems a little wobbly even when securely attached with a few screws.

Is there an additional mounting point I missed or some other bracket piece I'm supposed to attach besides the bracket at the top of the case?

Thanks!

pchangover

Case Bender
New User
Aug 4, 2020
Hey all! I've got an M1 on the way to replace my Dan A4 and I'm trying to nail down cooling. I know the go-to AIO is the Kraken X52/X53 but I really like the Arctic Freezer II 240. I've seen someone test fit into an empty case. Has anyone confirmed it absolutely does NOT fit with a full case? Thanks!

E T

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2020
Hi All,

Since my last post asking bout the compatibility of the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G card on the NCase M1 (listed as not compatible), I went ahead to purchase the NCase M1 v6.1. Gotten it around July 2020 and here're some illustration of my quick built based on the AMD Ryzen 3600 with RTX 2080 Ti. Here's the gallery.

So, moderator, you can perhaps update the GPU compatibility list for Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G as compatible. Plenty of space still for the front IO panel as well as using stock cables that came with Corsair SF700 PSU.

Reactions: rfarmer

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What are the improvements from v6 to v6.1?

Thanks
Changelog is in the first post.
Hi All,

Since my last post asking bout the compatibility of the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G card on the NCase M1 (listed as not compatible), I went ahead to purchase the NCase M1 v6.1. Gotten it around July 2020 and here're some illustration of my quick built based on the AMD Ryzen 3600 with RTX 2080 Ti. Here's the gallery.

So, moderator, you can perhaps update the GPU compatibility list for Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G as compatible. Plenty of space still for the front IO panel as well as using stock cables that came with Corsair SF700 PSU.
Updated, thanks.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I can't find any info regarding this.

Has anyone weighed their NCase fully built? I don't have a scale and I'd like to know an approximate weight for the case.