NCASE M1 V6 info

r3load3d

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2020
I don´t understand those temps on such a high priced motherboard. I have a gigabyte x570 on a ncase and the chipset at idle is at 44 degrees right now, with the chipset fan OFF and take in mind that there is a gen IV nmve drive over the chipset which should worsen things... I have a radiator on the side of the case with fans blowing into the case at 850 rpm. My chipset only sees temps over 60 degrees while rendering with vray for hours, and since the chipset fan starts spining at 60º temps, it really doesn´t go over 64, I think i remember 66 degrees once and that´s the absolute maximum temps I´ve seen on the chipset.

I don´t know, I haven´t read much about this, but there is way too much difference. either my board doesn´t read temps poperly or theres some problems on that asus cooling.

According to this post, the thermal pads used on both Asus ITX boards are pretty terrible, and sometimes not even installed property. I have considered replacing mine, but it's not really worth it when the chipset fan is inaudible and the temps aren't causing any issues. I'm only running a Gen3 NVME drive, I'd be interested to see if there's a significant temperature difference with a Gen4.

I had a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite before I downsized to the Ncase and the chipset cooling was much better at around 60 degrees with the fan off. I would have bought the Gigabyte ITX board, except the socket placement meant my C14S wouldn't fit in the Ncase.

Going technical with this question, is there any loss in audio quality if I connect headphones or speakers through my monitor audio jack?

Your monitor takes a digital audio signal and converts that to an analog signal with a built in DAC. In every monitor I've used, the built in DAC has been pretty cheap and poor quality, so I wouldn't recommend it. Your motherboard's built in DAC is almost certainly going to be better.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
I just recived my set of black panels, got the silver v6 last year but wanted to switch things up. So i tried doing only black top and the rest silver, and i must say that i like it!

Took some photos of it with my phone (bare in mind im no master in photography?) both in light and dark room with "night sight". Heres a link to the gallery
If anyone wants another combo, feel free to ask.
I really appreciate it ! Also, really pleased you are enjoying it. Just a personal insight; the all black version is the best with rgb lighting.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I just recived my set of black panels, got the silver v6 last year but wanted to switch things up. So i tried doing only black top and the rest silver, and i must say that i like it!

Took some photos of it with my phone (bare in mind im no master in photography?) both in light and dark room with "night sight". Heres a link to the gallery
If anyone wants another combo, feel free to ask.

Ok, I'm sold! Gonna go ahead and do that. Maybe front and top black could also look nice.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Would you guys think that removing the Vega 56 blower shroud and placing 2 NF-A12X25 fans underneath would help with temps (and therefore noise) or there is no point to this?

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Received my M1 a few days ago and completed my build yesterday. I'm using the following parts:

- i9 9900k
- Asus Z390I
- EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition
- 2x 16GB DDR4 / 3000Mhz
- Corsair H100i v2 paired with 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM
- Corsair SF750
- 250GB Samsung 960 Evo nvme
- 960GB Corsair MP510 nvme
- 2x Arctic F12 PWM PST as bottom intake
- 1x Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM (92mm) as back exhaust

Really happy with the build! CPU boost stays at 4.7GHZ all-core with temps of 59-68°C while gaming at 4k. Stress-testing the CPU is also very impressive, after 30min of prime95 (without AVX), CPU is still boosting to 4.7GHZ all-core. While gaming, it is very quiet. All in all, great case with much options and great cooling capability for such a form factor, i'm very happy! :)

Reactions: Plaklijm and Qrash

Immanitas

Case Bender
New User
Mar 31, 2020
Just a little question about your delivering procedure. Why are you not able to send a package to germany while you are able to send them to syria and ukraine?!? DHL, UPS and GLS are still working, there is not a complete shutdown in this country. As far as i know you are able to deliver in countries while there is still a civil war ongoing. And btw. you still send them to Great Britain and in the US.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Just a little question about your delivering procedure. Why are you not able to send a package to germany while you are able to send them to syria and ukraine?!? DHL, UPS and GLS are still working, there is not a complete shutdown in this country. As far as i know you are able to deliver in countries while there is still a civil war ongoing. And btw. you still send them to Great Britain and in the US.
Taiwan Post has suspended shipments to certain countries, you can see the most current list here. I don't know have any insight into TWPS's decisions.

Immanitas

Case Bender
New User
Mar 31, 2020
Taiwan Post has suspended shipments to certain countries, you can see the most current list here. I don't know have any insight into TWPS's decisions.
Okay, then it is like it is, but their decision is not understandable and doesnt base at evidence at all. Is there any possible option to send the case with a different delivery service, like DHL or UPS?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Okay, then it is like it is, but their decision is not understandable and doesnt base at evidence at all. Is there any possible option to send the case with a different delivery service, like DHL or UPS?
No, unfortunately. W360 has looked into this, and he tells me the other companies that ship out of Taiwan require business shipping accounts for the volume we ship, which are limited to businesses registered in Taiwan (which NCASE is not).

dzpliu

Cable Smoosher
New User
Jun 22, 2019
I still have not received any tracking number, is it possible that orders are delayed?
To singapore.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I still have not received any tracking number, is it possible that orders are delayed?
To singapore.
W360 sent out tracking numbers for this week's shipment 5-6 hours ago, so you should have yours.

Reactions: dzpliu

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020

It’s been a while since you post this but I would like to thank you. So my 279x140x37 1080 Armor can fit too!

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Waiting for the 3.5” HDD brackets to come back in stock. No luck on eBay or Reddit.

Given all the builds I’ve seen online, I find it hard to believe even half the people are using the included drive brackets. Surely someone out there is willing to part with it.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Waiting for the 3.5” HDD brackets to come
back in stock. No luck on eBay or Reddit.

Given all the builds I’ve seen online, I find it hard to believe even half the people are using the included drive brackets. Surely someone out there is willing to part with it.

Which one is that exactly?... The thing that which you can mount an 240 rad to or is it something extra that is included? (in that case (no pun intended), I'm surely not using it since I'm only rocking a single 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD for my system)

Reactions: yuserinterface

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Which one is that exactly?... The thing that which you can mount an 240 rad to or is it something extra that is included? (in that case (no pun intended), I'm surely not using it since I'm only rocking a single 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD for my system)
This. For me, it came pre-installed on radiator mounting plate.

I would buy this and the rubber grommets and screws that go with it.

I plan on doing this: https://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1187220/3/35/358b3ff1_Gs9Wp5P.jpeg

Last edited: