NCASE M1 V6 info

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
This. For me, it came pre-installed on radiator mounting plate.

I would buy this and the rubber grommets and screws that go with it.

I plan on doing this: https://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1187220/3/35/358b3ff1_Gs9Wp5P.jpeg

If you want I’m happy to send them to you myself since I’m not using them. Let me know if you do want them and I can try to drop them in the post tomorrow or the day after. For free of course, just pay shipping and it’ll be fine.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
If you want I’m happy to send them to you myself since I’m not using them. Let me know if you do want them and I can try to drop them in the post tomorrow or the day after. For free of course, just pay shipping and it’ll be fine.
Very decent of you @MultiDoc. I had 2 of them for my v5.0 but when I sold the case I included both of them.

Reactions: MultiDoc

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Very decent of you @MultiDoc. I had 2 of them for my v5.0 but when I sold the case I included both of them.

Well MultiDoc was faster there, very nice of you to ship yours to him for free. Otherwise I would've, since I'm not using mine either.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Hey, my order is showing as shipped for couple of days. But the tracking number is still AwaitingTracking or something. Is that normal?

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Hey, my order is showing as shipped for couple of days. But the tracking number is still AwaitingTracking or something. Is that normal?
This is normal. When I bought my case, it took about 3 days to receive the tracking number email after I got the "AwaitingTracking" email. I also bought a panel kit last month and it also took 3 days.

All in all, it took 9 days and 11 days, respectively, from Taiwan to NYC. It only spent 1 day in customs. This is even during the Coronavirus lockdown.

Reactions: M-jeri

Nnyan

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 25, 2020
My shipping week was 30th to the 3rd (last week). I got my "shipment from order ### is on the way" on the 30th. I got a tracking number email on the 3rd and it was delivered to my door on the 4th.

2020-04-07 08:51
SACRAMENTO, CA 95816, Arrived at Post Office

2020-04-07 00:34
SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2020-04-06 10:37
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2020-04-06 10:36
Inbound Out of Customs

2020-04-05 22:39
Inbound Into Customs

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS), Processed Through Facility

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Origin - Cached time: 2020-04-04 08:41:08 (GMT-07:00)
2020-04-01 19:42
國際航空郵件科, 已出口-資料詳如右方, 目的國:美國, 目的互換局:AMC SAN FRANCISCO, 總包號碼:389, 離開原寄國日期:20200405

2020-04-01 11:07
基隆愛三路郵局, 交寄郵件, 目的國:美國

dzpliu

Cable Smoosher
New User
Jun 22, 2019
I had that for around 5 days before a tracking number was updated. I have already received mine yesterday.

Reactions: M-jeri

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@Necere Do the v6 side panels (compared to the v5 side panels) extend further upwards, providing better airflow for radiators mounted in the "upper" screw slot? The v5 panels are centered with the radiator mount in the bottom (default) position, and I was considering getting the V6 panels to improve the airflow, but only if it indeed is extended upwards.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Do the v6 side panels (compared to the v5 side panels) extend further upwards, providing better airflow for radiators mounted in the "upper" screw slot? The v5 panels are centered with the radiator mount in the bottom (default) position, and I was considering getting the V6 panels to improve the airflow, but only if it indeed is extended upwards.
The V6 ventilation does not extend any further up.

Reactions: For_Science

tmoney24

Case Bender
New User
Mar 10, 2020
@Necere I placed an order for the case on 3/10. Got tracking on 4/03.

Still says it's in Taiwan. Any updates/info? Been a month.

Thanks

2020-04-06 09:00
TAIWAN, TAIPEI INT AMF, Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through a facility in TAIPEI INT AMF, TAIWAN at 9:00 am on April 6, 2020.

2020-04-01 09:28
TAIWAN, Acceptance
Origin - Tracking consuming: 2514 ms
International Air Mail Section, Exported - Data Detailed as right, Destination Country: United States, Destination Swap Bureau: AMC LOS LOS, General Package Number: 123, Departure Country Date: 20200420

Keelung Love Three Road Post Office, Mail, Destination Country: United States, Post Road: Land and Air

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere I placed an order for the case on 3/10. Got tracking on 4/03.

Still says it's in Taiwan. Any updates/info? Been a month.

Thanks

TAIWAN, TAIPEI INT AMF, Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through a facility in TAIPEI INT AMF, TAIWAN at 9:00 am on April 6, 2020.

TAIWAN, Acceptance
Origin - Tracking consuming: 2514 ms
International Air Mail Section, Exported - Data Detailed as right, Destination Country: United States, Destination Swap Bureau: AMC LOS LOS, General Package Number: 123, Departure Country Date: 20200420

Keelung Love Three Road Post Office, Mail, Destination Country: United States, Post Road: Land and Air
The tracking will say it's still in Taiwan while it's sitting waiting to be processed by customs in the US. We've had a few people emailing support whose order is similarly stuck at ISC Los Angeles (US customs processing center for the west coast), so it's safe to say that they're just backed up. Nothing to do but wait, unfortunately.

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Would like to share my experiences with the v6 so far, I had a v4 before i moved to the v6. Overal with some tweaking my thermals and noise levels have been improved a lot.

Setup:
Asus B450i Gaming
Ryzen 2700 (stock)
Noctua NH-C12P
32 GB Corsair
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Windforce

In my old v4 I was rocking two Thermalright TY140's below my GPU (Gigabyte 2080 Windforce) and during long game sessions, for example Resident Evil 2, my GPU reached max 80 degrees (stock, no OC) with the GPU fans limited to 55% fan speed and the TY140's at max 70%.

When I switched to the v6 I also decided to switch the TY140's for Noctua NF-A12x25. Overal, because of the case and the new fans I already achieved major improvements. The GPU temp now maxed out at 74 degrees (stock, no OC) with the GPU fans limited to 55% and the NF-A12x25's at max 60%.

Then someone on the NCase Discord channel informed me about undervolting my GPU and that did wonders for me. During long gaming sessions my GPU temperatures now max out 66 degrees (super tiny OC at 1860 Mhz @ 0,887 V) with the GPU fans limited to 40% and the the NF-A12x25's at max 60%.

I think this is a great example that open air GPU's in the V6 with proper fans below it and undervolting (which in my case even lead to higher FPS, just by messing with the Clock speed and Voltage curve) can work really well! Before I really thought open air GPU's had to be de-shrouded to reach good thermals and noise performance, but it seems this is not the case anymore.

@Necere The v4 was already amazing, but the v6 is an absolute win. Super impressed with the performance and build quality of the case. One small thingy which really made me wonder If I was doing wrong, or it was by design. I've mounted my PSU (SF600) in the ATX way (against the front panel) and it was hell to connect the power cable to the PSU. Any plans on changing that for future releases?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
The V6 ventilation does not extend any further up.
Thanks for the clarification, is this a technical limitation or a design consideration? Just wondering if there is any hope for future versions or whether that's just the way its going to be.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere The v4 was already amazing, but the v6 is an absolute win. Super impressed with the performance and build quality of the case. One small thingy which really made me wonder If I was doing wrong, or it was by design. I've mounted my PSU (SF600) in the ATX way (against the front panel) and it was hell to connect the power cable to the PSU. Any plans on changing that for future releases?
What problem are you having? What changes would address it?

Thanks for the clarification, is this a technical limitation or a design consideration? Just wondering if there is any hope for future versions or whether that's just the way its going to be.
Both. Punching too many holes can result in panel warping during manufacture, and the V6 panels are already pushing that limit. Design-wise I tried to keep the ventilated area roughly equidistant from the edges to keep it visually balanced.

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
What problem are you having? What changes would address it?

The issue I ran into that there is so little space between the PSU and the side panel to be connected, that it took my a lot of force to connect it. I was scared I was breaking the power cable or I might damage on of the clips for the side panel. Solution would be to include a power cable that bends to the other way, or maybe move the PSU away from the side panel by a few mm (would still be a tight fit, but a few mm would already do a great deal).

For some reason I cant add the image, I need to contact the Administrator... But it's here in imgur:

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah, that is already fixed in the 6.1: they now ship it with the cable with the corner on the other side.

And they also sell that other cable on the store: https://ncases.com/products/m1_power_cable

But out of stock, unfortunately.

Personally, I will get that one from taobao :