NCASE M1 V6 info

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
ow, yeah but i dont think with an AIO wich is much heavier its the smartest idea to mount it with only 2 screws, the bracket isnt the most durable thing ever, and also with the extra height added to a radiator, the little bumps where the tubing stick out and one on the opposite side, i dont think it'll fit. or it will interfere with the gpu and top panel, or with the sides. and also correct me if im wrong, but the hdd bracket doesnt have the same spacing as an 120 mm fan. and looking at yourbuild it is almost touching the edge, so there will be incufficient spacing, or you need to drill your own holes. dont recoomend that tho.

With my previous PC in the In Win 303 case, I used to have a 280mm with just 4 screws and it stayed in place for 4+ years without an issue. So I think a 140mm with 2 screws is plenty safe enough

Reactions: Plaklijm

iamwatt

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 18, 2020
I am trying to order a M1 v6 to Italy, but it is not showing up in your shipping. Is this an error or do you not currently ship to Italy?

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Quick question for anyone that might know: can we fit 2 x 2.5 SSD’s on the front inside while having also a 240 radiator on the side bracket ?

EDIT: never mind, just found the answer myself, yes you can ?

Last edited:

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Arent you borders close?
My country borders Italy, and we have almost the same curfew measures, but merchandise and cargo shipments are allowed. I am not sure for Italy, though...I have not ordered anything online either.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
1.Will NCASE produce more ODD panels once the current stock runs out? We have been having a curfew for more than a week, and frankly, i do not feel like spending money on my hobbies right now.

2.Has anyone ever tried switching to black top panel while the rest is silver? I know that it would make sense if the side and front panels were plain white, but still...

hengster

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2020
@Necere i am using i5-9600k on a ASRock Phantom Z390i inside a V6 Black. All of a sudden today, one of the front USB (Type A) stopped working. The other USB is fine, and front audio/mic too. Is this a known issue or is there an easy fix? Thank you.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
@Necere i am using i5-9600k on a ASRock Phantom Z390i inside a V6 Black. All of a sudden today, one of the front USB (Type A) stopped working. The other USB is fine, and front audio/mic too. Is this a known issue or is there an easy fix? Thank you.

Same here, one of the front USB ports on my v5 has stopped working for almost a year now. Never looked into it though.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
In which country are you living?

On the ncase website, there is some information :

If you are among the unfortunate countries, I am afraid that you will have to wait... Otherwise, if are in a different country than those, it is written "on time".

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Anyone have the Crosshair VIII Impact inside this case? My chipset temps are 77-78 degrees, is that too high?
I’m currently building mine with the Crosshair VIII Impact, but haven’t finished yet so can’t comment from my own experience. I have read some users though had high temps with this motherboard which later was found due to missing thermal pads under the VRM heat sink. So I’d suggest you check yours and see if they are there or not. If not buy some quality ones.

r3load3d

Cable Smoosher
Jan 13, 2020
Anyone have the Crosshair VIII Impact inside this case? My chipset temps are 77-78 degrees, is that too high?

I recently finished a build with this board. My chipset temp is currently 69 degrees at idle, with the chipset and VRM fans both at 1600RPM, which is inaudible. Under a gaming load, the temperature increases to 71 degrees with about a 100RPM increase in fan speeds.

Cooling setup is a C14S with 140mm intake fan, rear 92mm intake, PSU mounted at the front (ATX position) and an Accelero 3 on the GPU with 2x 120mm exhaust fans.

Reactions: schn1tt3r

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I recently finished a build with this board. My chipset temp is currently 69 degrees at idle, with the chipset and VRM fans both at 1600RPM, which is inaudible. Under a gaming load, the temperature increases to 71 degrees with about a 100RPM increase in fan speeds.

Cooling setup is a C14S with 140mm intake fan, rear 92mm intake, PSU mounted at the front (ATX position) and an Accelero 3 on the GPU with 2x 120mm exhaust fans.

I don´t understand those temps on such a high priced motherboard. I have a gigabyte x570 on a ncase and the chipset at idle is at 44 degrees right now, with the chipset fan OFF and take in mind that there is a gen IV nmve drive over the chipset which should worsen things... I have a radiator on the side of the case with fans blowing into the case at 850 rpm. My chipset only sees temps over 60 degrees while rendering with vray for hours, and since the chipset fan starts spining at 60º temps, it really doesn´t go over 64, I think i remember 66 degrees once and that´s the absolute maximum temps I´ve seen on the chipset.

I don´t know, I haven´t read much about this, but there is way too much difference. either my board doesn´t read temps poperly or theres some problems on that asus cooling.

Flurre

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 24, 2020
1.Will NCASE produce more ODD panels once the current stock runs out? We have been having a curfew for more than a week, and frankly, i do not feel like spending money on my hobbies right now.

2.Has anyone ever tried switching to black top panel while the rest is silver? I know that it would make sense if the side and front panels were plain white, but still...

I just recived my set of black panels, got the silver v6 last year but wanted to switch things up. So i tried doing only black top and the rest silver, and i must say that i like it!

Took some photos of it with my phone (bare in mind im no master in photography?) both in light and dark room with "night sight". Heres a link to the gallery
If anyone wants another combo, feel free to ask.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Going technical with this question, is there any loss in audio quality if I connect headphones or speakers through my monitor audio jack?