NCASE M1 V6 info

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
Anyone built the Ncase with a 3950x using a C14s cooler? If so, what specs / temps / noise are you getting? I'm thinking about swapping out my 3700x and putting in my 3950x but I'm not going water cooling or AIO.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have a custom loop, but I notice not much difference in cooling a 3700x or a 3950x. the 3700 x was consuming like 140-150 w and go sky high in temps, the 3950x consmes more like 220w but since it has two chiplets and more surface to dissipate the heat, it stays lower in temps.

This is from the perspective of a custom loop, but my guess is that a good heatsink like the C14 is going to behave in a very similar way.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Could someone with front IO AND bottom fans post pictures of cable routing please (preferrably with big GPU I have the 1080ti Strix)? I have a DTX front IO capable motherboard, but since I have no use for front IO yet, I went without.

I am having a hard time imagining how to route cables if, in the future, I decide to enable front IO.

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Could someone with front IO AND bottom fans post pictures of cable routing please (preferrably with big GPU I have the 1080ti Strix)?
Audio through the front, and front i/o through the back. I don't have a great picture but maybe you can get an idea.

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Sooo, tracking lists my ODD panel as "Delivered, Left with Individual -> Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 3:48 pm on March 14, 2020 in..."

But I did not get anything delivered to my door. Not really familiar with this carrier, so what should I do?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Anyone built the Ncase with a 3950x using a C14s cooler? If so, what specs / temps / noise are you getting? I'm thinking about swapping out my 3700x and putting in my 3950x but I'm not going water cooling or AIO.
dont have experience myself, but on the site of noctua it said that the cooler should handle it with "low turbo/overclocking headroom"
and because the case is pretty airflow optimized i wouldnt think this would be a problem
https://noctua.at/en/nh-c14s/cpucomp

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Sooo, tracking lists my ODD panel as "Delivered, Left with Individual -> Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 3:48 pm on March 14, 2020 in..."

But I did not get anything delivered to my door. Not really familiar with this carrier, so what should I do?
What carrier?

I'd suggest checking with your neighbors, see if one of them might've signed for it.

KgKinerd

Case Bender
New User
Mar 15, 2020
Hello! I've recently purchased an m1 on preorder expected to ship at the end of the month or shortly after. I went with the black option but have had a change or heart and am hoping I could edit my order to receive the silver version instead. Thanks!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello! I've recently purchased an m1 on preorder expected to ship at the end of the month or shortly after. I went with the black option but have had a change or heart and am hoping I could edit my order to receive the silver version instead. Thanks!
Send a message to our support email with your order number and color change request.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Just received the ODD panel today. I’ve gathered most parts now (still contemplating about the GPU) and soon will start the build.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Dudes, can I fit two krakens x42 to the side panel of the m1 v6? 140mm AIOs.
You can't actually, there aren't 140mm fan holes, so it wouldnt be screwed in properly, and I don't think it'll fit that nicely with the extra height and stuff. You can fit dual 120mm aio's tho, lots of pictures and build on the internet. I wanted it too but backed out. But dual 120 will fit

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
You can't actually, there aren't 140mm fan holes, so it wouldnt be screwed in properly, and I don't think it'll fit that nicely with the extra height and stuff. You can fit dual 120mm aio's tho, lots of pictures and build on the internet. I wanted it too but backed out. But dual 120 will fit
You can fit a 140mm fan (attached with 2 screws) and the 3.5 in hdd bracket. See my build here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/jDBbt6 .

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I have not found anyone describing what I did, so I decided to post it for future reference.

For all of those who don't know, the x570i Aorus board (and b450i) cpu socket is a bit more displaced than others, this does not let you close the top panel while having installed the C14S in its normal orientation. Another issue with this is that the 140mm fan does not allow the psu to be in the sfx position.

I have managed to fit all the mentioned parts while being able to close the case, and having my SF600 in the SFX position. Pipes will be upward, but the downside in performance should be minimal as the pipes are really short.

For this to work you need to align your C14S with pipes upward, being a 90 degree turn. You need to order the NM-AM4 mounting kit free with Noctua (it takes about 2-3 weeks) or pay for it in Amazon to get it quickly.

After installing the bracket (1st image) proceed to mount the cooler. My Vega 56 did not fit normally so I had to remove the backplate, then there is no issue. As in the 2nd image, sf600 fits in sfx position, no contact with fan.

Observations: NF-A9 PWM (25mm) fan is a few mm off from fitting, I'm sure a NF-A9-14 should fit. It is likely you need to remove your gpu backplate if you have one.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
You can fit a 140mm fan (attached with 2 screws) and the 3.5 in hdd bracket. See my build here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/jDBbt6 .
ow, yeah but i dont think with an AIO wich is much heavier its the smartest idea to mount it with only 2 screws, the bracket isnt the most durable thing ever, and also with the extra height added to a radiator, the little bumps where the tubing stick out and one on the opposite side, i dont think it'll fit. or it will interfere with the gpu and top panel, or with the sides. and also correct me if im wrong, but the hdd bracket doesnt have the same spacing as an 120 mm fan. and looking at yourbuild it is almost touching the edge, so there will be incufficient spacing, or you need to drill your own holes. dont recoomend that tho.