NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Are all the cases still shipping out okay? I have one pre ordered for dispatch this week!
All shipments for this week should be on schedule.

After years of keeping my case safe it finally got it's first scuff when a florescent light bulb fell on it. The only damage is to the top panel. Is there any way to order a top panel without the disk slot? I wonder if Necere finds some existential humor in people asking for slightly different things all the time.
We don't have the non-ODD top panels for sale individually, unfortunately. You might be able to buy one off someone who just ordered an ODD top panel, though.

Thank you Necere!!!
I just ordered the I/O Kit :)

Just out of curiosity: Is the audio combo jack on the I/O Kit also black (like on the V6.1)?
These front I/O kits are as the picture shows, with a silver audio jack. They are actually from the initial V6 production. Apart from the audio jack, they're identical to the V6.1 front I/O.

Nice, thanks for this ? Question:
- The I/O front plates are only V6, I cannot use it on the v5?
- Any chance we can get single side-panel & front-panel available (don't need the entire kit)?
The front I/O plates are specific to the V6 front I/O bracket. The plates by themselves cannot be used with the V5 and earlier bracket.

We don't have plans at this time to offer panels individually (apart from ODD top panels).

Haveloc

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2020
No shipping options to China at the moment unfortunately :( Understandable due to the Covid-19 virus I suppose...

I've ordered an M1 Top Panel with ODD to my UK address instead.

@Necere, if China shipping option becomes available before my order ships, am I able to change the shipping address?

edamar

Efficiency Noob
Jan 8, 2020
Is there any benefit in putting an NF-A12x25 under a blower card (Vega 56)?

From my experience with a 2080 ti it does help a few degrees, but with that said the fans really were not "needed" as the GPU was already pretty stable without them. Guess that's just a testament to how well the Ncase M1 V6.1 handles thermals. Though the Vega 56 only has one fan while the 2080 ti has two so it may help the Vega 56 more than it does help the 2080 ti. I would say to first stress test without any fans and see if your comfortable with the thermals you get. I probably wouldn't have put bottom fans in my build if I would of known before hand that it would only give 3 to 5 degrees of an improvement. If you go to page 136 you can see the benchmark results I did before and after putting the fans

Cipherzero

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 19, 2020
All shipments for this week should be on schedule.

We don't have the non-ODD top panels for sale individually, unfortunately. You might be able to buy one off someone who just ordered an ODD top panel, though.

These front I/O kits are as the picture shows, with a silver audio jack. They are actually from the initial V6 production. Apart from the audio jack, they're identical to the V6.1 front I/O.

The front I/O plates are specific to the V6 front I/O bracket. The plates by themselves cannot be used with the V5 and earlier bracket.

We don't have plans at this time to offer panels individually (apart from ODD top panels).

I actually just ordered my M1 and had the intention of swapping out the stock top for the ODD one later this week.

I'm more than happy to give mine at the cost of shipping once the ODD top is deliveried

Reactions: rfarmer

thefiend1

Trash Compacter
Oct 6, 2017
@Necere Any chance you will sell just the right side panel? The panel that exposes the backside of the mobo. Also, any estimation as to when the new IO kit will come back in stock?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Any chance you will sell just the right side panel? The panel that exposes the backside of the mobo. Also, any estimation as to when the new IO kit will come back in stock?
No plans for individual panels aside from the ODD top panels right now. Front I/O kits should be restocked at the end of April.

Reactions: thefiend1

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I can only assume that there would be some minor benefit in placing one under the inlet fan. Though I have no actual evidence
From my experience with a 2080 ti it does help a few degrees, but with that said the fans really were not "needed" as the GPU was already pretty stable without them. Guess that's just a testament to how well the Ncase M1 V6.1 handles thermals. Though the Vega 56 only has one fan while the 2080 ti has two so it may help the Vega 56 more than it does help the 2080 ti. I would say to first stress test without any fans and see if your comfortable with the thermals you get. I probably wouldn't have put bottom fans in my build if I would of known before hand that it would only give 3 to 5 degrees of an improvement. If you go to page 136 you can see the benchmark results I did before and after putting the fans

I guess someday I'll buy a a A12x25 and see if it helps best on the side panel or under the gpu.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
A question that’s I’m sure has been asked a million times but given my lousy search skills can’t find at the moment ?

What’s the max thickness for a 240 radiator + fans installed on the side panel ? Can you use 30mm rad with 25mm fans or 15mm ? ?

GhostEther

Efficiency Noob
Jan 7, 2020

Built my NCASE M1 this monday. Really impressed with the case!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Any plans for the "3.5"/2.5" drive brackets" yet?
Thank you in advance!
Just panels and front I/O kits for the time being.

A question that’s I’m sure has been asked a million times but given my lousy search skills can’t find at the moment ?

What’s the max thickness for a 240 radiator + fans installed on the side panel ? Can you use 30mm rad with 25mm fans or 15mm ? ?
From the fan bracket to the PSU you've got about 85mm. Then from the fan bracket to the top of the CPU there's 130mm. So your rad+fans+tubing needs to be less than the former, and rad+fans+tubing+CPU block needs to be less than the latter. In practice, you want to stick to rads less than 35mm or so (with 25mm thick fans), and a CPU block that isn't too tall and has angled fittings for the tubing.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Thanks for the detailed response Necere!

Received my v6.1 case yesterday after work in fact, and was quite surprised (and happy) that this time I only paid 13.33£ VAT plus 12£ handling fee ? (2 years ago when I bought the v5 it hurt quite a lot more).

Reactions: Plaklijm

retnyop

Cable Smoosher
New User
Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the detailed response Necere!

Received my v6.1 case yesterday after work in fact, and was quite surprised (and happy) that this time I only paid 13.33£ VAT plus 12£ handling fee ? (2 years ago when I bought the v5 it hurt quite a lot more).
same here, dam RoyalMail fee is a pain, used to be £8 last time I paid. Should be delivered Tuesday, can't wait.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Just opened mine. Amazing quality. What is the bracket in box 1 for? Also, those fan grills that come in box 1 are for use on the radiator fans I assume?

EDIT: Also, can front IO cables be used alongside 2 bottom fans?

EDIT2: Is the power button supposed to light up? Mine doesn't but PLED and HDD LED cables come with the case so that's why I would assume it would? My motherboard manual doesn't show which pins are positive and negatives, does it matter which way I plug those cables?

Last edited:

abear182

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
My case landed in UK customs last night. But they mustn't work at the weekend! But I am delighted to hear that UK customers seem to be getting charged a reasonable price for the custom charges.

Does anyone know if you can just pay the charges when it appears on the tracking portal or do you have to wait for Parcel Force to send you a letter?